one...two...tree

Death penalty upheld for Orange County white supremacist

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

41944311.jpg

The California Supreme Court upholds the ruling in the case of Gunner Lindberg, the first person in the state condemned to die for a racially motivated murder.

By Mike Anton, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

The California Supreme Court has upheld the death penalty for a self-proclaimed white supremacist from Orange County who was the first person in the state condemned to die for a racially motivated murder.

Gunner Lindberg, 33, was convicted in the 1996 slaying of Thien Minh Ly, 24, who was stabbed more than 50 times and had his throat slashed.

Lindberg was convicted in Orange County Superior Court of first-degree murder with a special circumstance that the crime was based on the victim's race. Lindberg's attorney sought to have the special circumstance overturned on appeal because of lack of evidence.

But the state high court ruled Thursday that "the evidence overwhelmingly showed that defendant was a racist who regarded non-Whites as subhuman and who, by his own admission, callously murdered victim Ly 'for (the) racial movement'."

Ly was in-line skating on a tennis court at Tustin High School when he was attacked by Lindberg and an accomplice.

In an obscenity-laced letter to a cousin full of misspellings and grammatical errors, Lindberg nonchalantly wrote, using an epithet: "Oh, I killed a ... a while ago."

"I stabbed him in the side about 7 or 8 times he rolled over a little so I stabbed his back about 18 or 19 times then he layed flat and I slit one side of his throught on his jugular vain," Lindberg wrote. "Oh, the sounds the guy was making were like uhhh..."

Authorities also found racist materials, including anti-Semitic paraphernalia, in Lindberg's Tustin apartment.

Ly was a graduate of UCLA and Georgetown University whose goal was to become U.S. ambassador to Vietnam.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-de...story?track=rss

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually Scandinavian (Swedish gentile) rather than Jewish.

Lucky Lindy's bio (reference only due to obviously similar name)

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Timeline

Ah, ok. Thanks...I had tried to find out by searching online. :yes::thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Authorities also found racist materials, including anti-Semitic paraphernalia, in Lindberg's Tustin apartment.

He killed a Vietnamese guy who he thought was Jewish?

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

I don't think that was it, he killed him because he wasn't 'white'. However, I don't think the guy really has the mental capacity to understand what he killed the person over because beyond 'I hate everyone who isn't white' it would appear he hasn't thought anything through to any logical conclusion.

My instinct is that this person is mentally deranged, or whatever the politically correct way of expressing that is.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

No, the killer's name is Lindberg - which had me wondering if he might be part Jewish.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

No, the killer's name is Lindberg - which had me wondering if he might be part Jewish.

Your question kind of reminds me of some of the old Howard Stern radio shows back when it was on free public access radio. Howard used to have Daniel Carver, Imperial Wizard and Grand Dragon of the "Invisible Empire, Knights of the Ku Klux Klan" on his show for cheap laughs. Howard used to ask him if Jews and Italians were considered white.

Actually those old shows were a riot, but it ain't for the faint of heart or people with thin skin. In the call in segment of the show Carver whipped the audience into a frenzied rage. The guy was in rare form in those days. They didn't call Howard Stern a shock jock for no reason.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

I think its more painful for this scumbag to rot in prison the rest of his life rather than to execute him. I've had several white supremacists threaten me. But every time, I would stand up to them, and they'd wimp out. Too bad this loser had an accomplice and a weapon. His victim didn't stand a chance. I never carry weapons, but my tactic has always been to focus my rage on just one white supremacist, and they always back down.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Paula Lindberg-Salomon (Contralto)

Born: December 21, 1897 - Frankenthal/Pfalz, Germany

Died: 2000

The German-Jewish contralto, Paula Lindberg, received her training mainly with Julius von Raatz-Brockmann in Berlin.

Paula Lindberg became in the 1920's one the most well-known German concert alto singers. She appeared as a soloist in Beethoven's 9th Symphony, in Matthäus-Passion (BWV 244) by J.S. Bach, in Messiah by Händel, in Lied von der Erde by Gustav Mahler, and performed an extensive concert repertoire. She appeared often in works from the Baroque era. From Berlin she went to an expanded concert activity. On the other hand she could be heard on the opera stage in only one role, as Erda in the Nibelungenring. In 1929 she sang at the Grand Théâtre Geneva. During she was based in Berlin. As a Jewish in Germany she had hard times in the years after 1933. In 1937 she still appeared in concerts of the Jewish Culture Federation in Berlin, however could leave Germany then and flee to Holland. After the occupation of this country in 1940 by the German troops, she was arrested and kidnapped to a concentration camp, however could get over this terrible time and return to Holland.

After the war Paula Lindberg became highly outstanding teacher and still worked as such in the 1960's in Amsterdam. After her marriage she also appeared under the name Paula Lindberg-Salomon.

Recordings: on Parlophon; although Paula Lindberg was not actually an opera singer, she sings on this label in a selection from the opera Martha by Flotow the role of Nancy, also Rheintoechterterzett from Götterdämmerung with Elisabeth Kühnlein and Alfhild Petzet under Max von Schillimgs; on Derba scenes from Carmen. For the Jewish company Lukraphon she recorded on Parlophon Jewish sacred music, in which Joseph Schmidt participated also.

Source: Operissimo Website, English translation by Aryeh Oron (May 2005)

Contributed by Aryeh Oron (May 2005)

Like alot of European names it could be.

Edited by WideAwakeInTheUSA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
What a chopf@ck. Though, I am still against the death penalty.

sometimes, you just have to put down a rabid dog.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

So...I imagine you'll be there for the poor guy on death watch at his candle light vigil to protest the injustice. It's the least you can do to show your empathy and compassion for a fellow human being. :whistle:

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Timeline

So...I imagine you'll be there for the poor guy on death watch at his candle light vigil to protest the injustice. It's the least you can do to show your empathy and compassion for a fellow human being. :whistle:

I didn't say I condone his actions. I said I am against the death penalty. Learn to read now, will you?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I didn't say I condone his actions. I said I am against the death penalty. Learn to read now, will you?

Would you attend a candle vigil to protest Lindberg's execution?

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

If that really would achieve something in terms of changing the justice system yes but not as some empty gesture. However candlelight vigils are probably not very effective.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .