Ric Altman

K1 denied-where to from here?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Ok i met my fiancee the first time when she wasn't divorced yet .

i met her the first time in Aug and she got divorced in Nov of 2006 and then i met her the second time in april of 2007 .

she was married to a guy from Egypt and I'm Egyptian to . do you think they will deny me to ?!!!! :help:

Please start your own thread up on this. Maybe in the MENA section where they might know more about the Embassy in Egypt. No one is going to be responding to you hear about this, because it doesn't related to the original poster's question.

Post your question here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=97

Or just start a new thread here, as the question is not Egypt specific.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Ric, please keep us all here at Visa Journey up to date on the status of this problem. My girl and I filed K1 and I was still legally married when we met but we filed after my divorce. I can't help but feel that she and I may face a similar problem when she goes to the embassy for her interview. We have looked at our paperwork and we can see no reason for denial but based on your experience, and all of the comments and links, I am not so confident that she will be issued a Visa without problems. If it should happen, your experience may help us and many others that are trying to get their loved ones here. Thank you for sharing your experience, I'm sorry this has happened to you but fight it, deal with it, do whatever you have to to get your fiance here. It will be worth it, I'm sure.

Mike and Uday

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Ric, please keep us all here at Visa Journey up to date on the status of this problem.
I will. I hope to get a specific explanation with the help of a Chinese attorney, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. I may have to wait until the file gets back to the US.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ric, please keep us all here at Visa Journey up to date on the status of this problem. My girl and I filed K1 and I was still legally married when we met but we filed after my divorce. I can't help but feel that she and I may face a similar problem when she goes to the embassy for her interview. We have looked at our paperwork and we can see no reason for denial but based on your experience, and all of the comments and links, I am not so confident that she will be issued a Visa without problems. If it should happen, your experience may help us and many others that are trying to get their loved ones here. Thank you for sharing your experience, I'm sorry this has happened to you but fight it, deal with it, do whatever you have to to get your fiance here. It will be worth it, I'm sure.

Mike and Uday

Another girl with the same situation

check this

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.