DJ+Ten

83 days since interview

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had always thought that the CSC was going to be the vast majority of waiting time. But now I've waited the same time SINCE the NOA2 as it took to GET the NOA2. Checking K-1 stats for January filers, thru Manila Consulate:

Out of 35 records total...

23 I129Fs pending (20 with interview date)

12 visas approved

I'm not sure what these numbers mean. We got the I129F approved and had the interview already but no visa yet. So we don't fit either category. I'm not sure why there is not a 3rd category.

Anyway what did the 12 people have to do to finally get their visa?

Our packet has been forwarded to the NSO for document verification TWO TIMES.

On my last call to NSO, "PJ" swears he sent it back Sep 5th. But the embassy swears they didn't get it in the Sep 5 batch.

Some more analysis of the January filers going thru Manila....

I show 21 interviews, all were done already and the latest was 8/27.

The visas that got approved took from 2 to 51 days (std deviation = 16 days for the successful group).

Those still waiting for a visa range from 19 to 126 days since interview.

So how many "standard dev's" have we been waiting? It ranges from 1 to 8 times the std dev of the successful visa group.

In our case we're at 6 std dev's (and counting ). We're smack in the middle of the group still waiting. I expect that some of the longest ones are visas that were issued (or the relationship ended), but the histories were not updated.

My big burning question is this... those nine of us still waiting... were we supposed to bribe somebody to get this thing moving?

How many of you successful ones had to "grease the wheels" a bit?

DJ

2006 Apr 30 Met in Yahoo chat room.

2006 Aug 06 Met in person, Negros Occ., Philippines

2006 Aug 18, Oct 22, Dec 22, 2007 May 22: DJ back to Negros Occ

2007 Dec Ten's annulment of marriage recorded

2008 Jan 03 sent I-129F to CSC, opened Jan 04

2008 Jan 07 NOA1 - I-129F "Notice Date"; Jan 11 NAO1 by mail

2008 May 07 NOA2 - I-129F "Notice Date"; May 12 NOA2 by mail

2008 May 15 NVC receives I-129F

2008 May 28 Ten calls Manila, gets interview date

2008 Jun 11 Confirmed flights for July 11

2008 Jun 24 Interview

2008 Jun 26 Embassy Request sent to NSO

2008 Jul 10 Cancelled airline tickets

2008 Jul 07 Email to Embassy asking for haste

--- Time Flies ---

2008 Oct 27 Fax to Wm W Lesh, Chief, Immigrant Visa Section requesting no further delay

2008 Oct 30 K-1 Visa Issued

2008 Nov 21 Ten and kids arrive in LA

2008 Nov 22 Attend funeral of my brother in KC then fly to LA. Finally reunited with Ten!

2008 Nov 23 DJ+Ten+Kids arrive in KC

2009 Jan 18 DJ+Ten Married in KC

2009 Mar 09 Apply for AOS

2009 May 12 EAD Issued

2009 May 27 SS Card Issued (Less than 1 week from application!!!)

2009 Jul 08 AOS Interview: APPROVED :) :) :) :) ;) Stamps placed in the Passports.

im sorry abt that..

just an advice dnt rely on what people from NSO or delbros will tell you..

we've seen and heard things abt their inconsistencies..

and people here in philippine forum can attest to that..

try not to worry abt it much and pray..

you'll be fine.. :yes:

hope you get your visa soonie.. :dance:

goodluck and godbless..

Edited by envy_me

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.