~Jackie~

Ike affecting MENA members

106 posts in this topic

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houstons cable is officially out. no more tv for me. I have wind up radioflashlights that don't require batteries so i know have the radio to keep me company. tra la la la ...

The wind is picking up now and we're starting to see a little bit more rain. it is steadily progressing at a slow pace. i really hope we don't lose power coz honestly i'll go nuts if i have to sleep and sweat all at the same time. I am that crazy person who sleeps thru the coldest winter days with a fan on me at all times. I'm still here as of now but who knows when we'll lose power.

and thank you very much for your prayers. I hope that god hears them and keeps us safe ensha'allah. jackie, i love ya girl

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Amal, I hope you and your family stay safe! My grandparents live in Dayton, right outside of the Houston area in the country part and now their power is out. My mom is about 10 minutes away from them in Dayton too and she has power for now and is taking care of my great grandmother. She said she is abit worried about one pecan tree in the back yard with alot of branches and that the wind is picking up and gusty and its raining. How can I sleep knowing all of this? ! My aunt in Lake Charles La is out of power too now. (F) Hope everyone makes it through all of this! (F)
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

you were right jax. i was taking a nap while we still have ac and the storm isn't horrible. I heard a transformer blow in the distance. the wind is up to 60 mph now (they said) and its starting to howl. vp is not far away from me and they're still doing ok too.

anyone heard from MBP??? I'm hoping she's ok ensha'allah!!!

here's a link to a live abc news broadcast that I'm currently watching due to loss of tv. its continuous ike coverage :)

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
In which state r u?

AR. My parents are in IN. You shouldn't be too worried about your husband, when a huricane goes up as far as me or your husband, it becomes a storm.. there will be lots of rain and possibly some tornadoes, but it will not stay a hurricane. Maps are pretty deceptive... have you ever been to the USA before? The distance between that landfall of the hurricane in TX and Indianapolis, IN is about 1640km and that curve it is making is going to add distance. Things are actually pretty far apart. It will be OK :)

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

wow almost a million residents without power now

Interview-December 2005

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Amal gave me an early morning ring to let me know everyone is ok and wanted me to let all her MENA buddies know too. :star: They lost electricity and she's keeping her fingers crossed that her phone will last a while. I could hear the wind while I was talking to her......sounded crazy!

Stay safe girl!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

thanks for giving us an update!!! will be looking forward to other updates as they come

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.