Ggreen

Mccain's VP.

186 posts in this topic

Agreed, this is scary ####. This woman is irrational and to even mention her in the same breath of serious politicians is an insult. Actually, I can't think of any other western democracy where such a person would rise to the top, it just wouldn't couldn't happen and yet we have people going, well, if McCain thinks it's ok, it has to be a good thing. Scary ####, yep, it is.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That someone believes that creationism is even in the ball park as evolution is absolutely rejecting science. Creationism is not scientific but is based on faith and does not belong anywhere near the science classroom. If it doesn't stick, it tells me that the US is in great need of a better education system. Left talking point? No, this is someone rejecting the opinions of someone because they can't tell the difference between science and faith and it seems she is not alone in this. How terribly sad.

Again, show me where she rejects science. She isn't. If you can give me a quote where she says evolution is wrong and creationism is the real way then I will concede your point. Otherwise it's just a worthless accusation that isn't worthy of discussion.

Gary, if someone says, I think creationism should be taught in schools even be it alongside 'other scientific theories' that alone tells me she has no clue and is by default rejecting science and logic. That you are defending someone like this is surprising. Perhaps you have to because she was picked by 'your guy' but I have to say, that if the Dems had chosen someone with such an outlandish point of view, I would be equally dismayed.

To be clear, this isn't 'sour grapes' or anything like that. I simply think this is an outlandish and crazy pick. Almost any of the other possible choices would have been good in comparison - apart from Huckabee.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Honestly the fact that you, as someone who doesn't even think creationism makes sense, can consider this person as a serious politician? It's not a small thing to reject science. It's huge.

Show me where she rejects science. She didn't. That is just the lefts talking points. Asking that something be taught IN ADDITION to evolution isn't rejecting anything. Nice try but it isn't going to stick.

This is really freaky that someone can actually think it's reasonable.

I've heard that there are some places where people do not believe in logic or reason, and I've seen a president saying "let's pray" instead of acting.

Scary sh*t.

I do not want a pres who will reply to a 3 o'clock phone call with words: "let's pray"

And I think it's just as freaky when someone is so afraid of a person of faith. Your showing just how nervous the left is. It makes me very happy to see that. Please rant on.

Rejecting a person of faith? No, I would vote for Barack who is a person of faith. This goes way beyond faith but you can't see that so this isn't going to go anywhere. Suffice to say, this woman just wouldn't get anywhere running with such extremist amd religiously fanatical views were she to go into politics in any other western democracy.

Edited by Madame Cleo

That someone believes that creationism is even in the ball park as evolution is absolutely rejecting science. Creationism is not scientific but is based on faith and does not belong anywhere near the science classroom. If it doesn't stick, it tells me that the US is in great need of a better education system. Left talking point? No, this is someone rejecting the opinions of someone because they can't tell the difference between science and faith and it seems she is not alone in this. How terribly sad.

Again, show me where she rejects science. She isn't. If you can give me a quote where she says evolution is wrong and creationism is the real way then I will concede your point. Otherwise it's just a worthless accusation that isn't worthy of discussion.

Gary, if someone says, I think creationism should be taught in schools even be it alongside 'other scientific theories' that alone tells me she has no clue and is by default rejecting science and logic. That you are defending someone like this is surprising. Perhaps you have to because she was picked by 'your guy' but I have to say, that if the Dems had chosen someone with such an outlandish point of view, I would be equally dismayed.

To be clear, this isn't 'sour grapes' or anything like that. I simply think this is an outlandish and crazy pick. Almost any of the other possible choices would have been good in comparison - apart from Huckabee.

Do a search. Months ago I advocated Palin. I have been wanting McCain to pick her from the day he clinched the nomination. What you see as outlandish and crazy I see as the very best pick he could have made. As for your idea that just by mentioning creationism in the same breath as evolution makes her have no clue just shows me you don't have a clue as to the way things are here. This is a great pick and will give McCain the WH. Obama has seen his death knell politically speaking.

Rejecting a person of faith? No, I would vote for Barack who is a person of faith. This goes way beyond faith but you can't see that so this isn't going to go anywhere. Suffice to say, this woman just wouldn't get anywhere running with such extremist amd religiously fanatical views were she to go into politics in any other western democracy.

Listen to yourself. Your afraid of what she represents. This isn't extreme or fanatical. This is mainstream middle America. Sorry if you don't like it.

I know and months ago we had these same discussions about her nutty beliefs. Nutty they are, creationism is akin to flat earthism. Anyway, it's great you are happy with his choice. Fine and dandy that is.

Gary, it is scary when you call extremist illogical views as typical of mainstream America. Yes, that is scary indeed.

Oh, and using adjectives like 'rant' and 'nervous left' does not bolster your argument one iota.

And adjectives like "extreme and fanatical" doesn't bolster your argument one iota also.

However, that doesn't mean I am quaking in my boots or running around scrared like a loony. I have hope that the people of America will see that this doesn't make sense and will vote the other way.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Honestly the fact that you, as someone who doesn't even think creationism makes sense, can consider this person as a serious politician? It's not a small thing to reject science. It's huge.

Show me where she rejects science. She didn't. That is just the lefts talking points. Asking that something be taught IN ADDITION to evolution isn't rejecting anything. Nice try but it isn't going to stick.

I've heard that there are some places where people do not believe in logic or reason, and I've seen a president saying "let's pray" instead of acting.

Scary sh*t.

I do not want a pres who will reply to a 3 o'clock phone call with words: "let's pray"

And I think it's just as freaky when someone is so afraid of a person of faith. Your showing just how nervous the left is. It makes me very happy to see that. Please rant on.

You fail to get that it's not about "left" or "right", dems or cons.

In modern (civilized, educated) world words "creationism" and "school" just do not belong together.

Do you think your TV works because god wants it to?

God makes hurricanes and rain?

It, or he or whatever, created everything in universe in 6 days? This is what you want your kids to think, so that they too will be unable to use a judgement and logic...

I don't. I want my kids to be capable to make their own decisions and be responsible for their lives and lives of others around them.

I know, it's hard to understand, easier to pray.

Marriage : 2001-09-26

CSC:

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-12

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-24

NVC:

NVC Received: 2008-07-30

DS-3032 and AOS bill generated: 2008-08-04

DS-3032 e-mailed (with autoreply): 2008-08-05

AOS fee paid online: 2008-08-06

AOS fee received in AVR and online: 2008-08-07

DS-3032 accepted with e-mail notice: 2008-08-15

IV fee bill paid online: 2008-08-16

IV fee bill generated in AVR: 2008-08-18

IV fee bill Accepted (PAID online): 2008-08-19

I-864 Express Mailed: 2008-08-19

IV fee and 864 received at NVC, called to confirm: 2008-08-22

DS-230 Express Mailed to NVC: 2008-08-25

RFE issued (864): 2008-09-2, sent correction: 2008-09-03

RFE Checklist received: 2008-09-08

Case Complete: 2008-09-16

Gary, in the rest of the western world, a belief in creationism as 'scientific' is considered very extreme and an example of a fanatical belief system. I haven't met anyone in the US who does believe this rubbish, just as well really I couldn't take them seriously. I don't hate people like that, and they don't scare me in day to day terms, but rising to the top of a great western democracy, yes, I do think that is a very, very bad thing.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Scary sh*t.

You fail to get that it's not about "left" or "right", dems or cons.

In modern (civilized, educated) world words "creationism" and "school" just do not belong together.

Do you think your TV works because god wants it to?

God makes hurricanes and rain?

It, or he or whatever, created everything in universe in 6 days? This is what you want your kids to think, so that they too will be unable to use a judgement and logic...

I don't. I want my kids to be capable to make their own decisions and be responsible for their lives and lives of others around them.

I know, it's hard to understand, easier to pray.

Ah, I see. Someone of faith isn't civilized or educated. Nice all inclusive big tent you have there. Keep talking, stuff like this just bolsters your parties arrogance and elitist perception.

Gary, in the rest of the western world, a belief in creationism as 'scientific' is considered very extreme.

The last time I looked this wasn't "the rest of the western world".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
If you count as foreign policy, the necessary dealings with adjoining states/provinces/territories of another country--then Palin has 2 years worth of FP experience (Alaska borders on BC and Yukon--last I checked, both Canuck).

On that score, Obama's total FP experience is that of campaigning in Europe, and photo-ops in Afghanistan.

Bah...when people start trying to rationalize McCain's earlier criticism about experience by dressing this VP selection up (she has executive experience), it only makes the criticism aimed at Obama and his 'lack of experience' sound even more ridiculous. Hopefully, we can now move on to more substantive issues than splitting hairs over which candidate has more experience.

Talking about experience...

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I don't believe that Creationism should be taught in public schools. Private, church-based schools, ok if they want to. This is one of my very few gripes with Bobby Jindal.

However, I don't think there's any problem with the president (or whomever) saying "Let's pray" as long as that isn't his (or her) plan of action. Hell, I grew up with the whole school praying together before a football game at a public high school.

Anyway, advocating that Creationism be taught in public schools is, IMHO, infringing on our Constitution, because it's the Christian view of Creationism, and does only stand for one religious view, which is very clearly prohibited by our Constitution.

ETA: Fedup, I still want to know what her college degree and university choice has to do with her being qualified or not for this role....

Edited by jundp

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi