ARIANNA

Fiance Packet questions

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I've been all over this site but can't find what exactly without fail I have to HAVE for the interview. Can anyone help?

For Mexico is the appointment open? As in no specific date?

The thing is that they sent my NOA2 on Tuesday and he will recieve it by tomorrow. But because of being busy I hadn't looked over the step after recieving the NOA2, but I started to yesterday and now I got confused on what I had understood before about what happens next.

I had understood that first they send him the NOA2, then he sends paperwork filled out back and also sends me the paperwork needed for my interview. So I then take it with me and then cross over once they give me the visa. Where am I wrong? I got this idea from the K1 Guide here.

Do I have to wait here in Mexico for something being sent from USCIS?

The problem is that I have made plans and am leaving Mexico with my tourist visa to see him in 18 days. The plan is to already take all the documents with me from here, gather all other paperwork there, leave our daughter with him (she is currently with me) and then go to my interview. But we would like to be able to choose the days I go down to CDJ because someone has to stay home with our kid since she's only 2 1/2 years old. Would I be able to do this? (I am aware of the POE Officers choice in letting me in).

Please any help would be greatly apretiated. I already have my tickets and am selling everything I own. I need to know so I don't mess this up. We don't have money to spare.

I've been all over this site but can't find what exactly without fail I have to HAVE for the interview. Can anyone help?

The thing is that they sent my NOA2 on Tuesday and he will recieve it by tomorrow. But because of being busy I hadn't looked over the step after recieving the NOA2, but I started to yesterday and now I got confused on what I had understood before about what happens next.

I had understood that first they send him the NOA2, then he sends paperwork filled out back and also sends me the paperwork needed for my interview. So I then take it with me and then cross over once they give me the visa. Where am I wrong? I got this idea from the K1 Guide here.

The problem is that I have made plans and am leaving Mexico with my tourist visa to see him in 18 days. The plan is to already take all the documents with me from here, gather all other paperwork there, leave our daughter with him (she is currently with me) and then go to my interview. But we would like to be able to choose the days I go down to CDJ because someone has to stay home with our kid since she's only 2 1/2 years old. Would I be able to do this? (I am aware of the POE Officers choice in letting me in).

Please any help would be greatly apretiated. I already have my tickets and am selling everything I own. I need to know so I don't mess this up. We don't have money to spare.

I was under the impression that your child would have to be with you at the interview. Unless, I suppose, she's already a USC? Make sure you check in on this so you don't mess up the interview!!

s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You need to check with others who have gone through Juarez. Your fiance will get the hardcopy of the NOA2 and letter from NVC stating your approved petition has been shipped off to Mexico. You will have a lot of paperwork to fill out as well. Check the portals link above or the regional forum to find others who have gone through Mexico and what the exact procedures are.

regarding your daughter, it will depend if she is a usc or not.

good luck.

timeline.jpg

Timeline

Sorry I forgot to mention this, she is a USC. We got her registered and have her passport.

This is why I need leave her with her dad in the States so I can fly down to the interview by myself and not have any problems.

Thank you for your answers but I guess I have to wait for someone from Mexico to answer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Arianna, I have already answered to the same questions on the other thread you made here yesterday on the same topic.

I also have already advised you to post on the Regional Forum to get responses from other VJers who went to the Embassy in CDJ as well.

Edited by eric_and_teresa

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Read this thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...896&st=1950

Page 120/121 has a great description of the embassy process with pics. Around pg. 131 there is a list of needed docs, plus we are currently at about page 164 with some good posts about recent visits to Juarez.

I promise if you take the time to read the thread from 121 forward all your questions will be answered, or least whittled down to a couple of specific questions.

Stay positive,

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Timeline
Read this thread:

Page 120/121 has a great description of the embassy process with pics. Around pg. 131 there is a list of needed docs, plus we are currently at about page 164 with some good posts about recent visits to Juarez.

I promise if you take the time to read the thread from 121 forward all your questions will be answered, or least whittled down to a couple of specific questions.

Stay positive,

Brian

Thank you! I will read though all of it.

One last question. Do I need to get a cimminal report even if I have no crimminal records of any kind?

Timeline
Read this thread:

Stay positive,

Brian

Thank you! I will read though all of it.

One last question. Do I need to get a cimminal report even if I have no crimminal records of any kind?

Yes, how will they know that you don't have any? Your criminar record will say you have no records.

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.08.2011- NOA Received

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

Timeline

Thank you, I will go get the crimminal background done next week then.

Okay, another dumb question. I was reading about the requirements and... Do I have to have money in my bank account? If so, how much would be the minimum?

Or is this not necesary? Because I thought that the USC was the one that needs to have this kind of proof.

The NOA2 says I have untill Jan 8 2009 to get my K1 Visa. Do I have to call somewhere to get a specific appointment date?

I am getting frustrated because he is very impatient and he just reads through stuff and if he doesn't understand it he just gives up. I would have a better idea myself if I had it in my own hands. He said he didn't see any instructions and that it is only one page the NOA2. Is this true?

I'm feeling :dance::angry::blink::dance: and then :wacko:

What has confused me the most is that first I understand something based on the K1 Guide here and then someone else tells me it's a diferent way. On the Guide here it says that the USC has to send me the paperwork to take to the interview. But someone else says that they send paperwork to my home here in Mexico. I still haven't found the right answer.

I am very sorry if I am apearing dumb or silly, but I really don't get it yet.

Timeline

You need to take some time to read the whole K-1 guide and K-1 flowchart. The guide is pretty simple, just read it over and over and then you'll have a more clear picture of what goes when.

Someone told you that the Embassy will send you the instructions to your home in Mexico, because that's exactly what the Embassy will do. There is no contradiction between the guides and the advice you have received. After the NOA2 the NVC forwards the case to the Embassy in México, then, the Embassy will send you (you= foreign fiance in Mexico) the instructions to follow for the interview and checklist of documents that need to be submitted for the interview. IE: birth certificate, police records, criminal records, proof of on going relationship, instructions to complete the medical exam etc., on the other hand... the Guides ADVICE that the USC sends a copy of all the documents submitted with the I-129F to the foreign fiance so the foreign fiance knows all the information that was submitted to the USCIS, in case the Embassy asks any questions about the information that the USC submitted with the petition.

The best advice I can give you is to read the guides one more time, take your time. All of us who have decided to go through this process without a lawyer, need to take the time (even though we are busy with everything else that is going on in our lives) to read and understand this process, go back and read, and of course you can ask all the questions here as well, but it will really help you a lot to read the guides and K-1 flowchart several times until you think you have really understood the process. If you guys are doing this on your own, you'll be happy to know exactly what to do because any mistake due to lack of comprehension of the process or lack of information could cost you more time waiting apart.

Sorry to insist but it could be very useful to you, to post on the Regional Forum, you'll get answers from other mexican fiances, and will tell you exactly what to expect about the Embassy in CDJ.

Good luck!

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.08.2011- NOA Received

Timeline
Thank you, I will go get the crimminal background done next week then.

Okay, another dumb question. I was reading about the requirements and... Do I have to have money in my bank account? If so, how much would be the minimum?

Or is this not necesary? Because I thought that the USC was the one that needs to have this kind of proof.

The NOA2 says I have untill Jan 8 2009 to get my K1 Visa. Do I have to call somewhere to get a specific appointment date?

I am getting frustrated because he is very impatient and he just reads through stuff and if he doesn't understand it he just gives up. I would have a better idea myself if I had it in my own hands. He said he didn't see any instructions and that it is only one page the NOA2. Is this true?

I'm feeling :dance::angry::blink::dance: and then :wacko:

What has confused me the most is that first I understand something based on the K1 Guide here and then someone else tells me it's a diferent way. On the Guide here it says that the USC has to send me the paperwork to take to the interview. But someone else says that they send paperwork to my home here in Mexico. I still haven't found the right answer.

I am very sorry if I am apearing dumb or silly, but I really don't get it yet.

Don't be sorry for asking questions :) At the beginning, we all feel the same, but after doing more reading and feeling comfortable knowing that you understand the whole process, you'll see that it really isn't that complicated.

We are here to help :thumbs:

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.08.2011- NOA Received

Timeline

Read here too: Affidavit of Support Tips

To answer your question about the affidavit of support, only the USC has to prove he/she meets the required income to sponsor the foreign fiance. Your financial situation, as the foreign fiance, wont be taken into consideration.

You may also want to read the instructions on the I-134 form, you'll find a link to it on the same link I provided above.

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.08.2011- NOA Received

Timeline
Someone told you that the Embassy will send you the instructions to your home in Mexico, because that's exactly what the Embassy will do. There is no contradiction between the guides and the advice you have received. After the NOA2 the NVC forwards the case to the Embassy in México, then, the Embassy will send you (you= foreign fiance in Mexico) the instructions to follow for the interview and checklist of documents that need to be submitted for the interview. IE: birth certificate, police records, criminal records, proof of on going relationship, instructions to complete the medical exam etc., on the other hand... the Guides ADVICE that the USC sends a copy of all the documents submitted with the I-129F to the foreign fiance so the foreign fiance knows all the information that was submitted to the USCIS, in case the Embassy asks any questions about the information that the USC submitted with the petition.

Ooooooh! Okay, I get it now. Quick question. My mother lives in the address they have, so if I go up to the States in the next 15 days and my mom recieves the intructions here. Do I have to take the original or can she just fax it to me? I mean, do they require me to take the original that they sent me? Just so I can advise my mom on what to do. And do they send it through DHL or UPS? Or regular mail? Because I live far from the city and mail takes 3 times longer to get here if it does get here at all. That really has me concerned.

Don't be sorry for asking questions :) At the beginning, we all feel the same, but after doing more reading and feeling comfortable knowing that you understand the whole process, you'll see that it really isn't that complicated.

We are here to help :thumbs:

Thank you, I really apretiate the help specialy you have given me. I realize I must have frustrated you by having to repeat yourself.

Read here too: Affidavit of Support Tips

To answer your question about the affidavit of support, only the USC has to prove he/she meets the required income to sponsor the foreign fiance. Your financial situation, as the foreign fiance, wont be taken into consideration.

You may also want to read the instructions on the I-134 form, you'll find a link to it on the same link I provided above.

I read it has to be Notarized. Right? How much does it cost to get this notarized on average? He doesn't have to much time to be leaving work and the more information I can give him on this the better.

Oh and I forgot to say that: Si hablo español... jeje

I will start reading all the links that have been provided to me asap. I just need to clear my head today. I thought I had it figured out... :bonk:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi!

Here are invaluable tools for this part of the process.

1) The link to the Embassy info here on VJ for Mexico...

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=Juarez

2) FAQs for what the fiance needs to complete...

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-application.html

3) Guide for the K1 visa process, including questions in regards to what the fiance needs for the Embassy phase of the process...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

4) Regional discussion area, including Mexico

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=96

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.