aidan80

Free TV...

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

While poking around online I found this.. a federal government website about the change to digital TV. I was just thinking.. they are giving away up to 2 $40 coupons for these digital - analogue converter boxes but.. are the things any good. Does anyone have one and can you actually watch anything on it?

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Speaking of, I'm a little bit confused about the change and haven't taken the time to sort it out...

We have a TV in the bedroom that is hooked up to cable, but we don't have a digital box. But neither do we use an antenna on it. Do we need a converter for that TV too?

Timeline
Speaking of, I'm a little bit confused about the change and haven't taken the time to sort it out...

We have a TV in the bedroom that is hooked up to cable, but we don't have a digital box. But neither do we use an antenna on it. Do we need a converter for that TV too?

As far as I know they are only killing over the air analogue signals so analogue cable will remain as is alongside digital. Although you might want to check with your cable company just to be 100%.

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband watches the TV and installed the boxes. It looks fine with a clear picture ( we don't have cable ). A few extra channels came up, but the CBC does not come in at all unless we turn off the box.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
While poking around online I found this.. a federal government website about the change to digital TV. I was just thinking.. they are giving away up to 2 $40 coupons for these digital - analogue converter boxes but.. are the things any good. Does anyone have one and can you actually watch anything on it?

It's not free TV - all it does is allow your analogue TV to receive a digital signal provided you have one coming in. If you're not paying the cable company and you hook a cable from the wall to your TV, you'll see nothing but snow.

If you really don't want to pay for TV, you can invest in a power antennae for your roof - or if you're lucky, rabbit ears might work, but you'll only pick up the local channels.

Timeline

It's not free TV - all it does is allow your analogue TV to receive a digital signal provided you have one coming in. If you're not paying the cable company and you hook a cable from the wall to your TV, you'll see nothing but snow.

If you really don't want to pay for TV, you can invest in a power antennae for your roof - or if you're lucky, rabbit ears might work, but you'll only pick up the local channels.

The coupons are Free.. the TV is already bought.. almost Free TV then! :lol: Not totally true about not paying the cable company.. last place we lived in we paid the cable company nothing yet we had all the channels!.. I've a feeling the previous resident or landlond went up the pole and took off the trap! :hehe:

I know it just converts what we get/don't get now but.. I was just wondering if there's any or many over the air channels to pickup over here. Back home you got everything over the air. I've a funny feeling we'd get like 3 channels 2 religion and the other government :rofl:

Edited by aidan80

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Timeline

The coupons are Free.. the TV is already bought.. almost Free TV then! :lol: Not totally true about not paying the cable company.. last place we lived in we paid the cable company nothing yet we had all the channels!.. I've a feeling the previous resident or landlond went up the pole and took off the trap! :hehe:

I know it just converts what we get/don't get now but.. I was just wondering if there's any or many over the air channels to pickup over here. Back home you got everything over the air. I've a funny feeling we'd get like 3 channels 2 religion and the other government :rofl:

Yep...pretty much. I grew up in Arizona on free TV (local channels). But ever since I moved to California, I could never get a strong enough signal with just the rabbit ears. With a good antennae, you should probably get NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, CW, public television and perhaps some others.

Timeline
TV is teh evil.. i know it's true cuzi just saw a show about it

Do you watch Oprah?

no im not gay like u looooooooooooooooool

It takes a big man to cry while watching Oprah...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Do you watch Oprah?

And an even bigger man to laugh at that man!

Timeline

Do you watch Oprah?

Oh no.. Dr Phil! :blink:

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Timeline

Do you watch Oprah?

...props to Jack Handy.