alienlovechild

Obama Acceptance Speech

42 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Which phrase of the great man's speech will go down in history?

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

For me.. whole thing a big turn off. when he got on his pedastool and began making his speech as if he was in church.. I was waiting for him to do AMEN... (only was able to tune into last 15 min... might I say not impressed!)

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Watched it. (can't believe I watch this stuff all the time now, I feel old and boring:P)

As a supporter of McCain, I will say I think Obama did very well and is a good speaker. For some reason I can handle him and what he says much better than many others in the Democratic party. He doesn't make me cringe. Whether he is sincere or not, his ability to talk about repubs and dems together in parts of his speech, to be unified for common goals, is something positive to hear instead of the same old partisan bitterness. Of course, it did not change my vote.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

As speaches go, it was ok, well delivered for the most part and had all the good ingredients one might expect, plus some. The whole ticker tape parade thing is a big turn off for me, but...

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

As far as acceptance speeches go, it stated the things that needed to be stated and offered up a plate of STFU to those that continue saying there's no substance to Obama. I am sure they'll continue in their self-centered pattern of demanding to see every lined 'T' and dotted 'i', when presented with the letters T and i, but tonight it was all about Obama for President.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline

He certainly sounds a bit more alive than Kerry did, and about 500 times more alive than McCain.

I can respect the energy behind what he says, however, my trust for him following through on them, based upon his state/federal Senate history and his party, is pretty much nil.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Obama Obama Obama Im so sick and tired fo his big mouth.. Did he kiss and make up with Hilary after their nasty exchange of words,,great they're friends now for Politics sake. His big foot in his big mouth. :lol: peace to ya'll!!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
He certainly sounds a bit more alive than Kerry did, and about 500 times more alive than McCain.

I can respect the energy behind what he says, however, my trust for him following through on them, based upon his state/federal Senate history and his party, is pretty much nil.

Did you see the Presidential debates in '04? Based on that performance I'm surprised anyone voted for George. The man was a stammering wreck - not only inarticulate but totally unable to maintain a train of thought. He got so wrapped up in his own rhetoric that he forgot the questions he was being asked.

Timeline

Did you see the Presidential debates in '04? Based on that performance I'm surprised anyone voted for George. The man was a stammering wreck - not only inarticulate but totally unable to maintain a train of thought. He got so wrapped up in his own rhetoric that he forgot the questions he was being asked.

In all honesty, Kerry wasn't very impressive either.

What about this year's debates? Nothing meaningful yet.. and it's a few days away from September, 2 months before election.

These candidates are nothing short of pathetic, and I learned my lesson in voting for Kerry in 2004.

Obama Obama Obama Im so sick and tired fo his big mouth.. Did he kiss and make up with Hilary after their nasty exchange of words,,great they're friends now for Politics sake. His big foot in his big mouth. :lol: peace to ya'll!!

The "we're united" thing kinda made me shake my head, after the extremely divisive primary between those two (Hillary and Obama), so far McCain vs. Obama has started off not even close to half as vitriolic.

Edited by SRVT

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Interesting responses all but nobody could recall a single phrase that was really noteworthy from a candidate who is touted as one the greatest political speakers of the age, had a crowd of 75,000, at an historical moment as the first black presidential nominee of a major party and on the 45th anniversary of MLK's (who wasn't even mentioned) "I have a dream speech".

It was so generic Gore could have given the same speech.

He gave a lot of emphasis to his mother and grandparents in Kansas but his father was only mentioned once I think and his photo wasn't shown. His father didn't play a big role in his life but even his step-father wasn't brought up either. Those seemed to be an intentional omissions to appear like like Joe Blow generic (white) American. Nothing about Indonesia, Hawaii (not sure on Hawaii) or Chicago.

The weird thing is the fireworks in the stadium bit at the end reminded me of the Beijing Olympics. I was expecting a lip-syncing Chinese girl and underaged Chinese gymnasts to pop out in front of Obama's "temple" backdrop.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What about this year's debates? Nothing meaningful yet.. and it's a few days away from September, 2 months before election.

These candidates are nothing short of pathetic, and I learned my lesson in voting for Kerry in 2004.

I dunno - Kerry came across a lot better than Bush IMO. At least he didn't insult the intelligence of the viewing public. Bush is and always was woefully underqualified for the office he holds.

He's really lowered the bar for what people expect from elected officials.

Interesting responses all but nobody could recall a single phrase that was really noteworthy from a candidate who is touted as one the greatest political speakers of the age, had a crowd of 75,000, at an historical moment as the first black presidential nominee of a major party and on the 45th anniversary of MLK's (who wasn't even mentioned) "I have a dream speech".

It was so generic Gore could have given the same speech.

He gave a lot of emphasis to his mother and grandparents in Kansas but his father was only mentioned once I think and his photo wasn't shown. His father didn't play a big role in his life but even his step-father wasn't brought up either. Those seemed to be an intentional omissions to appear like like Joe Blow generic (white) American. Nothing about Indonesia, Hawaii (not sure on Hawaii) or Chicago.

The weird thing is the fireworks in the stadium bit at the end reminded me of the Beijing Olympics. I was expecting a lip-syncing Chinese girl and underaged Chinese gymnasts to pop out in front of Obama's "temple" backdrop.

Nobody could recall? Or maybe they just weren't interested in answering your question.

I know I wasn't ;)

Timeline

I dunno - Kerry came across a lot better than Bush IMO. At least he didn't insult the intelligence of the viewing public. Bush is and always was woefully underqualified for the office he holds.

He's really lowered the bar for what people expect from elected officials.

No doubt that's true, and is pretty much a given that Kerry was better than Bush at debating, but that still isn't saying much. :P

As for being qualified, well, seems qualified enough to the American people, which tells me the people get what they deserve. Thanks, voters!

Nobody could recall? Or maybe they just weren't interested in answering your question.

I know I wasn't ;)

Indeed. No point in answering drivel.