Perfect Couple

Filipino Dishes

63 posts in this topic

I didn't really cook in Philippines a lot in the Phils and did ocassional cooking only! I miss Filipino food and I've been cooking my own dishes but it still taste different hahaha. I miss Phil mangoes coz the green mangoes here aren't sour and their ripe mangoes taste funny!

hey girl, meron filipino store sa raleigh eh, 1 lng... pero at least meron :)

meron cla mango galing stin, meron p nga haleya eh, bangus, dried fish, etc :star: try mo ......sa may capital boulevard xa,, oriental store -- pero filipino store un pati workers at may-ari filipino. :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meron cla mango galing stin, meron p nga haleya eh, bangus, dried fish, etc :star: try mo ......sa may capital boulevard xa,, oriental store -- pero filipino store un pati workers at may-ari filipino. :)

Kainggit! :D I miss our mangoes. Lahat ng mango dito sa amin galing ata ng Mexico? Yung red at green.. hindi yellow. I always tell my husband it's fake mango, haha. Hindi pa rin ako nakakapunta ng Filipino store dito, but I plan to soon. I went to one when I was in Chicago - namakyaw ako ng Pampanga's best na tocino at longganisa!

I-129F sent .........................8/08/2006

Interview............................3/23/2007

VISA RECEIVED .......................3/29/2007

Sent AOS package to CHI..............7/12/2007

Biometrics in CLE, OH................8/14/2007

Interview in CLE, OH................10/16/2007

GREEN CARD RECEIVED.................11/15/2007

Sent ROC to CSC......................8/10/2009

NOA1.................................8/12/2009

Biometrics...........................9/18/2009

Card Production Ordered ............10/01/2009

Sent N400 to AZ lockbox ............11/08/2010

Application received................11/12/2010

Check cashed........................11/15/2010

Biometrics (CLE)....................12/03/2010

Interview (CLE).....................01/14/2010

Oath Taking (CLE)...................02/04/2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi guys,

Been here in US for 3 weeks already, and im quite adjusted with the environment, weather, time and sleeping pattern. i am really happy to be here with my sweety. anyway, i've been experimenting and trying to cook here to please my husband. :lol: im not really a good cook :huh2: , but he liked every Filipino dish I made :dance: sweeeet! :thumbs: . it reminds him of Philippines.

i cooked adobo, menudo, pancit canton, tocino, and caldereta.

Any suggestion of other Filipino dishes? :help::pop:

Gurl, check this site: http://www.pinoyrecipe.net/

I am not a good cook but my told me that one of the secret for cooking is " sangkutsa" ( sauteeing) for example in Menudo, you need garlic, onions and meat then cover for a atleast 15-20mins or if the meat is done the put the remaining ingredients. same with dinuguan ( but not sure if you can get a blood of port in your place..In sinigang its more delicous if the meat is sautee to garlic, onions, tomatoes, fish sauce(patis) and meat.

One more thing.. if the food is prepare with Love, Im sure your husband will really appreciate it!!! :thumbs:

goodluck and happy cooking!!!

02-16-06- met online

07-20-07- first visit to phils

07-26-07-engagement

07-28-07- back to US

09-14-07- submitted I-129F

09-25-07- NOA1

10-25-07 -NOA2

11-01-07- My fiance got a letter from NVC that within 2 weeks Manila Consulate will send my Packet

11-20-07- Date of my Packet, actually the real one was earlier but it was sent somewhere, good thing my Fiance arrived to spent Thanksgiving day in Phils and we checked the status in Embassy.

11-23-07- Medical though the exact date was Nov. 29..

12-06-07- Interview

12-16-07- Visa in hand

01-16-98- Attended CFO

01-18-08- Arrived in USA , POE-Guam

03-16-08- Wedding

AOS

04-17-08- Submitted the AOS

04-24-08- NOA

05-13-08- Biometrics

05-27-08- Transferred to California

06-14-08- EAD card received

07-21-08- Date of AOS approval but got the letter July 24

No Interview, No RFE and Additional Vaccination( just used the SLEC medical docs)

07-22-08- Date of Permanent REsident CARd , got it July 29

07-31-08- apply for SSN

08-05-08-SSN delivery

01-12-09- First day of work(Thanks to Marielle and Mario)

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

sorry, I know this is an old thread but I didn't know where else to ask...

so tomorrow's dinner is going to be Filipino Spaghetti.... I have never had it before but I have heard from a few people that is good...

I still need to find a recipe though.. I was wondering if any of you had a good recipe for it

I know the basic ingredients , tomato sauce, banana ketchup, ground meat, hot dogs... although instead of ground meat I was thinking of using the meatballs I have frozen in the freezer, do you think that would work?...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
Hi guys,

Been here in US for 3 weeks already, and im quite adjusted with the environment, weather, time and sleeping pattern. i am really happy to be here with my sweety. anyway, i've been experimenting and trying to cook here to please my husband. :lol: im not really a good cook :huh2: , but he liked every Filipino dish I made :dance: sweeeet! :thumbs: . it reminds him of Philippines.

i cooked adobo, menudo, pancit canton, tocino, and caldereta.

Any suggestion of other Filipino dishes? :help::pop:

binagoongan ng baboy yummy.

08-21-10-arrive USA

09-03-10-got married

APPLYING AOS

11-15-10-FILING AOS

11- 23-10- noa1

12-09-10-biometric

gary and xtine

sorry, I know this is an old thread but I didn't know where else to ask...

so tomorrow's dinner is going to be Filipino Spaghetti.... I have never had it before but I have heard from a few people that is good...

I still need to find a recipe though.. I was wondering if any of you had a good recipe for it

I know the basic ingredients , tomato sauce, banana ketchup, ground meat, hot dogs... although instead of ground meat I was thinking of using the meatballs I have frozen in the freezer, do you think that would work?...

No problem with using meatballs... and I love 'em lol. But usually Filipinos uses ground meat only for spaghetti. :thumbs:

pqRUHsVw3Lo

Timeline
No problem with using meatballs... and I love 'em lol. But usually Filipinos uses ground meat only for spaghetti. :thumbs:

pqRUHsVw3Lo

the only reason I was thinking of using meatballs is because the hubster prefers to have his spaghetti with meatballs..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

the only reason I was thinking of using meatballs is because the hubster prefers to have his spaghetti with meatballs..

Same here...my husband likes meatballs in his spaghetti and I cooked it Italian style he doesn't like the Filipino way actually he says taste weird I think because there's sweet taste on it when you add the banana ketchup lol. :hehe: But he likes the other stuff like Adobo, Caldereta and Pancit.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
pakbet, tinola, dinuguan, batchoy, pancit malabon, paksiw na isda, paksiw na lechon, lechon kawali, etc... trust me naglalaway na ibang makakabasa nito... hahahaha

:lol::lol::lol:

Hala uy paano kayo makaluto ng dinuguan may dugo ba ng baboy dito? hahahahaha curious lang nasa CA ako meron ba talaga? pleeeeaaaasssssseeeee miss ko na talaga ang dinuguan...

SANY0329-1.jpgSANY0550-2.jpgSANY0557-2.jpgSANY0356-1.jpg

dogdogcrd20100809_-8_Nycole+Bethany+is.png

Timeline
Same here...my husband likes meatballs in his spaghetti and I cooked it Italian style he doesn't like the Filipino way actually he says taste weird I think because there's sweet taste on it when you add the banana ketchup lol. :hehe: But he likes the other stuff like Adobo, Caldereta and Pancit.

I just made the sauce and I like the sweetness of it.. I kind of ad-libbed the recipe.. I threw things in from a couple of different recipes I found...

I just fried up some onion, garlic and bell pepper.... and then added a tad bit of salt and pepper and soy sauce... then I added a can of sgetti sauce, some tomato paste, some banana ketchup, some tomato ketchup, a bit of brown sugar and a bit of grated cheese... oh and I added the meatballs and the hotdogs to it...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

pams family has mangos groves let me know!!!

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

I just made the sauce and I like the sweetness of it.. I kind of ad-libbed the recipe.. I threw things in from a couple of different recipes I found...

I just fried up some onion, garlic and bell pepper.... and then added a tad bit of salt and pepper and soy sauce... then I added a can of sgetti sauce, some tomato paste, some banana ketchup, some tomato ketchup, a bit of brown sugar and a bit of grated cheese... oh and I added the meatballs and the hotdogs to it...

Hmmm...Sounds yummy :yes: yes you can experiment some would even mix ground beef and pork but I prefer all beef. Glad to know you liked the sweet taste…have a nice evening and enjoy your dinner. :dance:

Timeline
Hmmm...Sounds yummy :yes: yes you can experiment some would even mix ground beef and pork but I prefer all beef. Glad to know you liked the sweet taste…have a nice evening and enjoy your dinner. :dance:

I thought it was really yummy... hubby just got home from work and he will eat dinner in a little while.. we will see what he thinks about it...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

i'm perfectly happy with bagoong and rice or rice and galungong tinapa or tuyo. i guess my simple tastes have something to do with me being half filipino by blood, but full pinoy sa puso.

i honestly would never turn down a nice bowl of goto though. yummy at anytime.

geez i miss pinoy foods there. i can't wait to retire and move there.

Edited by Charmaine+James

sha 100% + ako 50% = 75% pinoy anak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.