w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Old Man McCain: "The Supreme court should overturn Roe v. Wade ... Please have no doubt about my commitment"

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

February 19, 2007

"I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned," McCain told 800 GOP voters during a campaign stop in South Carolina on Sunday.

Heading into his presidency, President George W. Bush faced a court that, following the Clinton years, favored legalized abortion on a 6-3 margin.

Bush replaced pro-life Chief Justice William Rehnquist with Chief Justice John Roberts and pro-abortion Justice Sandra Day O'Connor with Justice Samuel Alito. Those appointments are thought to have left the court at a 5-4 pro-abortion majority -- meaning the change of just one justice could open Roe up to defeat.

McCain also fielded a question Saturday about abortion during an Iowa appearance.

Jennifer Gumbel of West Des Moines asked the senator "what ideas can you bring to" ending abortion?

McCain discussed his pro-life voting record and reiterated his support for "the rights of the unborn."

"Please have no doubt about my commitment," McCain added.

In late November, McCain appeared on the ABC News program "This Week" and host George Stephanopoulos asked McCain if he supported a "constitutional amendment banning abortion, with some exceptions for life and rape and incest."

"I don't think a constitutional amendment is probably going to take place, but I do believe that it's very likely or possible that the Supreme Court should -- could overturn Roe v. Wade, which would then return these decisions to the states, which I support," McCain said.

http://www.lifenews.com/nat2938.html

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

and congress must approve anyone put forth, so it's a non-starter with a democratic congress.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

and congress must approve anyone put forth, so it's a non-starter with a democratic congress.

A Democratic Congress can't be taken for granted for the entire four-year tenure of a Republican President.

Timeline

A Democratic Congress can't be taken for granted for the entire four-year tenure of a Republican President.

what you mean their grip is tenuous with all of this "change" we keep hearing about? :jest:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

what you mean their grip is tenuous with all of this "change" we keep hearing about? :jest:

Politics is fluid. We all know that.

Remember Gingrich and the Republican Revolution? I know you do.

The only safeguard against an anti-choice judge on the SCOTUS is a Democratic President.

ETA: we have a user called 'youtube' reading this topic. interesting screen name, noob.

Timeline

Politics is fluid. We all know that.

Remember Gingrich and the Republican Revolution? I know you do.

The only safeguard against an anti-choice judge on the SCOTUS is a Democratic President.

ETA: we have a user called 'youtube' reading this topic. interesting screen name, noob.

that's a "the sky is falling" act i'm not buying. are you telling me no republicans would cross party lines and vote against a scotus candidate that would skew the balance? it happens all the time.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
February 19, 2007

"I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned," McCain told 800 GOP voters during a campaign stop in South Carolina on Sunday.

Heading into his presidency, President George W. Bush faced a court that, following the Clinton years, favored legalized abortion on a 6-3 margin.

Bush replaced pro-life Chief Justice William Rehnquist with Chief Justice John Roberts and pro-abortion Justice Sandra Day O'Connor with Justice Samuel Alito. Those appointments are thought to have left the court at a 5-4 pro-abortion majority -- meaning the change of just one justice could open Roe up to defeat.

McCain also fielded a question Saturday about abortion during an Iowa appearance.

Jennifer Gumbel of West Des Moines asked the senator "what ideas can you bring to" ending abortion?

McCain discussed his pro-life voting record and reiterated his support for "the rights of the unborn."

"Please have no doubt about my commitment," McCain added.

In late November, McCain appeared on the ABC News program "This Week" and host George Stephanopoulos asked McCain if he supported a "constitutional amendment banning abortion, with some exceptions for life and rape and incest."

"I don't think a constitutional amendment is probably going to take place, but I do believe that it's very likely or possible that the Supreme Court should -- could overturn Roe v. Wade, which would then return these decisions to the states, which I support," McCain said.

http://www.lifenews.com/nat2938.html

Let's just pray that he doesn't get elected as our next president.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

that's a "the sky is falling" act i'm not buying. are you telling me no republicans would cross party lines and vote against a scotus candidate that would skew the balance? it happens all the time.

Sure, some will. Will it be enough?

A Democratic President is the only safeguard against an anti-choice judge on the Supreme Court.

The right to choose can not be left to chance.

Timeline

A Democratic President is the only safeguard against an anti-choice judge on the Supreme Court.

zomg only a democratic president can save us! :rolleyes:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

After getting porked by the Republican for 8 years,let's hope so.

The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline

at least there's no dry cleaning bill like with a democratic president :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

at least there's no dry cleaning bill like with a democratic president :lol:

Is it because they use Woolite ?

January 12,2011-RFE

It's a disgrace that in America this subject is still open to discussion as regards judicial process. Abortion should always be an option. Spend time and money on educating people on how to avoid unwanted pregnancies by all means, a reduction in abortions would be good for everyone. However, the idea that one can legislate people into behaving differently is so absurd and the consequences of making abortion illegal are so horrific that it simply shouldn't be an option any more.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Can we get a Presidential candidate from one of the two stupid parties who actually can be logical on these issues?

Honestly, Captain Alzheimers clearly only serves conservatives in "his" America. However, overlooking the rights and wishes of others because of his belief of when life begins. Republican candidates, of today, don't respect others, nor do they respect separation of powers (some ideology of creaming into the face of SCOTUS who determined a woman does have the right to do with her body what she pleases, especially in her own determination if it's healthy for her to continue with a pregnancy), so it is scary indeed the thought of him and his proposed agenda, as he gets on his knees to try and get acceptance from the ultra-right just as Democrats pander to "moderates".

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Or people whom have no business in deciding what a woman can or can't do with her own body.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.