Captain Ewok

Many thanks to Lal

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Lal (a long standing member and moderator here). They have been a pillar of support for VJ as part of the moderating team and I want to thank them for all their help :). In June Lal let the rest of the moderators know that due to other obligations and just personal reasons that they would not have the time to fully devote to moderating at VJ as in the past. They were however able to stick around and help us get Jenn (a new addition to the moderating team) up to speed :). Many thanks for that! Honestly I may be guilty of secretly keeping them around as long as possible however I finally did promise to relinquish them back to their family ;). They have again rejoined the community and although they are no longer moderating I wanted to let everyone know how much they have helped the site and are certainly well thought of by myself and I am sure the entire community :).

-Ewok

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline
I just wanted to take a moment to thank Lal (a long standing member and moderator here). They have been a pillar of support for VJ as part of the moderating team and I want to thank them for all their help :). In June Lal let the rest of the moderators know that due to other obligations and just personal reasons that they would not have the time to fully devote to moderating at VJ as in the past. They were however able to stick around and help us get Jenn (a new addition to the moderating team) up to speed :). Many thanks for that! Honestly I may be guilty of secretly keeping them around as long as possible however I finally did promise to relinquish them back to their family ;). They have again rejoined the community and although they are no longer moderating I wanted to let everyone know how much they have helped the site and are certainly well thought of by myself and I am sure the entire community :).

-Ewok

is that the real reason or did she step on your friends toes and u didnt like it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
:P She actually let us know a while ago that she was unable to continue being a mod. With Jenn fully in place the time was right and she let me know last week which day to revert her account. I updated it shortly after. As for a recent moderation issue. I actually agree in principle with her decision (fair warning to the member involved) however I am a stickler for the TOS and some procedures I have in place. For the time being I undid the moderation event until I can consider the entire picture. I want to follow some internal steps and document officially things as well as consult the mod team. That said... I am currently discussing the issue and the relevant TOS with the moderation team and we will go from there. To be fair I want to get a team decision. As for the actual moderation event and member involved, out of courtesy I will not mention their name here as it is a moderation issue.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Timeline
:P She actually let us know a while ago that she was unable to continue being a mod. With Jenn fully in place the time was right and she let me know last week which day to revert her account. I updated it shortly after. As for a recent moderation issue. I actually agree in principle with her decision (fair warning to the member involved) however I am a stickler for the TOS and some procedures I have in place. For the time being I undid the moderation event until I can consider the entire picture. I want to follow some internal steps and document officially things as well as consult the mod team. That said... I am currently discussing the issue and the relevant TOS with the moderation team and we will go from there. To be fair I want to get a team decision. As for the actual moderation event and member involved, out of courtesy I will not mention their name here as it is a moderation issue.

Would it be ghey for me to pick up and cuddle an Ewok for that statement?

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
:thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Happy Non-Modding to you LaL! I'll miss getting suspended by you. Repeatedly. LOL!

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Good Grief, she isn't dead!

Song Facts:

This became famous when it was used on the Soap Opera General Hospital as the love theme for the characters Luke and Laura, who were arguably the most well known of all Soap Opera couples. Their 1981 wedding was the highest rated episode in American Soap Opera history.

Cross did not write this for the show. Laura was the best friend of a lady he was dating at the time in the early '80s. She was killed by a stray bullet while driving in a car one night, and Cross wrote this for her. About a year after the song was released on Another Page, General Hospital requested permission to use the song on their show, and it became a hit.

Edited by PlatyPius

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Song Facts:

This became famous when it was used on the Soap Opera General Hospital as the love theme for the characters Luke and Laura, who were arguably the most well known of all Soap Opera couples. Their 1981 wedding was the highest rated episode in American Soap Opera history.

Cross did not write this for the show. Laura was the best friend of a lady he was dating at the time in the early '80s. She was killed by a stray bullet while driving in a car one night, and Cross wrote this for her. About a year after the song was released on Another Page, General Hospital requested permission to use the song on their show, and it became a hit.

Wow...I didn't know the true story behind it. :( It's really a beautiful song. Sorry...I didn't mean to suggest Laura has left us...just thought of it as a tribute to her. :)

Edited by Jabberwocky

Would it be ghey for me to pick up and cuddle an Ewok for that statement?

:lol: nah showing a lil man love is ok....just don't try to kiss'em.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Song Facts:

Wow...I didn't know the true story behind it. :( It's really a beautiful song. Sorry...I didn't mean to suggest Laura has left us...just thought of it as a tribute to her. :)

Oh, I agree it's a great song (and I've leaked a few platy tears while listening to it), and I guessed you probably didn't know the story behind it. See my topic about this whole thing over at Expats. I meant my reply above in more of a joking manner.

Thanks my fluffy little friend (that's to ewok - not you platy). I appreciate the support your have given the mod team this past year and a half! I was happy to help where I could. I appreciate ya letting me get back to my family :P Thanks for the vid Steven :lol: .

(lol @ platy knowing General Hospital history)