evijack

I'm going to go postal on the USCIS people.

22 posts in this topic

It really depends on your congressman's people whether their contact will help. However, if you explain what you want (to be transfered to California like so many who filed from September 2007 - February 2008 or to be adjudicated immediately) and give backing information -- explain how people are being transfered, why you believe you should also be transfered, request an explanation as to why you have not been transfered, as well as explaining that this is supposed to be a FIFO process but based on information from self-reports on visajourney.com it is clear that Vermont has not been going by a FIFO process within a given petition class, AND that USCIS told the Ombudsman that they would honor the RECEIVED date and not determine position in line by the NOA1 date but it doesn't appear that has been the case...

If you have a good congressional office, yes it will help. At the very least it will bring attention to your case.

If they don't press or just take the word of Vermont, eh, it is anyone's guess.

But I can tell you now that making Vermont upset with you by being rude on the phone isn't going to help so do try to remain calm even though it is very difficult.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Filed: Timeline
If you have a good congressional office, yes it will help. At the very least it will bring attention to your case.

If they don't press or just take the word of Vermont, eh, it is anyone's guess.

But I can tell you now that making Vermont upset with you by being rude on the phone isn't going to help so do try to remain calm even though it is very difficult.

excellent advice all around. I'm calling my congressman now, will update you all.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

I-130 Sent : 2007-11-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-29

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I've just about had it. :angry:

I sent in my I-130 and got my receipt (NOA1) on 1/29/2008.please be specifc when u sent the application in As of 8/29/2008 it will be 210 days. I called USCIS and got a very rude person telling me to check the website and just wait "as the applications are processed in the order they are received" yet I am seeing that people who file their I-130 in march, april, may are getting their NO2's/approvals months before me!!!!

I also looked on the uscis site and looked into this "touch" thing. I found out it hasn't been "touched" since february 24th!!!! This is really getting under my skin. Someone please tell me something to restore my faith in humanity!:angry: :angry: :angry:

BTW, I've looked into some contingency plans, and I will need some help from the VJ crew. Pleaaaaassssseee help!!!!

Some facts: she is a korean national and we got married in korea. I got receipt for the I-130 end of january (NOA1).

1) Is it worth it at this point to file the I-129 to get a K-3 visa? i dont think its worth it at this point

2) What if she enters on a B2 visa just to stay with me? If we are living together in the US and then we get the I-130 approved while she is here, can we still do the adjustment of status? Will she get booted out even though she's married to me? this can be considered visa fraud and can lead u into additional problems..i wudnt recommend doing it and so wont any lawyer.

3) Should I panic at this point? As the "normal" wait time is 180 days, although on the tracker on the front page of VJ it says it's about 258 days for the VCS. u shud call ur congressman/senator

4) Do "touches" actually mean anything? I'm a bit freaked out since mine has not been touched since 2/24. I've spent the last 4 hours reading the forums and found totally contradicting information. touches are always a good thing. they give u an idea that ur case is not lost and is being worked on.

5) Are the processing timeframes from the official uscis site really accurate? accoring to this: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=VSC they are STILL working on I-130 forms from sept 03, 2007!!!!! in my opinion these dates are bogus and dont mean anything

please read my responses above in italics. i hope it helps.

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

I sent in my I-130 and got my receipt (NOA1) on 1/29/2008.please be specifc when u sent the application in As of 8/29/2008 it will be 210 days. I called USCIS and got a very rude person telling me to check the website and just wait "as the applications are processed in the order they are received" yet I am seeing that people who file their I-130 in march, april, may are getting their NO2's/approvals months before me!!!!

I also looked on the uscis site and looked into this "touch" thing. I found out it hasn't been "touched" since february 24th!!!! This is really getting under my skin. Someone please tell me something to restore my faith in humanity!:angry: :angry: :angry:

BTW, I've looked into some contingency plans, and I will need some help from the VJ crew. Pleaaaaassssseee help!!!!

Some facts: she is a korean national and we got married in korea. I got receipt for the I-130 end of january (NOA1).

1) Is it worth it at this point to file the I-129 to get a K-3 visa? i dont think its worth it at this point

2) What if she enters on a B2 visa just to stay with me? If we are living together in the US and then we get the I-130 approved while she is here, can we still do the adjustment of status? Will she get booted out even though she's married to me? this can be considered visa fraud and can lead u into additional problems..i wudnt recommend doing it and so wont any lawyer.

3) Should I panic at this point? As the "normal" wait time is 180 days, although on the tracker on the front page of VJ it says it's about 258 days for the VCS. u shud call ur congressman/senator

4) Do "touches" actually mean anything? I'm a bit freaked out since mine has not been touched since 2/24. I've spent the last 4 hours reading the forums and found totally contradicting information. touches are always a good thing. they give u an idea that ur case is not lost and is being worked on.

5) Are the processing timeframes from the official uscis site really accurate? accoring to this: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=VSC they are STILL working on I-130 forms from sept 03, 2007!!!!! in my opinion these dates are bogus and dont mean anything

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

you are not alone in this. We are also experiencing almost the same thing! Like you we submitted our paperworks Jan 24, 2008 and we are seeing people who are being approved and got an interview already even though we are ahead of them. I tried calling the USCIS office and told me they cant spare me some info coz I'm not the petitioner eh? I told them he's at work.. well.. i couldnt really do much about it.. We emailed the congressman but no reply.. Called/Emailed the NVC told us the same thing... not in their system yet. My fiance will be here on Sunday Aug 31, 2008 and we're gonna call everybody from USCIS. Don't lose hope people just hang in there! Although, I'm into losing mine! lol

Timeline

Evijack ....here are my simple advise for you:

1) Just wait like any , have strong faith and hope you will be done next ..

2)try B!/B2 visa with strong ties to his/her home country that she will go back once visa expires.Be honest in the process that ,if they ask you have u ever applied for immigration petition ? you say "yes"

3)Contacting President /Vice president is better than contacting the congressman (just my experience) but you should have valid reason for example : your file is beyond processing times or medical reason or financial hard times etc., other wise USCIS send congressman " nice printout of web processing times stating that your file is with in processing limits"then your congressman mails you the same stuff what you see on USCIS web site everyday.

Wishing you good luck..man

11/25/07 Marriage

Vermont Service center

USCIS Journey CR1/IR1

01/06/08 Sent I-130

01/08/08 I-130 received at chicago lock box (USPS)

02/08/08 NOA1 Notice Date

02/12/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy

08/11/08 Received approval email (after 7 months and 3 days...Waiting)

08/15/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy

NVC Journey

08/13/08 NVC case# assigned

08/19/08 DS-3032 e mail sent and got auto response

08/20/08 Received IIN#(one nice rep gave me number)

08/22/08 paid I-864 bill online

08/23/08 I-864 bill status "PAID" online(saturday) but AVR message says " case number assigned ....blah

08/23/08 Printed out I-864 package online and Barcode sheet

08/25/08 I-864 package sent overnight

08/25/08 DS3032 Hardcopy sent by express mail (Hopefully they accept it ..But AVR says AOS fee received/paid on 08/23/08)

08/26/08 I-864 package received per USPS

08/28/08 I-864 package entered into NVC system

08/27/08 NVC accepted DS-3032 (But AVR does not say that)

08/28/08 IV bill generated ( still AVR does NOT say that) but online INVOICE says "NOT PAID"

08/28/08 IV bill paid online "IN PROCESS" status

08/29/08 IV bill "PAID" status (AVR says , they received DS3032)

08/29/08 DS-230 generated

09/02/08 DS-230 and required documents mailed

09/03/08 DS-230 form arrives at NVC per usps

09/04/08 DS-230 information entered into NVC system

09/15/08 CASE COMPLETE(32 days no RFE)

10/15/08 sent to consulate

11/10/08 Medical PASSED

11/18/08 Interview....VISA GRANTED ...

US..

11/29/08 ..POE at Houston

12/15/08 ..Welcome letter

12/16/08 ..SSN received

12/29/08 Green card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

From your case you should have transferred. I would try to make noise about this as much as I can. Although this doesnt help my situation since I am CSC filer in July but I would rather have you approved ahead of me i CSC. Good luck. :thumbs:

I would try as well to do some inquires. It is a very long wait..

I was ready to wait the 6 months like USCIS web site states.

However I-130 received in Chicago on 7/25/08 and on 8/27/08 got email from CRIS about petition been approved by CSC.

I cross my fingers for you..

Also I would try to use their own stick..

http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm

it worked for people I know ...

AOS from B-2

08/05/08 I-485 filed

02/03/09 CGC received

12/09/10 I-751 filed

04/07/11 GC received

11/1/11 N-400 filed

02/24/12 USC

In Polish only. Sytuacja polityczna w Polsce:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.