tayoff

anyone mailed out N400 3 day before 90 begin?

14 posts in this topic

is it gonna b problem if i mailed out 3 days before 90 begin?

USCIS can be " nit picky" when it comes not following the instructions. Wish you luck BUT why would you do such a dumb thing and play with the system after all you've been thru.

I'm sure it will work out in the long run. I guess this is your last chance to be a "masochist" with USCIS being the sadist!!~ LOL

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

its gonna take 3 days to get there

USCIS can be " nit picky" when it comes not following the instructions. Wish you luck BUT why would you do such a dumb thing and play with the system after all you've been thru.

I'm sure it will work out in the long run. I guess this is your last chance to be a "masochist" with USCIS being the sadist!!~ LOL

Yeah probably will take 3 days to get there. What ! You in a hurry to vote in the upcoming elections? Not much of a choice! Tell them you are voting for McCain and maybe they'll expedite your petition!!! :bonk:

Must feel good that you are on the last trip on having to be a yes man to USCIS. I never have had to "hold my mug and kiss ###" my entire life as I've done in the last 3 years.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

correct!!!! I wanna b able to vote this coming up election

Yeah probably will take 3 days to get there. What ! You in a hurry to vote in the upcoming elections? Not much of a choice! Tell them you are voting for McCain and maybe they'll expedite your petition!!! :bonk:

Must feel good that you are on the last trip on having to be a yes man to USCIS. I never have had to "hold my mug and kiss ###" my entire life as I've done in the last 3 years.

Edited by tayoff

I tried my luck with mailing out 2 or 3 days eariler.

I thought same logic as yours.

It turned out that my priority date is within 90 days window, so I think it is safe.

I think it was either they hold it for a couple of days to match with 90 days rule, or pure my luck.

It seems like exactly 90 days before 5 years anniversary. ^^

If they feel that I sent too early, they will send it back to me any way. ^^

But it is up to you whether you want to take some risk or not.

Edited by moonhunt

Not to scare you or anything but I read on here and other forums that USCIS accepted applications that were filed early. However, at the interview the applicant was denied because of it. So it is your risk to take. One more thing: EVEN if you file now you wont be able to vote, I'm certain. The deadline to register to vote in most states is usually 20-30 days before the election, it is highly doubtful that your application will be approved in month and a half. Not that I'm negative, just realistic. Best of luck to you!

Not to scare you or anything but I read on here and other forums that USCIS accepted applications that were filed early. However, at the interview the applicant was denied because of it. So it is your risk to take. One more thing: EVEN if you file now you wont be able to vote, I'm certain. The deadline to register to vote in most states is usually 20-30 days before the election, it is highly doubtful that your application will be approved in month and a half. Not that I'm negative, just realistic. Best of luck to you!

I agree. its best to mail your N-400 within the 90 days window. taking a risk ain't do any good when it comes to dealing with USCIS.

11/03/2007 - Mailed N-400

11/05/2007 - Delivered to NSC

11/09/2007 - Checked Cashed

11/10/2007 - Return Signature Receipt Received

11/05/2007 - Priority Date

12/03/2007 - NOA1 Receipt Notice Received

12/13/2007 - NOA2 Fingerprints Received

01/02/2008 - Fingerprinting Done

02/11/2008 - NOA3 Interview Notice Received - April 10th, 2008

04/10/2008 - Interview Done - APPROVED

08/15/2008 - Oath Letter Received

09/10/2008 - US Citizen

09/24/2008 - Applied for US Passport

10/06/2008 - US Passport Received

10/09/2008 - Passport Card and Naturalization Certificate Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I agree. its best to mail your N-400 within the 90 days window. taking a risk ain't do any good when it comes to dealing with USCIS.

Mailed ours out precisely 88 days before the 3rd anniversary, needed that extra time to check and double check every answer we put in, plus organize the evidence that is far more important than gaining those two days. One error and you will get it back even losing your fees that you paid or really causing severe delays. So would pay far more attention to that fact of life than those extra three days. If you get a RFE, can really expect to wait forever.

Agreed! When you receive NOA1, make sure that you have priority date, so it is within 90 days window.

In my case, I had weekend in the middle, so I assumed that post office will take more time to deliver. ^^

But in most case, I won't recommend to send it eariler.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Quick question, I see that you were a CR1/IR1. Were you living with your wife in the US for 3 full years?

That's the main deal-breaker that my friend ran into when he went to the interview. He was married for more than that but he was physically living together with his wife for less than 3 years. They made him do it all again. The time was one thing but he had to pay twice! It's expensive enough once.

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

LOL

What if the person who happens to process his/her application is a Green Party supporter? ;-)

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

the days counts for the 3 years is base on the date on the green card, not the date people got married.

Not always...

On the day you file as the spouse of a US Citizen, ALL THREE of the following must be true:

* You must have been married to and living in valid marital union with a US Citizen spouse for at least a full 3 years

* Your spouse must have been a US Citizen for at least a full three years

* You must have been living in the US continuously after having been admitted for permanent residence (Green Card) for at least three years less 90 days.

Whichever one of those happens last is the one that determines the earliest day you can file. Some people (us, for example) meet the third one before meeting the first one. In our case, the first constraint is what determined our filing date.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.