Ggreen

Mccain's VP.

186 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
:jest:

VJmmbr,

I have a feeling you would have had the same reaction for any McCain pick. But the real question is: Do you like your mother very much?

That is wrong, with all my respect to your mother and mine.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is fun to watch! The dems are falling all over themselves trying to find fault in McCains VP pick.

All right Gary, quit stereotyping :)

I hate being lumped in as "the dems" when in fact I've spoken AGAINST all the whining about Palin.

I much prefer it when you call us commie tree huggers.

Sorry, that label isn't all inclusive. Let me modify that then. The political opposition to McCain is falling all over itself and SOME of the mind numbed robots have picked up the talking points to spread it around.

Better?

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
This is fun to watch! The dems are falling all over themselves trying to find fault in McCains VP pick.

All right Gary, quit stereotyping :)

I hate being lumped in as "the dems" when in fact I've spoken AGAINST all the whining about Palin.

I much prefer it when you call us commie tree huggers.

Sorry, that label isn't all inclusive. Let me modify that then. The political opposition to McCain is falling all over itself and SOME of the mind numbed robots have picked up the talking points to spread it around.

Better?

Yes, thank you :lol:

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

First of all, everyone has a right to an opinion as to the wisdom of McCain's choice of VP. It doesn't really matter if you are a voter or not, a Republican, a Democrat an Independant or a martian. We all have an opinion and it's as valid as the next one.

My opinion is, this shows exactly how dangerous the GOP party can be because people who reject science in favour of faith are not only taken seriously, but are by this choice, moved into the mainstream. I thought Huckabee was bad, but he got nowhere, thank goodness. Now, this Sarah woman is shot straight to center stage and McCain wants normal, rational people to take this seriously? Get a grip McCain.

Personally, I think this is a good thing for the Dems - if it isn't well, American politics is totally unfathomable to an outsider.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

This is fun to watch! The dems are falling all over themselves trying to find fault in McCains VP pick. That tells me he must have done something right.

Palin was chosen, not to sway the dems that are already committed to Obama, but to help out with his base and to sway those in the middle. Of course Palin isn't going to make the left happy. She wasn't suppose to.

When McCain was chosen for the rep candidate I wasn't very happy. But the more McCain does the less it bothers me. Now with this pick I can honestly say I am happy with McCain for the first time. (pun intended) McCain chose the one person that could make me say that. That is why he chose here. Who cares what the Nobama nuts think of her. I like it.

No, it tells you some people can't understand why a serious politician would make such a bizarre move. Thinking outside the box? It's thinking like a crazy person and he wants to be taken seriously as a presidential contender? I wish I could vote, I know exactly where I would vote and I don't even like Barack very much.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
First of all, everyone has a right to an opinion as to the wisdom of McCain's choice of VP. It doesn't really matter if you are a voter or not, a Republican, a Democrat an Independant or a martian. We all have an opinion and it's as valid as the next one.

I agree with you....I hope Gary c understand that!!

Honestly the fact that you, as someone who doesn't even think creationism makes sense, can consider this person as a serious politician? It's not a small thing to reject science. It's huge.

Yes, you have a valid opinion but like I said, she wasn't chosen to please people of your opinions. I have very happy with this choice and I dare say a lot of other people are also. Your opinion doesn't matter since you wouldn't have voted for McCain under any circumstances. She makes the conservatives that had heartburn over McCain feel much better. I think she will make a fine VP and 4 or 8 years from now she will clean Hillary's clock in the first female/female president election. Way to go McCain!!!!

Honestly the fact that you, as someone who doesn't even think creationism makes sense, can consider this person as a serious politician? It's not a small thing to reject science. It's huge.

Show me where she rejects science. She didn't. That is just the lefts talking points. Asking that something be taught IN ADDITION to evolution isn't rejecting anything. Nice try but it isn't going to stick.

Timeline

Yes, you have a valid opinion but like I said, she wasn't chosen to please people of your opinions. I have very happy with this choice and I dare say a lot of other people are also. Your opinion doesn't matter since you wouldn't have voted for McCain under any circumstances. She makes the conservatives that had heartburn over McCain feel much better. I think she will make a fine VP and 4 or 8 years from now she will clean Hillary's clock in the first female/female president election. Way to go McCain!!!!

I respect your opinion, you sound wise without using words like robots, obamabots...and so and so...

That someone believes that creationism is even in the ball park as evolution is absolutely rejecting science. Creationism is not scientific but is based on faith and does not belong anywhere near the science classroom. If it doesn't stick, it tells me that the US is in great need of a better education system. Left talking point? No, this is someone rejecting the opinions of someone because they can't tell the difference between science and faith and it seems she is not alone in this. How terribly sad.

Timeline

Yes, you have a valid opinion but like I said, she wasn't chosen to please people of your opinions. I have very happy with this choice and I dare say a lot of other people are also. Your opinion doesn't matter since you wouldn't have voted for McCain under any circumstances.

So much for serving the people. To you, they just serve Republicans. And guess what, no, they don't serve you. They serve corporate interests. How does it feel to be cheerleader for a politician and have their boot up your ### at the same time? This is the case for people who do this to both Obama/Biden and McCain/ParisPalin.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Show me where she rejects science. She didn't. That is just the lefts talking points. Asking that something be taught IN ADDITION to evolution isn't rejecting anything. Nice try but it isn't going to stick.

This is really freaky that someone can actually think it's reasonable.

I've heard that there are some places where people do not believe in logic or reason, and I've seen a president saying "let's pray" instead of acting.

Scary sh*t.

I do not want a pres who will reply to a 3 o'clock phone call with words: "let's pray"

Marriage : 2001-09-26

CSC:

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-12

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-24

NVC:

NVC Received: 2008-07-30

DS-3032 and AOS bill generated: 2008-08-04

DS-3032 e-mailed (with autoreply): 2008-08-05

AOS fee paid online: 2008-08-06

AOS fee received in AVR and online: 2008-08-07

DS-3032 accepted with e-mail notice: 2008-08-15

IV fee bill paid online: 2008-08-16

IV fee bill generated in AVR: 2008-08-18

IV fee bill Accepted (PAID online): 2008-08-19

I-864 Express Mailed: 2008-08-19

IV fee and 864 received at NVC, called to confirm: 2008-08-22

DS-230 Express Mailed to NVC: 2008-08-25

RFE issued (864): 2008-09-2, sent correction: 2008-09-03

RFE Checklist received: 2008-09-08

Case Complete: 2008-09-16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

VJ.mmbr

You made some interesting points, but just because she is for drilling in ANWR doesn't mean she's an oil company stooge. In fact, in these parts, she's seen as anti-Big Oil due to her restructuring of the oil royalty tax to the tune of increaseing it by 1.5%, meaning billions more to the State coffers. This has pissed a lot of hard core Rs off because they're worried about decreasing investment in the State for more economically friendly (and environmentally lax) locales.

I'm not sure who pointed it out, but the mess the Republican party has found itself in with regard to the corruption began before her term, and she has managed to stay out of it. But you're correct in your reporting of what is becoming known as Wootengate, and her approval rating has gone from something like 90% down to 70%. Which is still great, but people are starting to see that maybe she isn't the shining knight we thought she was back in 2002.

As far as her family values, I don't see her as any different than any other far right conservative. She's for guns, God, and gold. Or whatever mines may try to operate in Alaska.

I really wish McCain would have chosen our junior Senator, Lisa Murkowski, if all he was looking for was an Alaskan woman who was an R.

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

That someone believes that creationism is even in the ball park as evolution is absolutely rejecting science. Creationism is not scientific but is based on faith and does not belong anywhere near the science classroom. If it doesn't stick, it tells me that the US is in great need of a better education system. Left talking point? No, this is someone rejecting the opinions of someone because they can't tell the difference between science and faith and it seems she is not alone in this. How terribly sad.

Again, show me where she rejects science. She isn't. If you can give me a quote where she says evolution is wrong and creationism is the real way then I will concede your point. Otherwise it's just a worthless accusation that isn't worthy of discussion.