idocare

Article I ran across

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

If i am who i say i am? And then you expect me to share my experiences?

i do not understand why you personal attack me at first, when i only make comment about a very insulting and demeaning link about my culture. If someone should have posted such a thing that offened you, am sure you would have responded or questioned why, and feel the need to speak. With being new to the understanding of this site. Tell me how after reading all the guiding information, that the first time i visit the "africa" thread the topic at heading is that nonsense. And how as an african man i could ignore the obvious malicious intention without even questioning it?

i do not need anyone to tell me about the way to handle degradation, nor enlighten me on public forums and the ignorance they bring out. I was merely trying to define the nature of the post, and stand up for my right to share an opinion just like you. When you experience constant negativity, race and culture prejudice, and live in the shadow of doubt by most around you due to the country you where born and raised in, then you can speak of "ignoring" what makes you feel uncomfortable. I spend much time on here all day, and see the kind of person this "idocare" is. But i also do not feel my sincerity should have been questioned given the nature of this persons former postings. I do not find other new members being doubted or confronted in this manner. It would have been kindly appreciated if you had just explained the situation instead of making it to seem i was the one who did something wrong. But as it goes people see things diferent, and as pointed out this is a public board where one can say anything they choose. Just know that those of us who are subjected to abuse daily will never be humiliated into silence, nor pass up a chance to defend ones integrity and culture.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

And I agree with you 100%. One should not allow degrading of any one's culture and that is the reason I have always posted freely in response

to culture slander in threads such as these. If you have studied threads here as you say you will know my stand on that.

My thoughts led me to believe that the OP ( original poster ) of this thread created another ID ( loving_my_boo ) to start a flame war.

It is a very common thing to do to start trolling the board , given the immediate new ID after the bump of the thread and the manner in which it appeared. Happens often, go to OT ( Off Topic ) and watch it unfold. My apologies if you are truly new here. We see it all the time though that old members appear as new ones for varies reasons.

I also have an analytical mind and observe the writing style of a new ID, the change of their English changing midway through a post, the grammar, run on sentences, pattern of time of posting and repeated verbal expression as their true self to have arrived at a certain conclusion.

I said if you are truly who you say you are etc.etc...........meaning a new member on board and not the OP in disguise to use the ignore button feature because you seemed frustrated to the point of not returning. I extended my kindness to you and hoped that you would remain here.

I believe I have clarified my post and do not wish to further engage in a back and forth about this. I do not mean to offend and am in agreement

with the essence of your posts and am not the enemy here, just cautious about the new ID.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you would click on different countries you will see that the statistics for other countries percentage is no different than Nigeria. There is more on that site for the eye to see. I checked out the statistics for the United States and was amazed at the information.

Don't take my word, check it out for yourself.

Thanks

Edited by LostinTranslation

Timeline
I was going to bite my tongue but.....:whistle:

I don't understand why such articles still exist today :angry: This whole caveman, archaic, primitive mentality, sexually repressed/oppressed/stressed is soooooo last century.

Anyone who claims to have been to any of the 50+ countries in Africa would know that this article is a bunch of #######.

And the fact that it is written by their fellow countrymen/women is disgusting.

Do they have such a low view of their own people that they would go out and publish such drivel as this? Sounds like they all need a good man/woman to show them a few things :devil: Maybe I should pass out my number to them :innocent:

I guess for those of us in successful relationships we snagged the only good men/women on the whole African continent. After all, there is no way that they can all be reasonable, modern, educated, romantic people :bonk:

Who comes up with this garbage anyway :wacko: ?

check out other countries on that website, don't see much different in other countries.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Some cant enjoy life unless there is drama. I used to work with autistic children and to relax they would jump off high furniture. and they would love sour candy because they needed extremes to make them feel alive. I had one student who would take off his shoes and slap his feet on the floor as he was walking because it gave him a sense of placement in the world around him. To some heartache and reliving the pain are welcomed because at least they feel alive. Remember the tin man? "now I know I have a heart, cause its breaking." Its sad but for some having someone to hate at least gives them a sense of passion in life.

03/09/2013: Married

09/10/2013: Sent I-130

09/12/2013: Case Received.

03/04/2014: Petition transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

03/25/2014: I-130 Petition approved

03/28/2014: Petition sent to NVC

04/09/2014: NVC received case

05/08/2014: NVC assigned case number

05/16/2014: Paid AOS fee

10/02/2014: Case Closed

10/10/2014: Interview Date Scheduled

11/17/2014: Interview - APPROVED!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm sure Idocare logs in everyday to read what heydey she has caused. While everyone else tries to figure out #######. Typical of her. And please don't say I don't know her story, because that would not be a true statement.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dang yall....a girl leaves to have surgery, and comes back to find the hatorade is again flowin!!!! Na wah oo..I also "ignored" the first time the site was posted.(trying to be a good girl and not take the bait!) but seeing that another new member has fallen victim made me feel the need to give my 2 cents. (again)

Omoba...u kno you my girl, but i have to respectfully say that Miss Thang has got ur number! She got u "reacting" which is what she thrives on. We all know that newbies have been upset by her postings in the past. How can anyone not be? But we can't just go assuming they are not really new members. And we cant go thinking every new member is really her, trying to bait us. You see what im sayin? I didnt see a bait at all...I saw a question from someone who was offended. All of us are guilty of "reacting" when somethin gets under our skin. I kinda feel bad for the poor guy...he had no clue about this issue.

Me just think...she pops up whenever theres a calm, and waits for someone to bite. :devil: This time someone else did first, not one of us!..but she got her drama anyway, and she got to u mama :no::bonk:

To the new members: PLZZZZZZZZZZ do a little homework by reading the archives before u react to a negative post. There are some really disgruntled SO's out there...and although we feel their pain, we dont support their continued generalizations or culture bashing. The majority of us are cool peeps...really we are :yes::)

Peace yall,

Eb

Oh..BTW...that article was hilarious :rofl: Thanks i needed a good laugh (even tho it hurts when i laugh...ouch) Dont worry ma african kings...ur true sistahs kno dang well yall aint like that....duh :wacko::P ....else we wouldnt be lovin yo butts... :D

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hey EQ, sorry about your surgery, hope you are feeling better. :)

This was the first newbie I suspected of not being a newbie. I have always defended newbies. Always. The style and timing of this one was in my opinion someone else and not a Nigerian man.

I tried to make my peace with this person but in return he /she /it focused on bringing the issue out in another thread. It was in that one where I said I took the bait ..........to respond, because it was an update thread and I didn't want to derail that thread.

The newbie deflected quickly away from the offending article and mentioned my particular reply in several other posts.

I had ended my initial post to the newbie by welcoming words but the shift from the offensive article to me in the following posts added to my suspicion among many other things.

I think it is best to bury this thread , it was already dead. :dead: twice !

Timeline

Sorry, maybe I am just blind, but I don't see anything offensive by this article. Of course, I was born and raised in US. I have a hard time not believing much of the article, and of course, to each person, and from each different tribe it might apply differently.

When I visited Nigeria and got married last year, I didn't get the full taste of the country, because my time was so limited as to what I could do. I did notice proverty, I did notice police corruption, and I did notice many other things that would take me forever to label. I just have to say that we must look at things with open eyes, and not always dismiss anything and everything that contradicts your beliefs on a particular subject. For had I kept my mind closed, I wouldn't be married to my beautiful wife today.

Timeline

Just as the Maasi tribe has had many changes over the years, I believe Africa as a whole has

changed and will continue to do so. I, like Toyin didn't get to see alot of the country but

did experience some of the same things. (Poverty, Corruption, Bribes )

Most of the people that I communicated with while there were very warm and friendly.

Being that my son is Nigerian I tend to read up on his culture alot, don't want to be caught

out there when my son gets older and can't tell him anything about his people.....hehehe

Sometimes when you know what a tribe has gone thru, or what they once believed, you

can relate to the people they have presently become.

Obama once said by going to his fathers land and meeting his family there he now under-

stands himself better. ( Not a verbatim qoute)

I'm thinking that this authur wrote this article ( could be a school thesis ) based on

her/his knowledge, experience, or personel research but I found it very informative

Although it may provide some insight to earlier years in Nigeria I enjoyed reading it

and hope that others can read it and possible appreciate it for what it is.

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Timeline
Just as the Maasi tribe has had many changes over the years, I believe Africa as a whole has

changed and will continue to do so. I, like Toyin didn't get to see alot of the country but

Most of the people that I communicated with while there were very warm and friendly.

Being that my son is Nigerian I tend to read up on his culture alot, don't want to be caught

out there when my son gets older and can't tell him anything about his people.....hehehe

Sometimes when you know what a tribe has gone thru, or what they once believed, you

Obama once said by going to his fathers land and meeting his family there he now under-

I'm thinking that this authur wrote this article ( could be a school thesis ) based on

her/his knowledge, experience, or personel research but I found it very informative

Although it may provide some insight to earlier years in Nigeria I enjoyed reading it

idocare

Timeline

My pc alignment is acting up.

idocare

Timeline

Thats exactly what I was reading it for, I'm sorry you took flack for posting the article. I have shared it with a few other friends, who didn't grow up in Nigeria, but would be interested in understanding somethings about our cultural past. For anybody thinking that there isn't some truth to it, I feel sorry for them because they are naive. Thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...

Well appreciated and my opinion? Some are true and others.... "total bull s###! or is it Cow dung? That's my opinion and i'm glad i'm entitled to it.

Now for the rest of my "Opinion"

If you love your son as much as i assume and want to learn about his people and give him background knowledge when the questions starts popping out i think it would be wise to dwell on the beautiful sides not the nasty stinky side of Africa and or Nigeria and Nigerians in particular. ...

Again... that was my "Opinion" very informative, especially for someone needing enough to while away time.

But reading previous threads seems to have beclouded my sense of comprehension as it seems you have access and informations to the worse publications and Information about Africa/Nigerian, but i'm glad someone takes that much time to help us dig em all out.

Your son would need to also be proud of his origin, He is Nigerian too and no matter what His very Bad daddy had done, he ll still be one.

Since you have so much time and do post a lot of these threads that seems to captivate us so much can you also help us find upbuilding details of Nigeria, as i know and have seen that the good ol' Nigerians are not only beautiful but truely loyal...!

Throw out the rotten Oranges and store the fresh ones...

I am glad you take or devote much of your time to studying Africa but with Nigeria as a major and i hope your view changes or relaxes a bit.

We aint all that bad..

Now i'm scared to hit the post button... but i will anyway as when the bullets starts Flying i can also excercise another right....

The right to hit the ignore button!!!

Gawd how i love democracy!

Beauty...

Edited by Beautiful_years

K-1 TIMELINE

I-129F Sent :2007-09-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-10

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-09-30

Visa Approved :2008-01-07

Consulate Received : 2008-01-14

Interview Date : 2008-06-02

Visa Received : 2008-06-12

US Entry : 2008-06-26

Marriage : 2008-08-02

Total days from filling 1-129F till Interview 270days

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 12, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (finally)

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Sept 18, 2008- Noas AOS/EAD/AP (yaay!!)

Oct 7th 2008- Case transferred to CSC

Oct 15, 2008- Biometric APPT (smooth and quick)

Oct 16, 2008- Case pending ......

Update....

EAD Card production ordered ........ 12/03/2008

Ap approved...approval notice sent 12/03/2008

Ap arrives in mail... dated ..............12/12/2008

EAD approval mail sent ..................12/11/2008

EAD arrives in mail ........................12/15/2008

AOS Touched .................................01/12/2009

AOS card production ordered...........02/27/2009

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Jan 1st 2011 mailed in I751

Feb 15th 2011 Biometric appointment

May 24th 2011 Petition Approved

May 25th 2011 Card production ordered

May 31st 2011 Card recieved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.