ThiersIssard

Newbie Seeks Advice from those men who have been there

84 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Let me just break this down for you -- although I really was just teasing.

One poster suggested this: Because choosing women in another country is a PREFERENCE, it is therefore not disgusting.

I was disproving this statement. I challenged it. Try this: Because choosing children is a PREFERENCE, it is therefore not disgusting.

See, the logic of his comment has been disproved, since most of us would agree being attracted to children is gross.

If you don't understand this, or you still think I am saying pedophiles and people who seek out foreign wives are the same, then please refer to a 9th grade geometry text or a first-year college logic course.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I like that you posted a picture of yourself. Nice touch.

Guys who are married to/are marrying asian women, I'd watch out...this brotha has game.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

No problem! :thumbs:

I guess that I just don't really think there is anything wrong if a person has a certain preference for a SO from a certain country or area.. or religion.. or anything....

:unsure: If it's not an illegal activity, than I don't see it being a problem.. People know what they like I guess

I never really thought of VJ as a dating site, but more of a place for people who had already met each other and needed help through the various immigration processes.

To meet someone, like others suggested, you might try dating sites directed at what you are looking for.. But I know a lot of people have met just on myspace, facebook, chats, and things like that - and I guess that you wouldn't have to pay for a membership like you do on some of the dating sites?

Either way, I wish you the best of luck in finding what you are looking for and the happiness that you want!

And if you get to the point where you are processing, I'm sure you'll find lots of information on visajourney to bring your loved one here to live with you!!

Again best wishes! (F)

Thank you Ashley...very kind of you to respond in a nice manner. I actually wasn't looking for dates...I agree that would be strange..I figured there were gentlemen who were in my shoes at one time and they could help...A couple of very nice guys have given me some advice. I salute your maturity and kindness. Thiers

Let me just break this down for you -- although I really was just teasing.

One poster suggested this: Because choosing women in another country is a PREFERENCE, it is therefore not disgusting.

I was disproving this statement. I challenged it. Try this: Because choosing children is a PREFERENCE, it is therefore not disgusting.

See, the logic of his comment has been disproved, since most of us would agree being attracted to children is gross.

If you don't understand this, or you still think I am saying pedophiles and people who seek out foreign wives are the same, then please refer to a 9th grade geometry text or a first-year college logic course.

Let me break THIS down for you then....

In my opinion you are a meanspirited and boorish individual who however IS intitled to YOUR opinion. Just THINK before you speak...it might save you some grief someday. Since you don't know me, a gentleman who happens to be a divorced father of two lovely daughters and a successful professional person, it would be nice if you temper any future comments and apologize for past ones... Sound fair? Cheers to all who have sent encouraging messages! Thiers

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I guess that I just don't really think there is anything wrong if a person has a certain preference for a SO from a certain country or area.. or religion.. or anything....

:unsure: If it's not an illegal activity, than I don't see it being a problem.. People know what they like I guess

I never really thought of VJ as a dating site, but more of a place for people who had already met each other and needed help through the various immigration processes.

To meet someone, like others suggested, you might try dating sites directed at what you are looking for.. But I know a lot of people have met just on myspace, facebook, chats, and things like that - and I guess that you wouldn't have to pay for a membership like you do on some of the dating sites?

Either way, I wish you the best of luck in finding what you are looking for and the happiness that you want!

And if you get to the point where you are processing, I'm sure you'll find lots of information on visajourney to bring your loved one here to live with you!!

Again best wishes! (F)

Thank you Ashley...very kind of you to respond in a nice manner. I actually wasn't looking for dates...I agree that would be strange..I figured there were gentlemen who were in my shoes at one time and they could help...A couple of very nice guys have given me some advice. I salute your maturity and kindness. Thiers

Very well said Ash. Way to go!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Matter of preference...so is being a pedophile.

I'm not saying they're the same thing at all. I'm just saying that just because it's a "matter of preference" doesn't make it not gross.

I am going to have to say that you NOW have truly insulted me. I don't appreciate it and find it very offensive. Please refrain from making such comments. It would be appreciated.

don't pay much attention to her. alex is probably mad she has to cook dinner tonight :P

back to the topic - you might try the pi forum:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=129

just say the word, and i'll move this thread to there.

:rofl:

Did she toss the maid out of the ivory tower again?

Welcome friend. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks.

It's not exactly the same thing, but for me... I'm Muslim, I wanted to marry a Muslim man... So when I thought about dating someone that was one of the first questions in my mind, regarding his religion.. and I don't think that means anything is wrong with me...

To each his own... (or her own :blush: )

Again best wishes! (F)

Very well said Ash. Way to go!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

straight to the point:

1. this is not a dating website. you can always come back to use the website for advice about legal immigration, once you you've already found your foreign ''mate''

2. i think it's crazy for someone to go looking for a foreign spouse. Speaking from experience, being someone who had to adjust to an entire different culture because I fell in love with an American, I wouldn't want anyone to go through all of the financial and emotional stress that we went through.

3. People that stay away from this website for months shouldn't come back when they're off their meds, sexually frustrated and hating their lives just to stir sh!t.

Edited by Nessa

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Easy now

Anyway, aren't you the one who's off your meds, what with the pregnancy and all?

I'm quite happy, thank you

Timeline

#######? :lol: 5 year old comeback? I expected more from you, Alexa.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

straight to the point:

1. this is not a dating website. you can always come back to use the website for advice about legal immigration, once you you've already found your foreign ''mate''

2. i think it's crazy for someone to go looking for a foreign spouse. Speaking from experience, being someone who had to adjust to an entire different culture because I fell in love with an American, I wouldn't want anyone to go through all of the financial and emotional stress that we went through.

3. People that stay away from this website for months shouldn't come back when they're off their meds, sexually frustrated and hating their lives just to stir sh!t.

You make excellent points...Thus if you read my original post I don't believe I have violated any of your personal sensibilities. What is crazy for you might not be crazy for someone else. I never suggested I was looking for any "dates". Thankfully a few mature gentlemen who can relate to what I'm suggesting, have given my some excellent advice. That is what I was seeking was advice from men who have been in my shoes period....to suggest otherwise is simply false. You see, I'm not up to par with the whole "smartass" level of bantor here on the Off Topic forum...I tend to rely on intelligent comments that recognize opposing views valid points and clarify my own that have been made previously. i think that is a fair idea don't you?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are you speaking from personal experience here? What do these comments have to do with anything? If you're that out of control and can't deal with the subject rationally - PM the guy or don't post. It's really that simple.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you speaking from personal experience here? What do these comments have to do with anything? If you're that out of control and can't deal with the subject rationally - PM the guy or don't post. It's really that simple.

I think 3. was in reference to Alex's comments.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

She's not referring to him.

It seems to me that with the RNC in town a certain somebody should be out protesting something.

Edited by WideAwakeInTheUSA

Timeline

you missed the boat on that one, didn't you? :lol:

I think 3. was in reference to Alex's comments.

:yes:

and probably due to alex's comment about nessa's pregnancy as "spawn"

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!