djacob7

Denial of K-1 visa revisited

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

A few days ago I posted a plea for help on this forum for our K-1 visa denial.

The letter of denial to my fiance said:"Your relationship with the petitioner does not satisfy the legal requirements for immigration benefits."

An additional remark said:"The impending marriage between the Petitioner and the Beneficiary is for immigration purposes only."

A third statement said:"Your visa petition is being returned to the USCIS through the National Visa Center for proper disposition. Further inquiries should be directed to the USCIS office that processed your petition."

An additional notice to my fiance said:"Please come to the Embassy for a personal explanation of your ineligibility for the visa classification on OCT-2 2008 at 1:30 p.m. Present this letter at the Immigrant Visa Ticket Booth."

I (the petitioner) have 33 days from the issuance of the letter of denial (Aug 29 2008) to appeal the denial.

I have no idea how to go about that.

There is nothing in the letter suggesting how and where to appeal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Filed: Timeline

u will have to appeal to uscis in the us as your case will be referred back to the us. All u really have to to is send them a letter indicating that u are appealing their decision and send it to USCIS. Then u have a record of denial. At this point you really should hire an attorney for some legal advise.

Sorry and good luck

roland

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The letter of denial to my fiance said:"Your relationship with the petitioner does not satisfy the legal requirements for immigration benefits."

An additional remark said:"The impending marriage between the Petitioner and the Beneficiary is for immigration purposes only."

A third statement said:"Your visa petition is being returned to the USCIS through the National Visa Center for proper disposition. Further inquiries should be directed to the USCIS office that processed your petition."

An additional notice to my fiance said:"Please come to the Embassy for a personal explanation of your ineligibility for the visa classification on OCT-2 2008 at 1:30 p.m. Present this letter at the Immigrant Visa Ticket Booth."

I (the petitioner) have 33 days from the issuance of the letter of denial (Aug 29 2008) to appeal the denial.

It would have been easier if you had responded within the original thread or at least in the K1 forum instead of the K3 forum, so we didn't have to go searching for your other thread to see what you've already said and been told.

Usually people in your situation have a clue as to the problem. My first guess is that your fiance, you or both of you aren't legally free to marry. The way you appeal the case is to hire an attorney in Manila to represent you at the Consulate.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Why don't you just move over to PI and live there.

You can buy or build a nice house for $10,000.

And if you have about $1,000 per month you can live like a King over there.

Earn you money in the USA, and go over there and enjoy a lifestyle you can't have in USA.

If I was in your shoes, I would be living in PI. My plan is to be living full time in PI in a few years.

Good Luck....

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ooooh, they think you're doing this for a green card, not for love. You better prove this is love.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Get the help of an attorney. There are a few attorneys who charge between $70-100 to give a quick guidance regarding what step you need to take, if you're satisfied with the attorney's guidance you can hire him for the entire appeal process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.