one...two...tree

Palin facing new accusations as US campaign grows negative

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Come on, the media is in love with Obama. They ripped Hillary at every opportunity and they are doing the same to McCain and Palin. Palin obviously wasn't chosen for her experience. Neither was Obama. She was chosen to do what is happening here. Create a stir. Get people to pay attention to McCain. Freshen his campaign and the Republican's chances. This election is the Democrat's to lose. After 8 years of Bush, I find it hard to believe a Republican has a chance to win. So, McCain rolled the dice. So far it is working, will it be enough in November, we'll find out. If Powell was willing to run, that would have probably been the Republican's best ticket. That was never going to happen, so they had to think outside the box.

If anything, Palin has gotten people interested in the election again, for better or worse. She is actually like one of us. A person with a family all the issues that go with it. There are going to be a lot of voters that like it. For some odd reason, she has brought fear into the Obama campaign and his supporters. Remember when Ross Perot ran, and he picked the ex POW James Stockdale to be his running mate? Why wasn't he ripped apart in the media? Because Perot had no chance of winning the election and he didn't pose a threat. Palin is a threat in that she may actually increase McCain's chances of winning. The Obama worshipping media is having a feeding frezy to tear her apart. Why? Because she may actually turn this into a race.

Hmmm... I certainly wouldn't confuse how the McCain campaign has presented and promoted Palin with the woman's actual record. She's no more "one of us" than any of the rest of them are. And certainly from what I've been reading I have some doubts about how her religious beliefs might inform public policy.

If nothing else - Palin is getting hauled over the coals because she was a rank outsider in the Republican party. If she was an established party figure, there wouldn't be much novelty to play off.

Still - it can't be denied that things like cronyism have at least some relevance to ethics and should be subject to some scrutiny; whether it be by the media or otherwise.

Sarah Bush Palin - believes in cronyism as much as W? I must say that I am shocked.

I love food. Maybe she'd appoint me to the FDA. :rofl:

I like money. Perhaps I have a good shot to run the treasury. :rofl:

LOL...I love to travel so I claim the Secretary of Transportation job! :thumbs:

panama17xu.gif texas19sn.gif

pequen4io.jpg

Married January 18, 2006

08 JUN 2006.....AP document recieved :)

09 JUN 2006.....regular EAD approval

14 JUN 2006.....regular EAD recieved in mail

22 JUL 2006......AOS and EAD (?) touched...moving along maybe? :)

21 AUG 2006....Recieved interview letter!

26 SEP 2006.....INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 SEP 2006.....APPROVED WITH FLYING COLORS!

05 OCT 2006....Welcome letter recieved

11 OCT 2006....THE CARD ARRIVES!!!!!!!!!!

15 SEP 2008.....Sent for removal of conditions

24 SEP 2008.....NOA for removal of conditions

10 MAR 2009....Transferred from VSC to CSC

22 MAY 2009.....REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS APPROVED!!!!!! :) Citizenship here we come!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Sarah Bush Palin - believes in cronyism as much as W? I must say that I am shocked.

i got dibs on atf!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

LOL...I love to travel so I claim the Secretary of Transportation job! :thumbs:

No, no, no. If you like to travel, that would make you the perfect candidate for the Secretary of State position. You know you'd get to travel a lot in that role. :D

How about this....just go back in time, so to speak, before Palin was announced.

Now, make a list of the highest qualified females.

How can this be? Palin's name isn't on the list?

Well, maybe I should say a list of twenty and I don't believe for a second that she would be close to the 21st choice!

Quite frankly, McCain opened Pandora's box with his choice--so many unknowns for what little positives she brings with her.