jundp

Michael Moore has pissed off the Louisianans now...

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Louisiana Rep. Steve Scalise is calling on liberal filmmaker Michael Moore to apologize after he said Friday that the timing of Hurricane Gustav is “proof that there is a God in heaven,” since the storm approaching the Gulf Coast could disrupt next week’s Republican National Convention.

Moore made the remarks to MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann. Republicans have been monitoring the storm’s progress, considering whether to postpone their convention in St. Paul, Minn., if the storm wreaks havoc on the New Orleans area, just three years after Hurricane Katrina.

“I was just thinking, this Gustav is proof that there is a God in heaven,” Moore said. “To just have it planned at the same time, that it would actually be on its way to New Orleans for Day One of the Republican convention, up in the Twin Cities, at the top of the Mississippi River.”

Scalise released a statement Saturday blasting the documentary filmmaker for the remarks.

“I demand an immediate apology from Michael Moore to the people of south Louisiana for his offensive and inappropriate comments,” said Scalise, a Republican. “People in Louisiana, regardless of political affiliation, are making plans to leave to protect their families from this serious storm, and the God I know would not share Michael Moore’s glee for our plight.”

Residents of New Orleans and the surrounding area have to started to evacuate, while the storm strengthened to a Category 4 hurricane.

Moore seemed to back off his statement on air Friday, later saying, “I mean I certainly hope nobody gets hurt. I hope everybody’s taking cover.”

Source

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Me too. Plus that's my family he's spouting his greasy fat mouth off about.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

mikey should just go to new orleans, eat the hurricane and save the day.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

:lol:

Jun, I live just south of baton rouge. That hurricane is coming right at us. God help us.

Yes, because his comment really was intended to imply that he didn't give a flying toss about anyone in the hurricane's path. He's not my cup of tea as a journalist/film maker, but I don't think that his plainly ironic comment (you know, the party with a hotline to god having god disrupt their convention via hurricane Gustav - which is all the comment meant) is enough to demand an apology or get your knickers all twisted up over.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

yeah, but there's a twist of a double standard when Olbermann gives Bill O'Reilly the "world's worst person" award for making a joke about how he wished Katrina would hit the U.N. building. Maybe Moore will get the award tonight..

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
yeah, but there's a twist of a double standard when Olbermann gives Bill O'Reilly the "world's worst person" award for making a joke about how he wished Katrina would hit the U.N. building. Maybe Moore will get the award tonight..

Well... why? Who really cares what talk show f*ckheads think?

Isn't all of this thin-skinnedness on the part of media personalities just a mite silly?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yep, it's totally silly.

Still, Michael Moore should have been more sensitive about this particular issue, since he professes to care about the poor and all.

Michael Moore sucks.

Republicans suck more, though.

Hmmmmmm

I have no point

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

sorry to say charles, but he actually creates the moist hot air that makes hurricanes. meteorological fact. I saw it on NOAA's website once.

Timeline
Yep, it's totally silly.

Still, Michael Moore should have been more sensitive about this particular issue, since he professes to care about the poor and all.

Michael Moore sucks.

Hmmmmmm

I have no point

that's not news.

and btw, dems suck too.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Yep, it's totally silly.

Michael Moore sucks.

Hmmmmmm

I have no point

that's not news.

and btw, dems suck too.

They totally do.

Timeline
Yep, it's totally silly.

Michael Moore sucks.

Hmmmmmm

I have no point

that's not news.

and btw, dems suck too.

They totally do.

dems suck so much, everyone attending the dnc had hickies on their feet just for being there :jest:

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *