briscokid

Shame on U.s. embassy in manila

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

My fiancé went to her seminar after passing the interview. We thought the seminar would tell you everything about the USA, and what to expect and how to count money or something Or about the weather or something educational and helpful. Instead they flooded her brain with discouraging stories and videos of the Filipinas that got treated bad. Stories, pics and vids of prostitution, beatings and death etc. Can you believe the embassy passed fiancé visa interviews and the couple have only known each other for a month or so.. This really pissed me off to know they do that during the seminar instead of making you feel comfortable. I mean the process is frustrating enough, and then they do that at the end of it to stress you out more. How sad is that. And you have to pay for it.

Shame on The U.S embassy in Manila

MY fiance arrived on my bday. sept 2 woohoooooo!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fiancé went to her seminar after passing the interview. We thought the seminar would tell you everything about the USA, and what to expect and how to count money or something Or about the weather or something educational and helpful. Instead they flooded her brain with discouraging stories and videos of the Filipinas that got treated bad. Stories, pics and vids of prostitution, beatings and death etc. Can you believe the embassy passed fiancé visa interviews and the couple have only known each other for a month or so.. This really pissed me off to know they do that during the seminar instead of making you feel comfortable. I mean the process is frustrating enough, and then they do that at the end of it to stress you out more. How sad is that. And you have to pay for it.

it has nothing to do with the US Embassy. CFO is a Philippine Govt. Agency.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Commission on Filipinos Overseas

The Commission on Filipinos Overseas is an agency of the Philippine Government which was established on 16 June 1980 through the enactment of Batas Pambansa (Republic Act) 79 to promote and uphold the interests and well-being of Filipinos Overseas.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

YMMV

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If I remember it right or maybe they have new videos shown to the new seminar attendees, the sample video they've shown in our batch was a woman met a foreigner from Netherlands. They barely known each other for a month or so then filed for fiancee' visa and the woman flew to Netherlands then the abuse started....

Timeline

I couldn't agree more with you. what a bunch of bullsh-t. they know who's money is paying for this #######, airfare and hotels for some of the spouses/fiance's. and then when they get the visa, they have to go back to have it stamped.

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

wahaha

its cfo

and its not to discourage but to inform...

though honestly when i attended that seminar last june i didnt even bother watching the videos....

27. What other people think of you is none of your business.

Newton's third law of motion "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

U.S. citizens are the ones thst conducted the seminar along with filipino help

even if that was true, what would CFO hiring US Citizens have to do with the US embassy?

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

and that makes it associated with the USEM how?

YMMV

they show those videos as proof that there are really unfortunate people..

who went to the US or abroad to marry and have a good life with their SO..

but then bad things happened.. like a girl who was used by her husband as an internet #######..

yes it is scary and uncomfortable to watch, as discussed they do it as a precautionary measure..

i was feeling weird when i heard abt that seminar too..

but then after goin to the seminar i was enlightened why they have to do it..

i think it is good that they have videos like that, informative.. IMO!

Edited by envy_me

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Timeline

who went to the US to marry and have a good life with their SO..

but then bad things happen.. like a girl who was used by her husband as an internet #######..

yes it is scary and uncomfortable to watch, as discussed they do it as a precautionary measure..

i think it is good that they have videos like that.. IMO!

Yes, same thing with me. Before I went to that seminar, I asked WHY? what's the purpose? Then after, I realized, that makes sense. They are not showing it for the filipinas to back off but to tell them that there are agencies to go if and when those things happen. In fact, they are giving flyer (?) or a piece of paper wherein info of those agencies to go.

who went to the US or abroad to marry and have a good life with their SO..

but then bad things happened.. like a girl who was used by her husband as an internet #######..

i think it is good that they have videos like that, informative.. IMO!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

27. What other people think of you is none of your business.

Newton's third law of motion "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Yes, same thing with me. Before I went to that seminar, I asked WHY? what's the purpose? Then after, I realized, that makes sense. They are not showing it for the filipinas to back off but to tell them that there are agencies to go if and when those things happen. In fact, they are giving flyer (?) or a piece of paper wherein info of those agencies to go.

exactly.. :yes:

they even give guidelines especially to girls..

like where to run or where to go when abuse comes to the scene..

they even give a small booklet of consulate contact numbers and locations..

I couldn't agree more with you. what a bunch of bullsh-t. they know who's money is paying for this #######, airfare and hotels for some of the spouses/fiance's. and then when they get the visa, they have to go back to have it stamped.

you dnt have to go back..

you can go to CFO branches where you can have the seminar and stamp same day.. ;)

that is why it is best to attend the seminar after you got your visa..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

who went to the US to marry and have a good life with their SO..

but then bad things happen.. like a girl who was used by her husband as an internet #######..

i think it is good that they have videos like that.. IMO!

yep that was I realize too, when I was watching the video, I asked myself what is this?are they trying to scare these filipinas to back out or what??I even told my husband that its just a waste of money.the video they played during my seminar is about a Viatnamese who were treated as housemaid, they even showed how the girl shaving the hair of her husband in front of other people and how she was treated bad in front of other people..its reverse psychology and they will inform the attendees what are the right agency to go to in worst case scenario. they discussed too the dos and dont's in the baggage, the things to do when you get to USA. but I'm just wondering if im not mistaken, the CFO charged me more than the PRISM office considering the PRISM was the one conducted the seminar, the CFO just gave the certificate..anybody who notice that? CFO fee is P400 while PRISM is P250 :protest: ..Didn't get a chance to ask the cashier at CFO cause I was in hurry that time..haayy Visa life!!!

02-16-06- met online

07-20-07- first visit to phils

07-26-07-engagement

07-28-07- back to US

09-14-07- submitted I-129F

09-25-07- NOA1

10-25-07 -NOA2

11-01-07- My fiance got a letter from NVC that within 2 weeks Manila Consulate will send my Packet

11-20-07- Date of my Packet, actually the real one was earlier but it was sent somewhere, good thing my Fiance arrived to spent Thanksgiving day in Phils and we checked the status in Embassy.

11-23-07- Medical though the exact date was Nov. 29..

12-06-07- Interview

12-16-07- Visa in hand

01-16-98- Attended CFO

01-18-08- Arrived in USA , POE-Guam

03-16-08- Wedding

AOS

04-17-08- Submitted the AOS

04-24-08- NOA

05-13-08- Biometrics

05-27-08- Transferred to California

06-14-08- EAD card received

07-21-08- Date of AOS approval but got the letter July 24

No Interview, No RFE and Additional Vaccination( just used the SLEC medical docs)

07-22-08- Date of Permanent REsident CARd , got it July 29

07-31-08- apply for SSN

08-05-08-SSN delivery

01-12-09- First day of work(Thanks to Marielle and Mario)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.