w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

In 2006, Sarah Palin advocated for creationism in science class!

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

By TOM KIZZIA

Anchorage Daily News

Published: October 27, 2006

The volatile issue of teaching creation science in public schools popped up in the Alaska governor's race this week when Republican Sarah Palin said she thinks creationism should be taught alongside evolution in the state's public classrooms.

Her main opponents, Democrat Tony Knowles and Independent Andrew Halcro, said such alternatives to evolution should be kept out of science classrooms.

The teaching of creationism, which relies on the biblical account of the creation of life, has been ruled by the U.S. Supreme Court as an unconstitutional injection of religion into public education.

http://dwb.adn.com/news/politics/elections...p-8243554c.html

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

at least she didn't want it exclusively.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

So, as long as she allows science to be taught, it doesn't matter if we allow a little drivel to be brought into science classes? How about we allow schools to teach the earth is flat too? After all, we might all be suffereing from a devil induced mass delusion when we get in aeroplanes and fly around the globe so you know, lets allow those who believe that to have their say?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

So, as long as she allows science to be taught, it doesn't matter if we allow a little drivel to be brought into science classes? How about we allow schools to teach the earth is flat too? After all, we might all be suffereing from a devil induced mass delusion when we get in aeroplanes and fly around the globe so you know, lets allow those who believe that to have their say?

not too accepting of other beliefs, are you? :jest:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Accepting someone's belief system and allowing someone to preach their belief system to children in the guise of 'science' are rather different things.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Accepting someone's belief system and allowing someone to preach their belief system to children in the guise of 'science' are rather different things.

Why not? A lot of people want the religion of global warming taught also.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Religion has no place in the science classroom.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Religion has no place in the science classroom public education.

There, fixxored.

Timeline

Why not? A lot of people want the religion of global warming taught also.

zing!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

By TOM KIZZIA

Anchorage Daily News

Published: October 27, 2006

The volatile issue of teaching creation science in public schools popped up in the Alaska governor's race this week when Republican Sarah Palin said she thinks creationism should be taught alongside evolution in the state's public classrooms.

Her main opponents, Democrat Tony Knowles and Independent Andrew Halcro, said such alternatives to evolution should be kept out of science classrooms.

The teaching of creationism, which relies on the biblical account of the creation of life, has been ruled by the U.S. Supreme Court as an unconstitutional injection of religion into public education.

http://dwb.adn.com/news/politics/elections...p-8243554c.html

The issue has been about christian creationism. I wonder how receptive those who are pushing for creationism to be taught in science classes would be to also having creationism from all major world religions being taught as well.

keTiiDCjGVo

The issue has been about christian creationism. I wonder how receptive those who are pushing for creationism to be taught in science classes would be to also having creationism from all major world religions being taught as well.

Exactly. Good post.

Religious education is not something that should happen in public schools. Either put your kiddies in a school of your own faith, or teach them yourself.

Edited by Len_and_Bren

Who wants the 'religion' of global warming taught in the classroom? Global warming is a scientific theory with a plethora of scientific data that is being used to evaluate the theory. It's not a theory that is using a book written by man 2000 years ago and counting to evaluate the theory.

Who wants the 'religion' of global warming taught in the classroom? Global warming is a scientific theory with a plethora of scientific data that is being used to evaluate the theory. It's not a theory that is using a book written by man 2000 years ago and counting to evaluate the theory.

I see your a devotee of the religion. The two ideas (creationism and man made global warming) have about the same basis in facts.