briscokid

Shame on U.s. embassy in manila

60 posts in this topic

yes.. :yes:

guys watch same movies too..

like what other peeps said, the seminar is not to discourage women/men to marry foreigners..

it is to open the eyes of filipinos.. that it is not always a good fortune for everybody..

and also i would just like to react on the highlighted part..

with all due respect, i dnt think that's the point of marrying a foreigner..

we fall in love regardless of where that person is from and what that person has..

i mean i believe most of us here marry someone cos of LOVE..

not cos of money or any luxurious things on earth..

if you marry someone and u get to have the nicest things on earth then it is just a plus, IMO!

also, why would u get offended when your wife would bring phone numbers?? :blink:

i mean it is not a bad thing.. i dnt see why u would get offended..

of course it is for love !!, I'm just wondering since they pointed out the negative things, if they balanced it by pointing out the positive aspects. and I explained why I would get offended so if you don't understand I won't explain it again. besides do you have any idea what kind of things a foreign wife could do to a spouse here in america ? we don't sit around watching movies about the GC searching, gold digging, home wrecking, foreign spouses. yes, that happens too !!! we are all adults. and we should do our homework and learn who are SO is before we engage or marry. terrible things happen home and abroad, why don't they have these ceminars before locals marry each other ? if its so important and they care for the women so much, and they want to be a womens advocate. then why isn't it FREE ? wake up and smell the coffee. do the math. how many spouse/fiancee visa's a year for PI x the fee they charge. its always about money.

check the highlighted part on my reply above.. :whistle:

and as i have mentioned before..

they show those videos as proof that there are really unfortunate people..

who went to the US or abroad to marry and have a good life with their SO..

but then bad things happened.. like a girl who was used by her husband as an internet #######..

yes it is scary and uncomfortable to watch, as discussed they do it as a precautionary measure..

i was feeling weird when i heard abt that seminar too..

but then after goin to the seminar i was enlightened why they have to do it..

i think it is good that they have videos like that, informative.. IMO!

how did u know they just pointed negative things out?

were u able to attend the seminar?

they dint just pointed out or focused on negative things.. IMHO..

good thing you mentioned bad things that a foreign wife can do to her spouse in the US.. cos they discussed that too!

and fyi, we do have seminars for locals before marrying each other :yes: but cfo doesnt handle that..

cfo also gives seminars to filipino workers abroad not just to fiance/e or spouses, and that's PDOS..

and cfo dnt just care abt women and they're not tryin to be women's advocate..

it's just that most victims are women so most of their sample cases are abt women..

and hey it's 2008 and i think nothing's free anymore.. :lol:

Edited by envy_me

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS: ronjie i noticed you're under k3..

did u get married in the philippines?

if so dint u attend the pre-marriage seminar?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
My fiancé went to her seminar after passing the interview. We thought the seminar would tell you everything about the USA, and what to expect and how to count money or something Or about the weather or something educational and helpful. Instead they flooded her brain with discouraging stories and videos of the Filipinas that got treated bad. Stories, pics and vids of prostitution, beatings and death etc. Can you believe the embassy passed fiancé visa interviews and the couple have only known each other for a month or so.. This really pissed me off to know they do that during the seminar instead of making you feel comfortable. I mean the process is frustrating enough, and then they do that at the end of it to stress you out more. How sad is that. And you have to pay for it.

Shame on The U.S embassy in Manila

MY fiance arrived on my bday. sept 2 woohoooooo!

Never did a seminar overseas before flying to the USA.. I am glad I did my visa processing overseas not in the Philippines.. But it is also good to hear stories like that.. Situational awareness is not bad at all, it is scary but our awareness will increase on how to protect ourselves..

I just want to post this forum as an example of situational awareness http://www.dreamindemon.com/ and http://www.missingexploited.com/ , which just means that everywhere is dangerous.. Learn how to protect yourself..

Edited by Completely
jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

are you trying to start an arguement with me? coz if so I will ruin your day !!! no, I didn't attend the pre-marriage seminar. I know what your talking about, but I didn't attend it. the things I wrote are my opinion. so just let it go, and we will both have a better day !!!!

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

Timeline

are you trying to start an arguement with me? coz if so I will ruin your day !!! no, I didn't attend the pre-marriage seminar. I know what your talking about, but I didn't attend it. the things I wrote are my opinion. so just let it go, and we will both have a better day !!!!

Hi Ronjie,

Seminar is normal in the Philippines.. getting married, going to work overseas, marrying someone from the other countries..

These seminars are being done because some of my fellow filipinos did experience abuse and bad treatments from different countries, so our government is just there to guide us, but this does not mean to scare us but to increase our awareness and what to do when we come to the Foreign Land.. They sure did show the beauty of the country they are going to but of course, they have to show the negative side of it..

Before I went overseas to work in the Middle East (where women are dressed up with only eyes open), they briefed us how to take care of ourselves, what to do, and what should not..

I have never done CFO Seminar when I married my husband because our visa get processed in Middle East... But I think this seminar is just an awareness that maybe it could happen to any one of us....

Most K-1 Visa,whether what country they are from,.. (although they married for love Im sure), but majority of them just met once for how many days..... If you read some topics in Forum on Effect of Moving in the USA.. you will understand what I mean.. Someone told me before that you will not know the person until you two live together..

I am glad your wife found a nice husband like you.. I'm sure, that thinks about the good things you can give for your wife.. but all countries has bad apples and oranges..

If someone thinks the seminar in a positive way, this is just basically a situational awareness... Like when American goes overseas, when they came on board, during the inprocessing, my job is to brief them about country terrorism, a situational awareness in the Middle East not for them to be scared but for them to be aware of what is happening outside their country for their safety.. Some dont give a #######, because for them its a waste of time, but majority of people appreciate the briefing we always do to increase their level of awareness..

PEACE!

Timeline

Hi Ronjie,

Seminar is normal in the Philippines.. getting married, going to work overseas, marrying someone from the other countries..

These seminars are being done because some of my fellow filipinos did experience abuse and bad treatments from different countries, so our government is just there to guide us, but this does not mean to scare us but to increase our awareness and what to do when we come to the Foreign Land.. They sure did show the beauty of the country they are going to but of course, they have to show the negative side of it..

Before I went overseas to work in the Middle East (where women are dressed up with only eyes open), they briefed us how to take care of ourselves, what to do, and what should not..

I have never done CFO Seminar when I married my husband because our visa get processed in Middle East... But I think this seminar is just an awareness that maybe it could happen to any one of us....

Most K-1 Visa,whether what country they are from,.. (although they married for love Im sure), but majority of them just met once for how many days..... If you read some topics in Forum on Effect of Moving in the USA.. you will understand what I mean.. Someone told me before that you will not know the person until you two live together..

I am glad your wife found a nice husband like you.. I'm sure, that thinks about the good things you can give for your wife.. but all countries has bad apples and oranges..

If someone thinks the seminar in a positive way, this is just basically a situational awareness... Like when American goes overseas, when they came on board, during the inprocessing, my job is to brief them about country terrorism, a situational awareness in the Middle East not for them to be scared but for them to be aware of what is happening outside their country for their safety.. Some dont give a #######, because for them its a waste of time, but majority of people appreciate the briefing we always do to increase their level of awareness..

PEACE!

ok, I do understand what you say. and thank you for sharing your experience with me. have a great day....peace to you also..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wasnt able to watch those videos when i attended the seminar. I was 2 hours LATE.

My fiancé went to her seminar after passing the interview. We thought the seminar would tell you everything about the USA, and what to expect and how to count money or something Or about the weather or something educational and helpful. Instead they flooded her brain with discouraging stories and videos of the Filipinas that got treated bad. Stories, pics and vids of prostitution, beatings and death etc. Can you believe the embassy passed fiancé visa interviews and the couple have only known each other for a month or so.. This really pissed me off to know they do that during the seminar instead of making you feel comfortable. I mean the process is frustrating enough, and then they do that at the end of it to stress you out more. How sad is that. And you have to pay for it.

HubbyWife.jpg

Our Timeline:

Feb 19 2008 - sent I - 129 F application (California Service Center) K1 Application

Feb 22 2008 - CSC returned application re: check lost ( actually when he changed new envelope, the check was left in the old envelope :P)

Feb 23 2008 - re sent I 129 application

March 6 2008 - NOA1 by Postal Mail

July 23 2008 - Touched and Petition Approved / sent to NVC

Aug 19 & 20 - Medical Tests @ St Lukes Extension Clinic - PASSED!!!

Aug 26 - Visa Interview ..... PINK SLIP oh GOD thank you so much!

Sept 2 - VISA Packet Delivered !!!

Sept 26 - Cebu - Manila - (POE) San Francisco - St Paul/ Minneapolis, Minnesota

Nov 15 - Our Wedding Day!

-------------

AOS ...

they show those videos as proof that there are really unfortunate people..

who went to the US or abroad to marry and have a good life with their SO..

but then bad things happened.. like a girl who was used by her husband as an internet #######..

yes it is scary and uncomfortable to watch, as discussed they do it as a precautionary measure..

i was feeling weird when i heard abt that seminar too..

but then after goin to the seminar i was enlightened why they have to do it..

i think it is good that they have videos like that, informative.. IMO!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I agree with that..showing the worst thing that might happen to anyone rather than showing just the good things...atleast you do have ideas how to deal with it..who knows...and its nothing to do with US embassy..Philippine govt just trying to protect their people by giving them information what to do...

K-3 Visa

Marriage : 2007-02-26

I-130 Sent : 2007-07-05

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-07-13

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-08-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-18

I-130 Approval : 2007-12-03

Interview Date : 2008-04-10

Visa Received : 2008-04-15

US Entry : 2008-05-02

EAD Filed : 2008-10-16

NOA Date : 2007-10-20

Bio. Appt. : 2008-12-19

Approved Date : 2008-12-31

Date Card Received : 2009-01-05

EAD was approved in 76 days.

:lol:

what are you talking abt??

why are you being aggressive??

why do u think im arguing with you??

im just replying to your post based on what i know..

and dnt scare me with your "i will ruin your day" statement..

oh yeah im scared..?? :rofl: :rofl:

the things that i wrote are my opinion too..

like what completely said, seminar is a normal thing is the philippines..

that is why i asked u if u attended one before u got married..

cos with your post earlier, it seems that your not aware abt the pre-marriage seminar for locals..

well, now i know why you're not that aware abt it..

cos like what u said.. you didnt attend it.. :whistle:

so there.. thats my point.. cheers! ;)

Edited by envy_me

Timeline

cos with your post earlier, it seems that your not aware abt the pre-marriage seminar for locals..

MAYBE BEFORE THE USEM gives out the affidavit of eligibility to marry papers to the us spouse, they should have them attend a seminar and point out all the bad things about PI girls and scam marriages.., but that wouldn't be fair either since we know that is a very small percentage of the philippine girls. the point here is that yes there are bad people everywhere and we need to be aware of this. but being an adult I would assume you are smart enough to already understand that. and you would be careful before you marry someone. did your husband get a prenuptual before he married you to protect himself (just incase you are a gold digger) or did he enter the marriage with trust and faith. of course you want him to trust you and there should be no need for a prenuptual. and if you trust and love him there should be no need for the seminar. and yes in the US if a woman is abused there is many places where she can get help for FREE. and that would be a place to stay, money, lawyer services, etc. so its 2008, but there are still FREE services for abused women. and I would think that the response time would be relitively slow with some of the numbers the girls are given from the seminar. If someone is being abused in anyway they should immediately call 911 and report it. I'm sure that will be the fastest way to get help !! and of course I am aware of the pre-marriage seminar. which I did go to but did not have to complete and was excused from. so cheers to you sweetheart and have a great day !!!!

MAYBE BEFORE THE USEM gives out the affidavit of eligibility to marry papers to the us spouse, they should have them attend a seminar and point out all the bad things about PI girls and scam marriages.., but that wouldn't be fair either since we know that is a very small percentage of the philippine girls. the point here is that yes there are bad people everywhere and we need to be aware of this. but being an adult I would assume you are smart enough to already understand that. and you would be careful before you marry someone. did your husband get a prenuptual before he married you to protect himself (just incase you are a gold digger) or did he enter the marriage with trust and faith. of course you want him to trust you and there should be no need for a prenuptual. and if you trust and love him there should be no need for the seminar. and yes in the US if a woman is abused there is many places where she can get help for FREE. and that would be a place to stay, money, lawyer services, etc. so its 2008, but there are still FREE services for abused women. and I would think that the response time would be relitively slow with some of the numbers the girls are given from the seminar. If someone is being abused in anyway they should immediately call 911 and report it. I'm sure that will be the fastest way to get help !! and of course I am aware of the pre-marriage seminar. which I did go to but did not have to complete and was excused from. so cheers to you sweetheart and have a great day !!!!

that's a good idea i wonder why US govt doesnt do that.. :innocent:

well if my hubby asked for a prenuptial agreement before, i wouldnt care..

if that's what he wants then so be it.. im not after his money and properties..

besides i got money and i came from a very good family and not poor.. ;)

i got a degree in engineering at one of the finest school in manila..

which i believe i can use to get a nice job and earn for us..

anyways enough of that, we have free seminars like that on what you're talkin abt..

as what you've said "if the girl is abused", so like damage has been done..

so like for example, your wife was able to go to the US..

and you're a bad person who beats and abuses your wife (just in case ;))..

and your wife decides to go back to the philippines..

cfo can help and give her seminars and counselings for free.. ;)

but the thing is, again and again, the seminar here in this thread is a precautionary measure..

and dnt you worry cos if your wife attends the seminar later on..

they'll be teaching your wife to call 911 too.. :yes:

and they'll tell her too that it's the fastest way to get help.. just like what you're pointing here..

well the bottomline here is that.. like other countries, US is a foreign country for us..

and our govt requires people who are leaving the country this seminar to guide, enlighten and remind..

that danger is everywhere and it would be harder to be meet danger in a foreign country..

as ive mentioned govt requires this.. it's a requirement!!!!

cant leave the philippines without the sticker from the seminar!!! :devil::lol:

so no matter what we all think abt that seminar, no matter how we vent abt the process..

we gotta do, what we gotta do.. :yes:

have a great day to you too! ;)

Edited by envy_me

maybe everyone can just agree they disagree. ;)

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

maybe everyone can just agree they disagree. ;)

i agree..... with you.. :lol:

but in the end.. seminar is still a must.. :yes:

Timeline

Actually the seminar should be free since this are concerning to our people, but unfortunately we have to pay for everything as the budget of the government that pays salary to people is not enough to pay enough to their employees..

I am not sure but honestly, I ve been asking that questions when I came overseas, when I did PDOS for Overseas worker I had to pay the fee.. But this is not new to us....

PEACE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"My point of view & understanding on ronjie's post is to be FAIR..& im agree!!!CFO needs to show two side of the reality.bad/negative,good/positive of filipinos and americans.!!!!

God bless to all,

Irene

Prayer is the best to start a day...A day for us to have faith to face trials & value what life is....!!! have a nice day to everyone!!!!

LokaShadow04

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.