symbiosis

McCain-Palin's Blizzard of Lies

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
The Straight Talk Express has long been replaced with the Shite Talk Express. Again, it becomes more and more obvious that Bush's previous campaign management is now running McSame's campaign. Lies and deception is all they got. And, sadly, America might just fall for the same ####### again. I try think that America is better than that but sometimes I am just not sure it really is.

Or we might just fall for Obama's #######. After all it is just talk.

These responses just come to show that you, like your candidate, have nothing of substance to show or say to contradict the very point made by the author of the op-ed piece. The point being that the McSame/Palin ticket is running on nothing but lies and deception.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Might fall? He!! theres so many people on this forum with his ####### on theyre faces there are not enough moist towelets to wipe theyre faces. I think they like it though.

They drank the Kool-Aid. They see the vision. :lol:

These responses just come to show that you, like your candidate, have nothing of substance to show or say to contradict the very point made by the author of the op-ed piece. The point being that the McSame/Palin ticket is running on nothing but lies and deception.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Top Obama Flip-Flops lies

1. Special interests In January, the Obama campaign described union contributions to the campaigns of Clinton and John Edwards as "special interest" money. Obama changed his tune as he began gathering his own union endorsements. He now refers respectfully to unions as the representatives of "working people" and says he is "thrilled" by their support.

2. Public financing Obama replied "yes" in September 2007 when asked if he would agree to public financing of the presidential election if his GOP opponent did the same. Obama has now attached several conditions to such an agreement, including regulating spending by outside groups. His spokesman says the candidate never committed himself on the matter.

3. The Cuba embargo In January 2004, Obama said it was time "to end the embargo with Cuba" because it had "utterly failed in the effort to overthrow Castro." Speaking to a Cuban American audience in Miami in August 2007, he said he would not "take off the embargo" as president because it is "an important inducement for change."

4. Illegal immigration In a March 2004 questionnaire, Obama was asked if the government should "crack down on businesses that hire illegal immigrants." He replied "Oppose." In a Jan. 31, 2008, televised debate, he said that "we do have to crack down on those employers that are taking advantage of the situation."

5. Decriminalization of marijuana While running for the U.S. Senate in January 2004, Obama told Illinois college students that he supported eliminating criminal penalties for marijuana use. In the Oct. 30, 2007, presidential debate, he joined other Democratic candidates in opposing the decriminalization of marijuana.

The McSame lies - hope it fits, it's one hell of a list:

Torture

BEFORE

McCain 11/16/07: "One of the things that kept us going when I was in prison in North Vietnam was that we knew that if the situation were reversed, that we would not be doing to our captors what they were doing to us"

"I want to tell you. Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson and Mitt Romney all think it is O.K. They have one thing in common. They don’t understand the military and the culture of this nation. If they did, they could never condone such behavior."

AFTER

McCain votes against a ban on CIA torture.

Special Interests

BEFORE

McCain: "I'm the only one special interests don't give any money to."

AFTER

McCain's campaign manager and many key campaign officials are telecom lobbyists, who have given at least $765,000 to his campaign (and that's just one special interest)

Campaign Finance Laws

BEFORE

McCain author of McCain Feingold amendment, limiting use of soft money in campaigns.

AFTER

3/21/08: McCain likely in violation of campaign finance laws.

Jerry Falwell

BEFORE

McCain 2/28/2000: "I am a pro-life, pro-family fiscal conservative, an advocate of a strong defense, and yet Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell and a few Washington leaders of the pro-life movement call me an unacceptable presidential candidate. They distort my pro- life positions and smear the reputations of my supporters. Why? Because I don't pander to them, because I don't ascribe to their failed philosophy that money is our message."

McCain 2/29/2000: calls Robertson and Falwell "agents of intolerance."

AFTER

McCain gives commencement speech at Falwell's Liberty University, cozies up to Falwell.

Iraq

BEFORE

McCain 9/29/02: “We’re not going to get into house-to-house fighting in Baghdad. We may have to take out buildings, but we’re not going to have a bloodletting of trading American bodies for Iraqi bodies.”

McCain 1/22/03: “But the point is that, one, we will win this conflict. We will win it easily.”

AFTER

McCain: 1/4/07: "When I voted to support this war, I knew it was probably going to be long and hard and tough, and those that voted for it and thought that somehow it was going to be some kind of an easy task, then I’m sorry they were mistaken. Maybe they didn’t know what they were voting for."

Abortion

BEFORE

McCain 8/24/99: "But certainly in the short term, or even the long term, I would not support repeal of Roe v. Wade, which would then force X number of women in America to [undergo] illegal and dangerous operations."

AFTER

McCain 2/18/07: "I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned"

Bush's tax cuts

BEFORE

McCain 5/26/01: "I cannot in good conscience support a tax cut in which so many of the benefits go to the most fortunate among us, at the expense of middle class Americans who most need tax relief."

AFTER

In 2006 McCain votes to extend Bush tax cuts

Ethanol

BEFORE

McCain 11/03: "Ethanol is a product that would not exist if Congress didn't create an artificial market for it. No one would be willing to buy it. Yet thanks to agricultural subsidies and ethanol producer subsidies, it is now a very big business - tens of billions of dollars that have enriched a handful of corporate interests - primarily one big corporation, ADM. Ethanol does nothing to reduce fuel consumption, nothing to increase our energy independence, nothing to improve air quality."

AFTER

McCain 8/06: "I support ethanol and I think it is a vital, a vital alternative energy source not only because of our dependency on foreign oil but its greenhouse gas reduction effects."

Gay Marriage

Well, just watch:

Confederate Flag

BEFORE

McCain 1/12/00: "Personally, I see the flag as symbol of heritage."

AFTER

McCain 4/19/00: "I feared that if I answered honestly, I could not win the South Carolina primary. So I chose to compromise my principles."

Gun control

BEFORE

In 2001, McCain and Lieberman introduce legislation to regulate gun shows.

AFTER

McCain 4/19/07: "I strongly support the Second Amendment and I believe the Second Amendment ought to be preserved, which means no gun control"

Moqtada al Sadr

BEFORE

McCain week of 3/16/08: "His influence has been on the wane for a long time."

AFTER

4/1/08: "I said he was still major player and his influence is going to have to be reduced and gradually eliminated."

Housing Relief

BEFORE

March 2008: "It is not the duty of government to bail out and reward those who act irresponsibly, whether they are big banks or small borrowers."

AFTER

4/11/08: "Let me make it clear, that in these challenging times, I am committed to using all the resources of this government and great nation to create opportunity and make sure that every deserving American has a good job and can achieve their American dream."

The Press and Hillary

BEFORE

"The media often overlooked how compassionately [Hillary Clinton] spoke to the concerns and dreams of millions of Americans.”

AFTER

“I did not [say that]."

The Estate Tax

BEFORE

"I am concerned that repeal of the estate tax would provide massive benefits solely to the wealthiest and highest-income taxpayers in the country. A Treasury Department study found that almost no estate tax has been paid by lower- and middle-income taxpayers. But taxes have been paid on the estates of people who were in the highest 20% of the income distribution at the time of their death. It found that 91% of all estate taxes are paid by the estates of people whose annual income exceeded $190,000 around the time of their death."

AFTER

"Another of my disagreements with Senator Obama concerns the estate tax, which he proposes to increase to a top rate of 55 percent. The estate tax is one of the most unfair tax laws on the books, and the first step to reform is to keep it predictable and keep it low."

Wiretaps

BEFORE

"There are some areas where the statutes don’t apply, such as in the surveillance of overseas communications. Where they do apply, however, I think that presidents have the obligation to obey and enforce laws that are passed by Congress and signed into law by the president, no matter what the situation is."

AFTER

McCain spokesman: "Neither the administration nor the telecoms need apologize for actions that most people, except for the A.C.L.U. and trial lawyers, understand were constitutional and appropriate in the wake of the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001,”

Immigration Reform

BEFORE

McCain introduces bill on immigration reform.

AFTER

January 30, 2008, when asked if he would vote for his own bill: ""No, I would not, because we know what the situation is today. The people want the borders secured first.""

BEFORE

May 22, 2008: "[We must enact comprehensive immigration reform. We must make it a top agenda item if we don’t do it before, and we probably won’t, a little straight talk, as of January 2009."

AFTER

National Review: "Team McCain tells me the senator’s comments were poorly worded. There’s been no discussion within the campaign of altering their stance on illegal immigration, and as far as everyone on the campaign is concerned, the policy is still, ’secure the border first.’"

Offshore drilling

BEFORE

1999 campaign: McCain opposes offshore drilling

AFTER

McCain 6/15/08: ""There are areas off our coasts that should be open to exploration and exploitation, and I hope we can take the first step by lifting the moratoria."

Hurricane Katrina investigations

BEFORE

2006: McCain opposes commission to study government's response to Hurricane Katrina.

AFTER

McCain 6/4/08: "I’ve supported every investigation and ways of finding out what caused the tragedy."

Guantanamo

BEFORE

2005: "I think, on balance, the argument has got to be--the weight of evidence has got to be that we've got to adjudicate these people's cases, and that means that if it means releasing some of them, you'll have to release them."

AFTER

Following 2008 Supreme Court Decision requiring trials for detainees: "One of the worst decisions in the history of this country"

Social Security Privatization

BEFORE

2004: "Without privatization, I don’t see how you can possibly, over time, make sure that young Americans are able to receive Social Security benefits.”

3/3/2008: "“As part of Social Security reform, I believe that private savings accounts are a part of it — along the lines that President Bush proposed.”

AFTER

6/13/08: “I’m not for, quote, privatizing Social Security. I never have been. I never will be.”

Minimum Wage

BEFORE

McCain votes against minimum wage increases 19 times.

AFTER

8/31/08: "I’m for the minimum wage increases when they are not attached to other big-spending pork barrel."

But seriously, why do you believe Obama? What has he done in the past to show he can lead the country? Nothing at all. And all you tough guys are so afraid of a woman for VP. Take off the rose colored glasses and see it for what it is, all talk.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

1. Special interests In January, the Obama campaign described union contributions to the campaigns of Clinton and John Edwards as "special interest" money. Obama changed his tune as he began gathering his own union endorsements. He now refers respectfully to unions as the representatives of "working people" and says he is "thrilled" by their support.

2. Public financing Obama replied "yes" in September 2007 when asked if he would agree to public financing of the presidential election if his GOP opponent did the same. Obama has now attached several conditions to such an agreement, including regulating spending by outside groups. His spokesman says the candidate never committed himself on the matter.

3. The Cuba embargo In January 2004, Obama said it was time "to end the embargo with Cuba" because it had "utterly failed in the effort to overthrow Castro." Speaking to a Cuban American audience in Miami in August 2007, he said he would not "take off the embargo" as president because it is "an important inducement for change."

4. Illegal immigration In a March 2004 questionnaire, Obama was asked if the government should "crack down on businesses that hire illegal immigrants." He replied "Oppose." In a Jan. 31, 2008, televised debate, he said that "we do have to crack down on those employers that are taking advantage of the situation."

5. Decriminalization of marijuana While running for the U.S. Senate in January 2004, Obama told Illinois college students that he supported eliminating criminal penalties for marijuana use. In the Oct. 30, 2007, presidential debate, he joined other Democratic candidates in opposing the decriminalization of marijuana.

Given that Obama has only held national office for less than 4 years and McCain has over 25 years you just need to give Obama more time. He hasn't had time to lie to us more.

The Straight Talk Express has long been replaced with the Shite Talk Express. Again, it becomes more and more obvious that Bush's previous campaign management is now running McSame's campaign. Lies and deception is all they got. And, sadly, America might just fall for the same ####### again. I try think that America is better than that but sometimes I am just not sure it really is.

Or we might just fall for Obama's #######. After all it is just talk.

1st

bullshit-2.gif

it means we're tired of your cute pics & anti everything but the messiah #######.

2nd

5998657_4888561.jpg

7yqZWFL.jpg

Given that Obama has only held national office for less than 4 years and McCain has over 25 years you just need to give Obama more time. He hasn't had time to lie to us more.

I see. And the fact that McCain now stands on the opposite site of most issues doesn't make you wonder any as to what he really stands for? Settign the bar low enough for the old man to be able to get over it for you? Way to go, Gary. Way to go!

Old man? What about too young and inexperienced?

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

But seriously, why do you believe Obama? What has he done in the past to show he can lead the country? Nothing at all. And all you tough guys are so afraid of a woman for VP. Take off the rose colored glasses and see it for what it is, all talk.

Personally, I'd be afraid of any creationism believing, speaking-in-tongues, anti-choice, global warming denialist, god talks to me candidate (after all, look what we have now).

The fact that she's a woman and barely qualified to be dog catcher hardly factors at all.

Edited by symbiosis

Personally, I'd be afraid of any creationism believing, speaking-in-tongues, anti-choice, god talks to me candidate (after all, look what we have now).

The fact that she's a woman and barely qualified to be dog catcher hardly factors at all.

Where does that put you in the scheme of things? :bonk:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Personally, I'd be afraid of any creationism believing, speaking-in-tongues, anti-choice, god talks to me candidate (after all, look what we have now).

And Obama is a man and barely qualified to be a dog catcher, so they're even. But she's not running for President, he is. Oops.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I love it when you slam someone for having faith in God. It shows just how low someone can go. You should be on TV saying these things.

And Obama is a man and barely qualified to be a dog catcher, so they're even. But she's not running for President, he is. Oops.

I'll take 8 years in the senate of a state 26x the size of Alaska vs. mayor of a brush town of 5,500 anyday. But then Palin was governor of the country's 48th most populous state for 20 months; while Obama has been two years representing Illinois.

I love it when you slam someone for having faith in God. It shows just how low someone can go. You should be on TV saying these things.

Well, you seem to have a thing about atheists, so we're even. Good to know you've come so far since your Sunday school days.