~Jackie~

Ike affecting MENA members

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
how about a more recent map! :ranting:

AL0908W.gif

Sweet! Do you see how it passes right over me?

and the map does update too, cool! :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey now that is getting closer to me! Ya'll keep your hurricanes and I will keep my tornadoes and snow. :)

I am so worried about amal. I heard on the news that they could be without power for a few weeks :(

Edited by just_Jackie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
So far my family is ok in Houston, no power and trees all over the place. My step dad being a police officer is out working, im sure he'll be busy. I have family in Beaumont and Lake Charles, not sure how they are doing yet. I heard that my aunt in Lake Charles has flooding, but dont know how bad yet.
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Hello Guys!

Amal sent me some pics for you guys to see her area. She doing okay and we are in contact via our trusty Blackberries...:)

Here you go:

IMG00070.jpg

IMG00071.jpg

IMG00076.jpg

IMG00078.jpg

IMG00079.jpg

IMG00080.jpg

IMG00081.jpg

IMG00082.jpg

Love ya Amal and you can see by the posts everyone is thinking about you guys in Ike's path! (F)

Edited by Nawal

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
So far my family is ok in Houston, no power and trees all over the place. My step dad being a police officer is out working, im sure he'll be busy. I have family in Beaumont and Lake Charles, not sure how they are doing yet. I heard that my aunt in Lake Charles has flooding, but dont know how bad yet.

Have you had any updates on your family, this storm is a nasty one, my heart goes out to all of them. Amal, if you get a chance to read this, I feel ya, sleeping without your A/C and fans, I too am the same way, it almost seems like the after storm party is worst of all of them, searching for ice, batteries, and listening to the radio like in the 30's, the radio and cell phone are your buddies, but when I went through Ivan we lost a lot of cell phones, so that can suck. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all the people who are going though this hurricane.

1038341p3xduhs0ci.gif

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Hi everyone:

Amal sent me a message saying thank you all so much for your prayers! She is getting your voicemails but for some reason the phone is not ringing. She is not ignoring you guys. I'm about the only one able to get her messages! Go figure. But thank god!

She will keep us updated as she can. again, thank you guys so much for your care and prayers! (F)

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I hope everyone stays safe and ok down there! I just tried to call one of my buddies down there, but like 4 million other people, she probably out of power:(

Anyone see the pic on cnn this morning with the guy holding onto a pole and the wind lifted the guy 180 degrees and the guy was clinging to the pole so he would not blow away? Scarey stuff....

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
In which state r u?

AR. My parents are in IN. You shouldn't be too worried about your husband, when a huricane goes up as far as me or your husband, it becomes a storm.. there will be lots of rain and possibly some tornadoes, but it will not stay a hurricane. Maps are pretty deceptive... have you ever been to the USA before? The distance between that landfall of the hurricane in TX and Indianapolis, IN is about 1640km and that curve it is making is going to add distance. Things are actually pretty far apart. It will be OK :)

No i have never been to the states before. My husband started mentioning the heavy rain but he never said anything else or showed any concern. Thank you so much for reassuring me :star:

Alhamdulillah Amal is ok!! Thank you so much Nawal for the updates :star::thumbs:

Edited by HisLittleMasriyah
lyrics.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I hope everyone stays safe and ok down there! I just tried to call one of my buddies down there, but like 4 million other people, she probably out of power:(

Anyone see the pic on cnn this morning with the guy holding onto a pole and the wind lifted the guy 180 degrees and the guy was clinging to the pole so he would not blow away? Scarey stuff....

I saw the picture on CNN where the guy was PUSHING himself up perpendicular to the pole... he was doing that himself.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

oh is that what it was? lol

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

any word out of our other houston members? mbp, and vp i thought was around houston also.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.