• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Happy Caturday MENA and friends!

I'm on my BB or I would add pics too. Sorry. :P

HLM luv the caturday pics they are awesome. Thanks for the sweet post you lft on my wall. Big hugs! We will put up new pics tomorrow I think.

Miss C, S&S n Julianna hope you early morning is going well.

Zarqa insha'allah you'll be touched soon too! (F)

Amal my dear sweet BB sister, I'm praying for you guys. Wish you could have taken a trip to Phoenix! We have scorpions but our weather is great this week. :lol: plz stay safe. Call or message me when you can.

New York, New York by Frank Sinatra is playing in my head. I want a slice of pizza from Benny Tadinos right now in hoboken. *sigh*

You sneaked in when i was exercising. :P

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning everyone

have a happy blessed weekend all (F)

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
I did all that, but my husband refuses to send me his signed visa application so I can finish the NVC process. I told him over and over to sign and send it, but he wanted this refugee so he didn't do it. He would have already interviewed at the embassy by now if he had sent it when I asked. Nothing else I can do.

Well, the CR-1 can take some time but I don't see why he wouldn't want to pursue it just in case. Does the refugee give him a 10 yr permanent resident card right away?

No, he doesn't get the green card until he has been here a year with the refugee program. After one year he does the paperwork for the 10 year, but it is free for refugees to submit.

His reason for not wanting it is that he doesn't want to be a burden on me and feels that with refugee he can at least get some assistance when he first gets here. They will pay my rent the first month he is here and give him some money for a few months to help him get by. Its not much, but better than nothing. Also, he gets a sponsor that helps him get settled here and take care of things like ssn card, finding a job, learning his way around, etc. This would be a big help to me since I will have limited time with work and all.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline
No, he doesn't get the green card until he has been here a year with the refugee program. After one year he does the paperwork for the 10 year, but it is free for refugees to submit.

His reason for not wanting it is that he doesn't want to be a burden on me and feels that with refugee he can at least get some assistance when he first gets here. They will pay my rent the first month he is here and give him some money for a few months to help him get by. Its not much, but better than nothing. Also, he gets a sponsor that helps him get settled here and take care of things like ssn card, finding a job, learning his way around, etc. This would be a big help to me since I will have limited time with work and all.

OK. I remember you saying the burden part, but I figured there had to be an advantage to the refugee over the spouse route if he wanted it so badly.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

OK. I remember you saying the burden part, but I figured there had to be an advantage to the refugee over the spouse route if he wanted it so badly.

The one drawback to refugee is that he will have to wait until he has been here 5 years before he can apply for citizenship, but he says he doesn't care about that. He just wants to be with me. I think I am going to work on him getting me the paperwork because I really think we should do both. They may be going slow on his paperwork for refugee just because they know he has another way here. Who knows with them?

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline
The one drawback to refugee is that he will have to wait until he has been here 5 years before he can apply for citizenship, but he says he doesn't care about that. He just wants to be with me. I think I am going to work on him getting me the paperwork because I really think we should do both. They may be going slow on his paperwork for refugee just because they know he has another way here. Who knows with them?

Well, as long as one doesn't affect the other, then why not? Sounds like a better idea to me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Happy Saturday everyone :D !!!

2008-05-06 I-129F sent

2008-05-10 Delivered to NVC 3:12pm

2008-05-20 NOA1

2008-05-23 Touched

2008-06-26 Touched

2008-06-27 Touched

2008-09-07 NOA2

2008-09-11 Received at NVC

2008-09-12 Left NVC

2008-09-18 Consulate received

2008-09-25 Pkt3 Received

2008-09-28 Pkt3 Returned

2008-09-30 Pkt4 Received

2008-10-09 Interview

2008-10-13 Medical

2008-10-24 Visa Received

2008-10-30 Fying home to my Jonathan

happy caturday!

it's a busy week here, it feels almost like christmas. My nephew's bday is 9/10, my husband's bday is 9/15 as well as my niece, my daughter's bday is 9/17 and my son's bday is 9/18 and bday party on 9/20. It's a very expensive month for me.

wishing everybody a great saturday!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Morning!

Man its pouring here in Chicago! I managed to almost have a 4 day weekend this weekend, "mental health day" yesterday :whistle: and off today and Monday. Tomorrow I work but only 4 hours. I'm going to a program about Ramadan at a neighboring library. The woman presenting is a librarian from the burbs I met several years ago at a conference. She did a program on Islam at my library and now she's doing one on Ramadan at another near me so I'm attending that one as well :)

I hope Amal is safe - I saw the headlines about Ike on yahoo this morning :unsure:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Filed: Timeline
Happy Caturday MENA and friends!

I'm on my BB or I would add pics too. Sorry. :P

HLM luv the caturday pics they are awesome. Thanks for the sweet post you lft on my wall. Big hugs! We will put up new pics tomorrow I think.

Miss C, S&S n Julianna hope you early morning is going well.

Zarqa insha'allah you'll be touched soon too! (F)

Amal my dear sweet BB sister, I'm praying for you guys. Wish you could have taken a trip to Phoenix! We have scorpions but our weather is great this week. :lol: plz stay safe. Call or message me when you can.

New York, New York by Frank Sinatra is playing in my head. I want a slice of pizza from Benny Tadinos right now in hoboken. *sigh*

You sneaked in when i was exercising. :P

Hehe! Btwn a bottle n diaper change. I'm back up again. I feel like Zain never sleeps. :wacko:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
:ot: I really don't like the "new" Facebook :angry:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Happy Saturday everyone!!! Praying for Amal and anyone else in this storms path!!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning all.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.