jess290681

USCIS update on processing times

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Did you all have a look at the updated processing dates? NYC is now apparently on August 3, 2007. Looks like we haven't moved very far along in a month - that's if you believe the processing dates.

They also put the processing dates as reported on August 15th, somehow they only managed to post that onto the site 14 days later???

C'mon USCIS, you're not leading us to believe you're working very hard over there!

I know I'll get some people on here telling me that they're "working very hard" but I must say it's a little hard to believe when they're moving so slowly that they can't even be bothered to update us...even if it is bad news!

Filed N-400 with VSC January 3, 2008

Biometrics done February 1, 2008

Interview in LI October 21, 2008

Oath in Brooklyn November 18, 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Did you all have a look at the updated processing dates? NYC is now apparently on August 3, 2007. Looks like we haven't moved very far along in a month - that's if you believe the processing dates.

They also put the processing dates as reported on August 15th, somehow they only managed to post that onto the site 14 days later???

C'mon USCIS, you're not leading us to believe you're working very hard over there!

I know I'll get some people on here telling me that they're "working very hard" but I must say it's a little hard to believe when they're moving so slowly that they can't even be bothered to update us...even if it is bad news!

well for k1 processing time it seems to have moved back wards to jan 2 it was either the 17th or 18th no wonder they have had our case for a year

they keep going back wards

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I am AOS and EAD filers and now they did backward, too. From 04/16/2008 to 04/01/2008. So insane. I cannot work, get a driver license or cannot even do anything without EAD. So retard. I cannot even start job hunting. I paid over 1000dollar for this case and now they are being so lazy. I know they get a lot of applications, but it does not mean that they can simply say oh we are delayed! We all paid so much money from our paychecks and a lot of people are apart from loved ones still. especially those who cannot enter the US yet. And a lot of people are having a hard time because they are stuck at home like me. It is so hard to live with one income with this bad economy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/19 AOS package has been mailed

7/21 AOS package was arrived in Chicogo.

7/28 NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP

8/15 Biometric done

Hi everyone, there has been lots of talk all over the web, not just VJ and a couple have even spent the time to get through to a real life person at the USCIS, from the four reports I've read the timelines may not actually be accurate.

It is all due to a problem with the computer systems. Which is why the update didn't come out when it was suppose to. Apparently CRIS is affected too.

I know that John and I have been coming unglued so we have decided not to look anymore, its just too hard to believe we are going backwards.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hi everyone, there has been lots of talk all over the web, not just VJ and a couple have even spent the time to get through to a real life person at the USCIS, from the four reports I've read the timelines may not actually be accurate.

It is all due to a problem with the computer systems. Which is why the update didn't come out when it was suppose to. Apparently CRIS is affected too.

I know that John and I have been coming unglued so we have decided not to look anymore, its just too hard to believe we are going backwards.

Disgusting, St. Paul is processing N-400's 8Sep07 and our application was accepted 31Mar08, except for one minor difference, wife is taking her oath in four days. You can't believe those processing dates, never could, but yet they are the de facto standard for handling delayed cases.

I instructed my wife to get an international drivers license, my insurance company did recognize it and gave her full coverage. It was a long wait also for her EAD and guess she wasn't accustomed to being married to a guy that could support her. So she got involved with charity work and once word got around, everybody was calling her. That kept her busy while I was at work, my sisters are the same way, have to work to be happy and feel like they are accomplishing something. Yes, we reported those fund raising organizations on the N-400. We like many others have been dealing with the USCIS for well over five years now with sending the same evidence three times with minor updates, the waiting, fees, restrictions, and insecurity about the future of your family, gets old very quick.

In case you didn't see this, here are metrics about N-400's from September. I assume it is time from submission to completion.

Data from September.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

K-1 Timeline in Profile (our story)

Church wedding Sept 18

NOA1's for AOS/EAD received Sept 20 MSC #

Biometrics completed Nov 5 2004

EAD Approval Dec 29 2004

AOS appointment letter received Feb 3 2005

AOS interview scheduled for March 9 2005

AOS interview mostly fine, just need I-693 supplement filled out by civil surgeon

Spend another $40 for I-693 form, sent to local USCIS office registered mail, arrived March 11 2005

AOS finally approved March 25th 2005

Green card arrives about 10 days later

!!Green card has incorrect middle name!! Thanks USCIS

Travel back to Denver, turn in card and I-90 to correct their mistake.

Application accepted, asked for I-551 stamp, they told me "We don't do stamps anymore"

NOA1 for I-90 received from NSC April 18 2005, fee waived

NSC appears to have stoped processing I-90's

Marilyn needs to travel back to the RP, call Senators office for help with green card or I-551 stamp

Travel back to Denver July 1, 2005 and received I-551 stamp in the passport.

Already one of the slowest local offices, Charleston, SC's N-400 processing date went backwards, too. Last month, it said they were processing N-400's from July 6, 2007. (Our's was sent in Aug 07.) Today's update shows a date of April 24, 2007.

It has now been almost 13 months since submitting our N-400. Soooooo annoying. :(

Edited by DDL

Visit my Blog

In case you didn't see this, here are metrics about N-400's from September. I assume it is time from submission to completion.

Data from September.

Try this link instead, the other one worked yesterday. Charleston, SC appears to be 14.1 months, start to finish.

Edited by hotairguy

K-1 Timeline in Profile (our story)

Church wedding Sept 18

NOA1's for AOS/EAD received Sept 20 MSC #

Biometrics completed Nov 5 2004

EAD Approval Dec 29 2004

AOS appointment letter received Feb 3 2005

AOS interview scheduled for March 9 2005

AOS interview mostly fine, just need I-693 supplement filled out by civil surgeon

Spend another $40 for I-693 form, sent to local USCIS office registered mail, arrived March 11 2005

AOS finally approved March 25th 2005

Green card arrives about 10 days later

!!Green card has incorrect middle name!! Thanks USCIS

Travel back to Denver, turn in card and I-90 to correct their mistake.

Application accepted, asked for I-551 stamp, they told me "We don't do stamps anymore"

NOA1 for I-90 received from NSC April 18 2005, fee waived

NSC appears to have stoped processing I-90's

Marilyn needs to travel back to the RP, call Senators office for help with green card or I-551 stamp

Travel back to Denver July 1, 2005 and received I-551 stamp in the passport.

Guys, they are doing the best they can. I really don't think they are sitting around doing nothing. They are not LAZY!!! And even if they are doing nothing, I would too given all the bureaucratic nonsense they have to deal with every single day. They had 2.5 million applications last year during July and August. That's alot of applications!! They have to go thru every single application and make sure that everything is in order. Relax! things will happen in time. I've been dealing with the USCIS for the last 12 years. Trust me they have come a long long way. :yes:

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.