solsoeur

Wedding Ceremonies in Jamaica

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here is some wedding info I compiled for anyone interested. It is mostly Negril area stuff. I was thinking if anyone had any information for other areas they could add it to this thread. Also if you want a spreedsheet of this info PM me I have it saved on my laptop.

Ceremony Info

FACILITY NAME CONTACT INFO PRICE

BEACH HOUSE VILLAS Vinnette75@aol.com $650.00

HONEYMOON PACKAGE-$1078 THRU$1560

CHARELA INN WWW.CHARELA.COM $420

Honeymoon package-$1786

RONDEL VILLAGE WWW.RONDELVILLAGE.COM $640.00 4NGT HONEYMOON PACKAGE-$1479 PHOTOS INCLUDED

THE GRAND PINEAPPLE WWW.NEGRILGARDENRESORT.COM $400.00 ROOMS $288 PER NIGHT

TEN SING PEN RESORT WWW.TENSINGPEN.COM $900.00 ROOMS$180 PER NIGHT PHOTOS INCLUDED

Couples Resort www.couples.com/weddings $890-$4500 PHOTOS INCLUDED

Coral Cove Beach Resort www.coralcovejamaica.com $699-$2049 PHOTOS INCLUDED

RIU Negril www.riu.com free-$1115 guests staying off property may be charged to attend ceremony

Grand Lido Negril www.grandlido.com free with 3 night stay

PHOTOGRAPHY

WWW.SUNGOLDPHOTOGRAPHY.COM

www.angelastott.com

WEDDING COORDINATOR

Weddings by Isabelle www.megril-jamaica-weddings.com

Tropical wedding www.tropicalweddingsjamaica.com

Edited by solsoeur

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all,

Coral Cove is lovely. We almost had our wedding there, but the guests resident on the island felt it was too far from most of them. We married on North Coast instead.

I can also vouch for Isabelle Stewart. I met with her and spent almost a whole day with her going over menus and all the different possibilities. She is cool. She is French but has lived in JA for many, many years married and had her kids there, etc.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just jumping in . Sungold does "The Best" photos in Negril. They are the most professional. (But honestly they are a bit pricey and in very popular demand. They are reffering their business to this other lady. She is just as good).

I

Elite Upscale Weddings, Negril, Jamaica Quality Weddings Affordable Prices ,www.eliteupscaleweddings.com

Timeline
Just jumping in . Sungold does "The Best" photos in Negril. They are the most professional. (But honestly they are a bit pricey and in very popular demand. They are reffering their business to this other lady. She is just as good).

I

these are the pics u posted at one time right??? they were BEAUTIFUL. i still go back and look every once and a while.. i even sent the link to my SO lol

Timeline
Anyone having a wedding in Jamaica soon?

Photography:

I really like people who take photo journalistic style pictures. They tell more of a story and look less "posey".

http://www.saabweddings.com/

http://www.aperturephotographics.com/jamaica.htm

For my wedding, I used a local guy who shot pictures very well. He was well aware of lighting and caught images at really good timing. He was very locally priced. I can get his info if anyone wants it.

I really do suggest that anyone who is marrying in Jamaica to a Jamaican....to go LOCAL with all your vendors. You will find that you get great service at a fraction of the raised costs as some of these other vendors that charge you an arm and a leg just cause you are from out of town.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gorgeous wedding pics from Negril Escape:

http://www.sungoldphoto.com/Vanessa-Tim/

That was beautiful! Are either Vanessa or Tim VJers?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

That was beautiful! Are either Vanessa or Tim VJers?

Not that I am aware of - Sun Gold posted that on negril.com - Just thought I would add it here since we have some planning weddings / renewals in JA

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

These brought tears to my eyes :crying:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.