Ike affecting MENA members

106 posts in this topic

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
any word out of our other houston members? mbp, and vp i thought was around houston also.

isnt natty down there also, or was he already on his trip

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ike is here :) The building next door just had it's face ripped off in one part and I am thinking about locking the doors here to keep them from opening so much. Lots of rain!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
Ike is here :) The building next door just had it's face ripped off in one part and I am thinking about locking the doors here to keep them from opening so much. Lots of rain!

Nothing here, I am just a little too far east of Ike. All we get are clouds, but no rain. I hope everyone in the path stays safe and their homes are saved.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

Nothing here, I am just a little too far east of Ike. All we get are clouds, but no rain. I hope everyone in the path stays safe and their homes are saved.

Are you guys even going to get any rain?

Timeline

We have a chance of rain and thunderstorms today (Sunday), but nothing for the next couple days after that.

Timeline

We have a chance of rain and thunderstorms today (Sunday), but nothing for the next couple days after that.

Have you guys been in a drought?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Amal Update:

I just talked to Amal and she said all is ok. Still no electric, she don't know when they will have any and its hot. But she charges her phone on her car charger and sits in the air for a bit. So hopefully soon they will have electric, she said it could be an hour to a month. They have no idea. But she said thank you to everyone and they are safe.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Amal Update:

I just talked to Amal and she said all is ok. Still no electric, she don't know when they will have any and its hot. But she charges her phone on her car charger and sits in the air for a bit. So hopefully soon they will have electric, she said it could be an hour to a month. They have no idea. But she said thank you to everyone and they are safe.

i sure hope electric comes back soon, i can't imagine being w/o electric. i go nuts when it's only 5 minutes.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

every1 forgpt about us... thank god just 10 minute ago we got electricity now I can see whats going on...my husband got here safe too

I was wondering if he got here safely. I was so worried! I'm glad you got ur electric back too coz maaaan its hot down here.

I'm writing from one of my friends' houses (she's one of the pharmacists that I work under at my pharmacy) We were tired of eating canned beef/chicken/turkey, and crackers. It got so hot that we were sitting in pools of sweat NOT EVEN MOVING!!! If we laid down, the part of our bodies that was touching anything was drinched within 2 minutes! We just couldn't take it anymore. Still have no power at the apartment and the water pressure is like the pressure in Jordan lol (basically nonexistant hehehe) We did manage to take showers so that felt great! We will only be staying here at my friends house for tonight and then its back home.

Apparently the only thing causing the power outage is a transformer slipped outta place. around 300 ppl are without electricity in our complex and 3 out of 30 units are completely powerless. It would only take about 5 minutes to fix but the govt mandated that the electric companies go to the areas that are the most heavily populated with the most outages first! That means it could very well be in to next week before we have anyone out to fix us!

There are trees uprooted, electric poles/street light poles down (or leaning wayyy over). None of the stop lights are working properly so 8 lane highways are very interesting as 4 way intersections... :wacko: There are demolished sign remains all over the place along with shingles, drain pipes, etc etc.

(by the way, the green car in the parking lot is my husbands mustang :D )

I am going to attempt to work tomorrow for a while so we'll see how that goes.

VP is doing fine. They lost power for a few hours but that was it. MBP is MIA and I'm worried but my phone isn't connecting well with anybody so it's a stroke of luck if I actually make contact at all!

How's noura? I know they got bad stuff in her area also so I've been praying that they didn't lose their electricity again! I really hope they get us up and running very soon coz if I have to eat 1 more can of spam....I'm gonna hurl! lmao!!!!!

Take care everyone! Thanks for the well wishes and I'll try to come back and update you more if I get to be near internet again lol.

:luv: amal :luv:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think I will take the chances of earthquakes to tornados and hurricanes I lived in Texas in the 80's . storms are so bad. I hope Inshallah all is well with those members effected by this.

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Timeline
every1 forgpt about us... thank god just 10 minute ago we got electricity now I can see whats going on...my husband got here safe too

I was wondering if he got here safely. I was so worried! I'm glad you got ur electric back too coz maaaan its hot down here.

I'm writing from one of my friends' houses (she's one of the pharmacists that I work under at my pharmacy) We were tired of eating canned beef/chicken/turkey, and crackers. It got so hot that we were sitting in pools of sweat NOT EVEN MOVING!!! If we laid down, the part of our bodies that was touching anything was drinched within 2 minutes! We just couldn't take it anymore. Still have no power at the apartment and the water pressure is like the pressure in Jordan lol (basically nonexistant hehehe) We did manage to take showers so that felt great! We will only be staying here at my friends house for tonight and then its back home.

Apparently the only thing causing the power outage is a transformer slipped outta place. around 300 ppl are without electricity in our complex and 3 out of 30 units are completely powerless. It would only take about 5 minutes to fix but the govt mandated that the electric companies go to the areas that are the most heavily populated with the most outages first! That means it could very well be in to next week before we have anyone out to fix us!

There are trees uprooted, electric poles/street light poles down (or leaning wayyy over). None of the stop lights are working properly so 8 lane highways are very interesting as 4 way intersections... :wacko: There are demolished sign remains all over the place along with shingles, drain pipes, etc etc.

(by the way, the green car in the parking lot is my husbands mustang :D )

I am going to attempt to work tomorrow for a while so we'll see how that goes.

VP is doing fine. They lost power for a few hours but that was it. MBP is MIA and I'm worried but my phone isn't connecting well with anybody so it's a stroke of luck if I actually make contact at all!

How's noura? I know they got bad stuff in her area also so I've been praying that they didn't lose their electricity again! I really hope they get us up and running very soon coz if I have to eat 1 more can of spam....I'm gonna hurl! lmao!!!!!

Take care everyone! Thanks for the well wishes and I'll try to come back and update you more if I get to be near internet again lol.

:luv: amal :luv:

I am glad you are doing fine. Thanks for coming to update us. Sorry about the electricity. That really sounds bad with the heat. Inshallah they will get you back up and running soon! Take care and I hope you get something more decent to eat soon. I hate spam so I can't imagine how you are doing it!

Glad you all got electricity and that your husband is safe. Take care and I hope conditions there improve soon.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

we experienec ike's wrath here in ohio yesterday. it was hot and humid with strong winds. i was without power for about 4 hours. my daughter called me on her way to work and said all of warren was out and trees were down on the road she takes to work and a power line also.

im glad i took a vacation day and didnt go out in that mess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.