SpiritAlight

Love advice, LIVE on VJ!

111 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think that's great Spirit.

Sounds to me like he is not really 'not on board' with you, he sounds to me like the kind of person that needs to take a little time to ponder things.

You, obviously, are the more spontaneous of the two. If he said to you "I think I have found a fixer upper boat on the west coast we can live in while fixing - but it leaks a bit" - before he could finish you would be stuffing your shtuff in your duffle bag.

So he's a thinker...a ponderer...that's not a bad thing. If he could express that to you - if he said to you:

Spirit: "What about doing something so radical, so different, it defies typical social structure."

Spirit's Husband : "You know i'm a thinker Spirit, I need to ponder this and move it around in my brain a bit, absorb, explore, let me sit with this for a day or two"

Would you then be describing him as a 'deep thinker' rather than a person not willing to commit to an adventure.

Ramblin ramblin - anyway...those were just thoughts that came to me while reading this.

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds to me like he is not really 'not on board' with you, he sounds to me like the kind of person that needs to take a little time to ponder things.

You, obviously, are the more spontaneous of the two. If he said to you "I think I have found a fixer upper boat on the west coast we can live in while fixing - but it leaks a bit" - before he could finish you would be stuffing your shtuff in your duffle bag.

So he's a thinker...a ponderer...that's not a bad thing. If he could express that to you - if he said to you:

Spirit: "What about doing something so radical, so different, it defies typical social structure."

Spirit's Husband : "You know i'm a thinker Spirit, I need to ponder this and move it around in my brain a bit, absorb, explore, let me sit with this for a day or two"

Would you then be describing him as a 'deep thinker' rather than a person not willing to commit to an adventure.

Ramblin ramblin - anyway...those were just thoughts that came to me while reading this.

This IS my husband.. totally.. you nailed him!! :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Trailmix! you are a Goddess-send!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to thank you for turning it upside down-inside out.

Perspective.

This is good.

:D

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

I find boys need to slow cook about stuff.. you pop an idea in their brains.. leave it stew for a few days and they "generally" return to you in a few days and say "you know what.. i've had this GREAT idea" (totally forgetting its your idea in the first place) :lol:

This is what my mother did when she wanted something done on our house. She would plant the idea in my dad's head and a few days later he would come back and say to her "let's do this to the house." My mom always said "If you want something, make him think it was his idea." Seemed to work for her.

I haven't had to try this - yet!!!!

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I find boys need to slow cook about stuff.. you pop an idea in their brains.. leave it stew for a few days and they "generally" return to you in a few days and say "you know what.. i've had this GREAT idea" (totally forgetting its your idea in the first place) :lol:

This is what my mother did when she wanted something done on our house. She would plant the idea in my dad's head and a few days later he would come back and say to her "let's do this to the house." My mom always said "If you want something, make him think it was his idea." Seemed to work for her.

I haven't had to try this - yet!!!!

:lol: your mum sounds like a very smart lady :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

You are all so sweet.

And what works for some people does not work for every one.

I do not mean to put any of this advice (proof of things working) down, it just is not the way I live nor want to live in any time in the future.

I get that my sweetie needs time to think things through.

And I am on my own timeline...live in my own timezone, so to speak.

And so...

In needing to continue living my life with full integrity, I cannot swallow what the majority of society does; whether it is simply just to get along, or to not have a confrontation.

How can I make myself wait when I feel like the world in general cannot keep up with me?

I'm exhausted.

I am fighting my very nature.

And what will I win?

I am having a really hard day.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.