Bulanglang

Applied I-751 on a waiver

10 posts in this topic

:dance: Yohooooo CSC is moving really fast!! I just received my biometrics appoint - hopefully my son's NOA2 too will come soon by next week!!!

To all of you who are waiting -- just don't loose hope - your's is coming soon!!! CSC is really doing a great job! :thumbs:

Keep you all posted!

Applied on a Waiver I-751:

• Application sent ............................................08-20-2008
  • Application received by CSC............................. 08-21-2008
  • Checks cashed by CSC.....................................08-25-2008
  • NOA1 - 1 year extension..................................08-26-2008
  • Verification letter of inclusion (son) I-751.........08-27-2008
  • NOA2 - Biometrics appoinment.........................09-26-2008
  • Son received NOA1 and biometrics appointment..09-17-2008
  • Son's biometrics...............................................09-27-2008
  • Card production is ordered................................01-26-2009

Waiting is OVER! On to Citizenship Journey!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:dance: Yohooooo CSC is moving really fast!! I just received my biometrics appoint - hopefully my son's NOA2 too will come soon by next week!!!

To all of you who are waiting -- just don't loose hope - your's is coming soon!!! CSC is really doing a great job! :thumbs:

Keep you all posted!

Hi i was reading ur status and i was wondering if u can help me with some advice , i filed for divorce in june and my 2 years green card will expire in March , i dont know if i can file by my self or hire immigration lawyer ? i seen u filed for waiver , i need somebody give me more information about the people who filed and they are divorced thanks , i appreciate that .

Hi iam new in this website , i need some information and help , my green card will expire in March and i want to Remove condition , and iam getting divorce from my wife , i filed for divorce and iam still waiting for the court date i was wondering if i can file by my self or hire immigration attorney to take my case ? i need help guys i apreciate that ,

Hi iam new in this website , i need some information and help , my green card will expire in March and i want to Remove condition , and iam getting divorce from my wife , i filed for divorce and iam still waiting for the court date i was wondering if i can file by my self or hire immigration attorney to take my case ? i need help guys i apreciate that ,

Keep you all posted!

Hi i was reading ur status and i was wondering if u can help me with some advice , i filed for divorce in june and my 2 years green card will expire in March , i dont know if i can file by my self or hire immigration lawyer ? i seen u filed for waiver , i need somebody give me more information about the people who filed and they are divorced thanks , i appreciate that .

Try reading and/or check out GUIDES on this forum. Also read the instruction of I-751carefully. Yes, you can apply to remove condition of your PR through a waiver. I suggest that you apply as soon as you get your divorce paper. I did not hire an immigration lawyer for I can not afford. I just do it by myself but with a lot of reading from this forum, ask questions, try reading also USCIS website - lots of information you'll find there too, and just a lot of research on what I could do.

Under GUIDES on this forum on the right side below you'll find a section says: Effects on change of status of family. There's a FAQ section there regarding divorce and other situation.

I hope I help you in any way I can.

Timeline

Keep you all posted!

Try reading and/or check out GUIDES on this forum. Also read the instruction of I-751carefully. Yes, you can apply to remove condition of your PR through a waiver. I suggest that you apply as soon as you get your divorce paper. I did not hire an immigration lawyer for I can not afford. I just do it by myself but with a lot of reading from this forum, ask questions, try reading also USCIS website - lots of information you'll find there too, and just a lot of research on what I could do.

Under GUIDES on this forum on the right side below you'll find a section says: Effects on change of status of family. There's a FAQ section there regarding divorce and other situation.

Hi thank you for your response I appreciate that! I have a couple of questions. I have a loan and a vehicle together with my wife. She always drives the vehicle and I pay half of the loan because both of our names are on the loan. I do not want the vehicle after the divorce. We had a house together and she has the house loan under her name only because I couldn't get a loan in the U.S. because I wasn't working yet and I had to work a year and I didn't have any credit yet. Is she responsible for the loan for the house because the loan is not in my name only in her name? Is this enough evidence when I apply for my 10 year green card? Thank you very much!

Keep you all posted!

Hi thank you for your response I appreciate that! I have a couple of questions. I have a loan and a vehicle together with my wife. She always drives the vehicle and I pay half of the loan because both of our names are on the loan. I do not want the vehicle after the divorce. We had a house together and she has the house loan under her name only because I couldn't get a loan in the U.S. because I wasn't working yet and I had to work a year and I didn't have any credit yet. Is she responsible for the loan for the house because the loan is not in my name only in her name? Is this enough evidence when I apply for my 10 year green card? Thank you very much!

As to your questions regarding the loans, that is between you and your wife to agree with what do you want to do with it and how are you going to settle the loans. I think, these kind of things are discussed in the dissolution of marriage that you are going to agree with. As to the evidence that you need to show for your application - to have the car loan under both your names - and same address, I think is enough. What I mean to say, you don't have to go over who pay the loan and who own's it - to have the loans under both your names and same address - is one of the evidences that indeed you both live together and have co-mingle finances. Gather more evidences you need and as much as you could - that shows you did come over here in states with a bonafide marriage (e.i. co-mingle finances where both your names are on it like the car loan; house loan if both of your names are on it; anything that both of your names, you and your wife name are on it)

Timeline

Keep you all posted!

As to your questions regarding the loans, that is between you and your wife to agree with what do you want to do with it and how are you going to settle the loans. I think, these kind of things are discussed in the dissolution of marriage that you are going to agree with. As to the evidence that you need to show for your application - to have the car loan under both your names - and same address, I think is enough. What I mean to say, you don't have to go over who pay the loan and who own's it - to have the loans under both your names and same address - is one of the evidences that indeed you both live together and have co-mingle finances. Gather more evidences you need and as much as you could - that shows you did come over here in states with a bonafide marriage (e.i. co-mingle finances where both your names are on it like the car loan; house loan if both of your names are on it; anything that both of your names, you and your wife name are on it)

Hi thanks for ur help i apreciate that , I have question u had told me i have to file as soon as i get divorce , i was reading in the website it says u can file with 90 days perioud i cant file before ? i'm still waiting for my divorce now i hope i will get divorce by the end of september . thank u very much .

Keep you all posted!

Hi thanks for ur help i apreciate that , I have question u had told me i have to file as soon as i get divorce , i was reading in the website it says u can file with 90 days perioud i cant file before ? i'm still waiting for my divorce now i hope i will get divorce by the end of september . thank u very much .

If you read the instructions on I-751 on When you should file I-751, #2: filling on a waiver - you can file as soon as you

are granted with conditional resident status and before you are removed. I think, it is better to file your application as soon as you get your divorced. You say you are expecting your divorce this month? Then better apply on October and/or ealy next year.

Timeline

Keep you all posted!

If you read the instructions on I-751 on When you should file I-751, #2: filling on a waiver - you can file as soon as you

are granted with conditional resident status and before you are removed. I think, it is better to file your application as soon as you get your divorced. You say you are expecting your divorce this month? Then better apply on October and/or ealy next year.

Hi thank you for your suggestions. I am really not sure when the divorce will be final but after the divorce is final I will apply for my 10 year green card. My lawyer said I can't file for my 10 year green card until the divorce is over and I can apply in January. She said you cannot apply in October, November, or December I must file within 90 days before my green card expires. Thank you and have a great day!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Keep you all posted!

congratulations kabayan...it's a long way to go but you're almost there..i too had filed an I-751 waiver and got approved last year.be sure you have all copies and other stuff just in case you get an rfe. best of luck.

Edited by mooninlove

I-R5 at USCIS California Service Center

Consulate: Manila Philippines

5/19/09 Filed I-130 at Chicago Lockbox

5/22/09 USCIS rcvd I-130

6/01/09 Checks cashed

6/03/09 NOA1 rcvd for both parents

8/12/09 Email approval for Dad

8/17/09 Rcvd NOA2 for Dad

8/20/09 Rcvd RFE email for Mom

9/08/09 Email approval for Mom

9/12/09 Rcvd NOA2 for Mom

NVC

8/19/09 NVC rcvd dad's case

9/18/09 NVC rcvd mom's case

9/22/09 Emailed DS3032

9/28/09 Paid AOS/ I-864 fee of $70 for both

10/08/09 rcvd emails: DS3032 accepted

10/08/09 sent I-864

10/09/09 IV bill generated for both cases

10/10/09 Paid IV bill $800 for both

10/13/09 I-864 rcvd by NVC

10/15/09 DS230 mailed to NVC

10/16/09 I-864 accepted & entered into the system

10/19/09 DS230 rcvd by NVC

11/02/09 rcvd checklist emails

11/09/09 sent RFE to NVC via UPS

11/12/09 NVC received RFE

11/19/09 AVR: checklist response rcvd 11/18/09

11/28/09 Log-in failed for both

12/01/09 Case complete as of 11/30/09

12/14/09 rcvd emails of interview date

01/04-05/09 medical @ St.Lukes done

01/11/10 Interview @ USEmbassy Manila 6:30am

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.