S and S

Sunday!!!!!!

99 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

That's all GREAT advice.. And a few things that I wouldn't have thought about (like the bugs)

Thank you for sharing!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Please everyone be sure to have some kinda phone buddy here that you can let know you are doing okay! Thinking of you all (F)

This one is expected to be a category 5 hurricane and making a beeline for Louisiana. Please take care of yourself! (F)

Don't forget the emergency first aid kit and stuff for bugs! Because of all of the standing water after hurricanes, the biggest health risks are mosquitoes and other bitting bugs. Heaven forbid that a window or something gets knocked out or you get flooded - the insects will find their way to you (snakes too).

I also have a portable camping stove in my closet as part of my hurricane prep - this way you can at least heat things up :thumbs:

Oh yeah, and plastic/paper plates and utensils - you won't have the water to wash the dishes every meal.

Camping stores are great places, you can find all sorts of stuff there - I also have alot of camping stuff like battery fans for the heat and a wind up radio that doesn't need batteries.

Yard trash bags are good to have too if you need to protect something from getting wet inside the house. Also do double duty for clean up :thumbs:

You should also have at least a gallon of drinkable water per person - jugs and such. Even if you are fasting, you should be drinking alot at night and it gets hot without air-conditioning :(

Good luck and you will be in my prayers (L)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
07-1.gif

Noura -
I bet you are starting to get some kicking winds about now, cause it is cloudy here and the wind is starting to pick up, should be the party of the century, oh my bad, the storm from HELL. My mom and daughter just took off to go and see the ocean, about maybe 10 minutes from here, as they were walking out I said, I will see both of you on TV you know where they always interview idiots on the beach while in the distance is a cat 5 storm, you know those interviews, yea that will be my mother and daughther. You all have a great day. :bonk:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So what are the sure signs of being pregnant?

I didn't get my monthly visitor (it's almost 2 weeks later), husband returned 2 weeks after previous one, tummy problems after eating, tired is pretty normal for me so I'm not adding that to the list :unsure: please help me come up with other possible reasons for these problems :help:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

I know exactly what you are talking about :lol: Those interviews where the weather channel guy is out there, his wind breaker on as trees are snapping around him and his toupee (spelling?) is blowing off his head and he finds random people and asks them what they think about the storm...

Comparable to the interviews with people after tornadoes/twisters describing what it sounded like coming through the trailer park :rofl:

I always wonder what those people are doing outside!! :bonk:

I hope that your Momma and daughter get inside where it's safe!!! Praying for you hon and hoping all will turn out fine!!

(F)

:whistle: New MENA baby ??? :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :lol:

please help me come up with other possible reasons for these problems :help:
Edited by Ash * Habibati

noura, GG, other south pplz, plz msg me so i know ur ok. am I considered "gulf coast" enough to be worried? I don't even have an emergency hurricane kit ready... :blink::unsure: should i send the boys out today?

*strips naked and streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaks thru the MENA sunday thread!!!!!* muwahahahahahahha

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
noura, GG, other south pplz, plz msg me so i know ur ok. am I considered "gulf coast" enough to be worried? I don't even have an emergency hurricane kit ready... :blink::unsure: should i send the boys out today?

*strips naked and streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaks thru the MENA sunday thread!!!!!* muwahahahahahahha

Amal, did you ever figure out where your brain is located. I know we were working on that last night, but we didn't get it resolved, lol. Now your streaking through the Sunday thread! That brain has to be somewhere :wacko:

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

i know it has to be around here somewhere...... :blush:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I went to the MENA store and bought some good Iraqi made bread, I haven't had it in so long so I was excited. I also picked up some baklava, Maamoul cookies and cheese. I had picked up a lot of dates too, but they forgot to put them in my bags and I didn't realize until I got home. The store is over an hour away so I can't just go back :( Now I will have to start Ramadan without dates, but inshallah I will get some next weekend.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Thank you.. Now I don't feel left out because I left early last night :rofl:

Just keeps reminding me of that movie.. "Old School".. "We're going streakkkiiinnng"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
i know it has to be around here somewhere...... :blush:

did you check your pockets? :whistle: You should at least be prepared for some awful weather Amal. Have food & water in case you can't get out for a few days (flooding) and have candles, flashlights, batteries, & radio in case you lose power for more than a few hours. Buckle down - prepare just in case. You won't get near what we're getting, but you'll probably get some funky weather for sure.

There's still time to head over here and have a "hurrication" w/ us! If you've never experienced a hurricane up close & personal - you should. Come on over - We know how to pass a good time cher!

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Ya'll comin to the Hurriane Party tonight? Amal, bring the self-igniting charcoal. :)

jJ

I've got ice cream that needs to get eaten before the power cuts out and we have no freezer! :unsure::whistle::innocent:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.