unstrung

Visa application extension

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, here's the situation. We have received Packet 3, and going through everything we need to provide in our reply back, i looked at my birth certificate for the first time in years and i noticed that there is a mistake with my name on it. To better situation you, this birth certificate is an official document supplied by the government of quebec, which is needed for other documents, namely, a passport. My birth certificate was issued in 2003, which was when i applied for it. I have other documents, dating to 1981, which serve to attest to my birth.

This birth certificate has an unfortunate error on it, which must be remedied before i can apply for a new passport (which contains the SAME error)

All these delays may well take us into october before i'm finally ready to send packet 3 back in (they need my passport number in there, and since each new passport has a new passport number... ya. i need to have my new passport before i can send it in)

The visa application expires in november, and since they may have additional delays before they can schedule me an appointment, i'm very worried that it may go over the expiration date.

Is it possible to request an extension to allow me to remedy all these issues and then properly send the packet 3 with all the correct information? I really dont want to mess things up :(

any help is appreciated on this, thank you

°»UnstrungLeSin«°

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.