Ggreen

Mccain's VP.

186 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I agree with you, SRVT.

Except for your comment about "most Republicans" :)

I don't like it when either side makes such comments about the other.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary, in the rest of the western world, a belief in creationism as 'scientific' is considered very extreme and an example of a fanatical belief system. I haven't met anyone in the US who does believe this rubbish, just as well really I couldn't take them seriously. I don't hate people like that, and they don't scare me in day to day terms, but rising to the top of a great western democracy, yes, I do think that is a very, very bad thing.

I'm not sure that is a true statement. It would be very hard to qualify but can you advise where those statistics came from?

Name one politician from anywhere else in the western world who believes in creationism. Just one, I don't know of one, although I guess it's possible. However, it is certainly true that the majority of western politicians do not support this dogma.

You weren't specific to politicians in your original comment, and stated the "western world". That is why I asked where those statistics were taken from. However, creationism is really not an example of a fanatical belief system and is in fact a belief held by millions of people across the world. Palin is not saying that creationism should replace a science class, but rather an option to be taught alongside. Whether you accept it or not, there are millions of children throughout this world who are being taught creationism at home, so to extend that to the schoolroom is really not a big deal.

Oh joy, are these children taught the world is flat as well? Excellent, I can see the world is moving forward in giant leaps educationally.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Incidentally, that's one of the things I do like about Barack, he is a great believer in the power of education. I'll give him a thumbs up for that.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

McCain made an outstanding VP choice. I stood up and cheered when I read the news on my computer. This choice has already mobilized the Republican party and in my view will result in a Republican victory. Sarah Palin has integrity and has demonstrated that she can get things done, fight corruption and achieve results. She has demonstrated judgment. Obama talks about his judgment but you cant point to anything he has ever accomplished that has demonstrated his judgment. He wasn't in the Senate to vote against the Iraq war and this is his only claim to fame. Joe Biden has been in the Senate for 30 plus years and like Obama always follows the party line. So much for change.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
McCain made an outstanding VP choice. I stood up and cheered when I read the news on my computer. This choice has already mobilized the Republican party and in my view will result in a Republican victory. Sarah Palin has integrity and has demonstrated that she can get things done, fight corruption and achieve results. She has demonstrated judgment. Obama talks about his judgment but you cant point to anything he has ever accomplished that has demonstrated his judgment. He wasn't in the Senate to vote against the Iraq war and this is his only claim to fame. Joe Biden has been in the Senate for 30 plus years and like Obama always follows the party line. So much for change.

:thumbs:

There are not really any new ideas in either party. Change doesn't really mean new ideas for the democratic party, as most things have been been part of the platform for years. Change means changing away from broken Republican polices.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Wow, already cut-n-paste political propaganda hitting the forum..

Marriage : 2001-09-26

CSC:

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-12

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-24

NVC:

NVC Received: 2008-07-30

DS-3032 and AOS bill generated: 2008-08-04

DS-3032 e-mailed (with autoreply): 2008-08-05

AOS fee paid online: 2008-08-06

AOS fee received in AVR and online: 2008-08-07

DS-3032 accepted with e-mail notice: 2008-08-15

IV fee bill paid online: 2008-08-16

IV fee bill generated in AVR: 2008-08-18

IV fee bill Accepted (PAID online): 2008-08-19

I-864 Express Mailed: 2008-08-19

IV fee and 864 received at NVC, called to confirm: 2008-08-22

DS-230 Express Mailed to NVC: 2008-08-25

RFE issued (864): 2008-09-2, sent correction: 2008-09-03

RFE Checklist received: 2008-09-08

Case Complete: 2008-09-16

What the rest of the world believes isn't important.

So, next time the world says same about you, do not get all pissed off like Condy or Dubya do.

That is how we earn our world standing.

It's really pointless. I'm sorry for you and understand your anger at the world.

Don't feel sorry for me. I am perfectly content with my foundation. I really don't care what the rest of the world thinks of us. As for my anger, say what? I am not angry with anything. Not agreeing isn't the same as anger. It seems that your the angry one because your elitism isn't shared by all. You look down your nose at anything remotely based on faith. That is why pure liberalism never works here. The left has to move to the center to gain support for those that don't have your cynical POV. Just look at Obama. He is moving away from his hard left views because he knows he cannot win without doing so. It's a good thing we have his record to hold up. It shows he really doesn't mean his move to the center and it's all a show to garner support.

Right, no one could possibly have an opinion like this of their own. What an elitist attitude!

Timeline

It's time for this:

presidentcatve9.jpg

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline
What the rest of the world believes isn't important.

So, next time the world says same about you, do not get all pissed off like Condy or Dubya do.

That is how we earn our world standing.

It's really pointless. I'm sorry for you and understand your anger at the world.

Don't feel sorry for me. I am perfectly content with my foundation. I really don't care what the rest of the world thinks of us. As for my anger, say what? I am not angry with anything. Not agreeing isn't the same as anger. It seems that your the angry one because your elitism isn't shared by all. You look down your nose at anything remotely based on faith. That is why pure liberalism never works here. The left has to move to the center to gain support for those that don't have your cynical POV. Just look at Obama. He is moving away from his hard left views because he knows he cannot win without doing so. It's a good thing we have his record to hold up. It shows he really doesn't mean his move to the center and it's all a show to garner support.

Amazing.. gimme more.

About right and left please.

You probably think you are close to right? I would say you are closer to "in the woods", or 14th century. Which is ok, whatever makes you happy. But do not think that public school kids should be same so that you can feel better about yourself.

Thank you Founding Fathers for the Constitution.

Right, no one could possibly have an opinion like this of their own. What an elitist attitude!

Nope, because it's not an opinion.

CSC:

NVC:

Gary, in the rest of the western world, a belief in creationism as 'scientific' is considered very extreme and an example of a fanatical belief system. I haven't met anyone in the US who does believe this rubbish, just as well really I couldn't take them seriously. I don't hate people like that, and they don't scare me in day to day terms, but rising to the top of a great western democracy, yes, I do think that is a very, very bad thing.

I'm not sure that is a true statement. It would be very hard to qualify but can you advise where those statistics came from?

Name one politician from anywhere else in the western world who believes in creationism. Just one, I don't know of one, although I guess it's possible. However, it is certainly true that the majority of western politicians do not support this dogma.

You weren't specific to politicians in your original comment, and stated the "western world". That is why I asked where those statistics were taken from. However, creationism is really not an example of a fanatical belief system and is in fact a belief held by millions of people across the world. Palin is not saying that creationism should replace a science class, but rather an option to be taught alongside. Whether you accept it or not, there are millions of children throughout this world who are being taught creationism at home, so to extend that to the schoolroom is really not a big deal.

Oh joy, are these children taught the world is flat as well? Excellent, I can see the world is moving forward in giant leaps educationally.

You seem very frustrated with the idea that creationism is taught and will continue to be taught regardless of your beliefs. Children can think for themselves and to present them with varying versions of theories is not going to make them explode.

Timeline
You seem very frustrated with the idea that creationism is taught and will continue to be taught regardless of your beliefs. Children can think for themselves and to present them with varying versions of theories is not going to make them explode.

It actually DOES make them explode in some parts of the world, if you have not heard yet. For the same reason, religious extremism, what they were taught.

Does not matter if it's a judaism or islam or christianity, religious extremism does not have a place in modern world.

Most of the world learned it over the centuries, maybe except for some deep woods in the US, some high mountains or deserts in the Middle East.

Children can think for themselves and to present them with varying versions of theories is not going to make them explode.

You know that it's a favorite defense line of child rapists, don't you.

CSC:

NVC:

You are projecting, I am not frustrated. However, yes, I object to the idea of creationism being taught 'as if' it were a branch of science or a credible alternative to evolution. If someone wants to teach all the different religious doctrine, fair enough, but let's not pretend that creationism is a rational and credible scientific theory that should be taught as simply another perfectly reasonable alternative. It's not and children do not need their heads stuffed with hysterical nonsense. We are in the 21st century now, not the 10th.

There is a reason church and state were constitutionally seperated.

Timeline

Religious teachings of Creationism have no place in a public school system. That's what church-based schools and home teaching is for. Our constitution guarantees that our government will not force us to follow a government mandated religion.

While it's true that children can think for themselves, this type of education, advocating only one belief system should be taught at home, in Sunday school, or in a private school sector. It should not be worked into a general curriculum funded by taxpayers of many faiths (or no faith) and backed by a Constitution that protects the people from being forced to follow a certain faith and from persecution should they choose a different belief.

While some people may not like that, it is the case.

Btw, I am a teacher in a religious-based school. I still don't think Creationism should be taught in public schools.

penguinpasscanada.jpg