MrsCat

Mac and cheese study reveals Canada's social inequality

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Spirit though i totally agree with what your saying. Its terribly sad that low income families don't have that option. They are going to get what we give them. Low income families can't afford a lot of this stuff. I always said we should be investing more in community gardens and stuff. Many low income families can't afford fresh vegetables.

ITA! Why is it so much higher to buy fresh veggies anyway...and it's even higher if the fresh veggies are touted as organic. Sigh.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know. If I had a yard, I'd grow my own vegetables.

A few city apartment complexes are also investing in rooftop gardens which are great for the environment and bringing green into an urban landscape.

Donne moi une poptart!

Spirit though i totally agree with what your saying. Its terribly sad that low income families don't have that option. They are going to get what we give them. Low income families can't afford a lot of this stuff. I always said we should be investing more in community gardens and stuff. Many low income families can't afford fresh vegetables.

YES!!!!

:dance:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I can't believe they did a study on this :huh:

Maybe they could just form a board of say 5 people who have common sense and just run this kind of stuff by them.

instead of doing the study couldn't they have given the money used to do the study to some poor people ?? :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

Last week a guy who won the lottery in Ontario ($900k +) went out and bought 2 cases of Kraft Dinner, because its his favourite food and now he can eat more! :lol:

And he apparently doesn't know the Barenaked Ladies song either.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline

When I was a teenager, I loved Kraft dinner so much that my mom thought she'd go out and get me a case of the stuff. Well after a week of coming home and having it after school every day, I didn't like it any more. Even now it kind of makes me cringe. :lol:

The same with mr. noodles. When I was a youngin, my friend and I got an apartment in North Bay, we failed to realize that the apartment didn't have any appliances so we lived on mr. noodles for a month because all we had was a kettle. We basically killed ramen that month, both of us still hate to this day.

:lol:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

When I was a teenager, I loved Kraft dinner so much that my mom thought she'd go out and get me a case of the stuff. Well after a week of coming home and having it after school every day, I didn't like it any more. Even now it kind of makes me cringe. :lol:

The same with mr. noodles. When I was a youngin, my friend and I got an apartment in North Bay, we failed to realize that the apartment didn't have any appliances so we lived on mr. noodles for a month because all we had was a kettle. We basically killed ramen that month, both of us still hate to this day.

:lol:

What, you haven't seen how bachelors made grilled cheese (sandwiches) with an iron in the movies?!

Bahaha!

Oh Spraileness...at least it is all behind you now.

:star:

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

I have eatn a lot of Kraft Dinner and I still love it...

one thing I can't really stand now is Hamburger Helper.. one of my roommates and I would eat that a couple times a week .. ugh... you start to realize that all the different "varieties" all taste the same :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

When in college one of my "gourmet meals" was cream of mushroom soup mixed in with macaroni. Damn I loved that stuff. If it was a good day I'd add some ground beef. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
When in college one of my "gourmet meals" was cream of mushroom soup mixed in with macaroni. Damn I loved that stuff. If it was a good day I'd add some ground beef. :lol:

my favourite is macaroni, tuna and mushroom soup!

Timeline

You know what else is good for a cheap meal and I still love it to this day?

rice and tuna mix it with a little lemon pepper and MMM.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Mine was similar but instead of mushroom soup, I added Heinz Tomato soup - maybe even a little onion.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

A cheap meal for us is mac n cheese, ground beef, and mushroom soup. Add a bit of milk. Makes a big pan, enough for leftovers and for me to have lunch the next day.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

my favourite meal when I was living on my own was fry up some ground beef and whatever vegies I have on hand, onions, peppers, celery, sometimes even carrots and then throw in a jar of sgetti sauce and serve over sgetti... mmmm

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.