RachidToree

Still waiting!!!!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey Everyone!

So other then the fact that the consulate cant find my fiance's medical report, I called the other day and they said that he might have to have another interview!!! Which means that he wont have it until October because there are no openings for September. I am not understanding why this is all happening? We do everything and more for what the U.S requires and as soon as its time to do their part they play stupid and act like that is "normal" procedure.

Why must we prove to anyone that we love someone?! But as "Americans" we are allowed to live anywhere in the world and go anywhere in the world when ever we please. Sorry for the ranting and raving, but to be perfectly honest i am over the BS of this country and its come and go attitude. :angry:

I have waited over a year to be with the one i love and now that it is my turn to get something in return the U.S. consulate is suddenly making mistakes!!! It is like we can never catch a break! :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey Everyone!

So other then the fact that the consulate cant find my fiance's medical report, I called the other day and they said that he might have to have another interview!!! Which means that he wont have it until October because there are no openings for September. I am not understanding why this is all happening? We do everything and more for what the U.S requires and as soon as its time to do their part they play stupid and act like that is "normal" procedure.

Why must we prove to anyone that we love someone?! But as "Americans" we are allowed to live anywhere in the world and go anywhere in the world when ever we please. Sorry for the ranting and raving, but to be perfectly honest i am over the BS of this country and its come and go attitude. :angry:

I have waited over a year to be with the one i love and now that it is my turn to get something in return the U.S. consulate is suddenly making mistakes!!! It is like we can never catch a break! :wacko:

Still waiting

I know how you feel, my fiance is Egyptian and we have been waiting since Jan 07 for the visa. The petition was approved in May 07, he had his interview in Cairo in July 07, then nothing until April 08 when we received a letter telling us the file was sent back to US -USCIS for further review. Cairo embassy staff interviewer did not think our relationship was a valid one. In April 08 we got a letter telling us it would take 120 days, they were over with on 21 August. Yesterday i got a letter telling me USCIS was actively working our case (whatever that means) and if i have not heard from them in another 6 month to call them back. I am so angry and distressed, I cant sleep, cry allot and feel so helpless. I have no idea what to do next. aNYONE OUT THERE GOT SOME ADVISE?

Edited by da rien

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey Everyone!

Still waiting

I know how you feel, my fiance is Egyptian and we have been waiting since Jan 07 for the visa. The petition was approved in May 07, he had his interview in Cairo in July 07, then nothing until April 08 when we received a letter telling us the file was sent back to US -USCIS for further review. Cairo embassy staff interviewer did not think our relationship was a valid one. In April 08 we got a letter telling us it would take 120 days, they were over with on 21 August. Yesterday i got a letter telling me USCIS was actively working our case (whatever that means) and if i have not heard from them in another 6 month to call them back. I am so angry and distressed, I cant sleep, cry allot and feel so helpless. I have no idea what to do next. aNYONE OUT THERE GOT SOME ADVISE?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is your case being handled in the US or in Cairo? Did they use the USCIS in Athens or US?

I married my husband June 2006, before they stopped adjudicating there, and they waited a year before they sent his case to Athens USCIS. Athens finally approved him April 2008 (took 9 months) and he had his interview June 2008. Now we wait for his visa. I wish I could tell you why they are this way, but I can't.

One thing I can tell you is that even though Sept seems full, it may not be. Sometimes DV's or others have changed their minds or can't make it and that leaves openings. I didn't think my husband would have his until July because June was full and not only did they get him in June 22, but he had choices of what day he could come in.

I have often felt the exact same way you do about having to prove I love someone. I get so upset that they can affect my life like this and keep me from the man I love for over 2 years now (haven't been able to go back to Cairo due to $$). It's so wrong and someone somewhere should be putting some form of control or standard on the Embassies and Consulars to make them do their job more efficiently and consistently. As it is, they are free to do what ever they like to whom ever they want.

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.