shes

I NEVER THOUGHT THE INTERIVEW COULD BE THIS FUN!

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"Congrats....party party na....sarap ng feelings...have a safe trip soon!!!!

God bless,

Irene

Prayer is the best to start a day...A day for us to have faith to face trials & value what life is....!!! have a nice day to everyone!!!!

LokaShadow04

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

wow congrats girl!!!

congrats to the three of you!

glad you had a smooth interview... im so happy for you that you didn't go through much hassle!!

you'll have your visa soon... sana next week dumating na sa doorstep niyo para you can be with your SO na.

good luck on your next journey!! :dance:

its party time :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

K-3 Visa

Marriage : 2007-12-05

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-15

Packet 4 Received : 2008-07-17

Interview Date : 2008-08-05

Visa Received : AUGUST 29,2008 VISA ON HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

US Entry : DECEMBER 26 2008 POE-LAX

m_825bdb5ca8a44b0997b81e1c36d0c59c.jpg

AOS and EAD

05/30/2009 - sent AOS package to USCIS Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail day 1

06/01/2009 - AOS package delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

06/05/2009 - received NOA1 hardcopy for EAD and AOS day 7

06/10/2009 - check cashed :)

06/15/2009 - received Biometrics Appointment Letter (notice date 07/02/2009) day 16

07/02/2009 - biometrics done (waiting for next asc appointment notice) day 33

7/06/2009 - touched i-485 and i-765

7/10/2009 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

7/13/2009 - EAD touched

7/16/2009 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

7/16/2009 - EAD APPROVAL NOTICE SENT

7/17/2009 - notice for AOS interview received

7/18/2009 - EAD CARD RECEIVED took only 8 days :)

8/18/2009 - AOS touched

8/20/2009 - AOS INTERVIEW 11am, CHULA VUSTA, CA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/25/2009 - AOS CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

9/02/2009 - PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD received!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD IS GREAT ALL THE TIME...

AOS approved in 82 days (2 mos and 22 days) from the filing date. :)

:dance: :dance: :dance: yes.. to dance is the perfect way to start my story.. :lol:

my ever loving father drop me off at the yellow cab located infront of the USEM entrance gate. in there, i meet up marie bernette (girl sori baka wrong spelling) then together we went to the USEM entrance. we were already talking about the dv upon crossing the street. hahahahah! then at the "waiting area" we saw Jas!! we were so very excited when we saw each other :lol: it was fun talaga!! we were talking about random stuff about the DV then the guard told us that we can now get inside the USEM. today was a very busy day at the USEM!!! grabe! there are alot of applicants! mostly families..

so we went inside...it was jas and marie who went inside 1st but i still saw them at the immigration section anyway. the 3 of us were inseparable! our numbers were in order and we stayed together til we got out of the USEM :yes:

so yun, after getting the number we just sat and waited for the instruction, there was a lady who stood infront and gave us some instructions about the forms..like there should be no blank in any of the forms, that we have to wait for our numbers to be flashed on the screen..etc etc... our names were called for the finger print scanning and u know i was called twice for this..but the 2nd time was just a mistake..i just told the lady at the window that i already had mine scanned minutes ago, they checked it from their records and okayed with it. i went back to my seat and waited for my number on the cue board.

when i saw my number flashing on the screen i went to the given window number and had my pre screening. the lady speaks in tagalog so nag tagalog din ako..wala, she asked for the DS forms, I-134, bank statement, employment sertification, ITR and W2..she asked for my name, my fiance's name..his work, the time of our first meeting, times he visited me here in the PI, asked for some pictures and my course in college and if i already took the boards and how much i spent with it.. :lol: and she commented "nako, maganda future mo pag andun kana sa u.s." sagot naman ako..."aayy nako thank you Lord for that!".... it was a fun talk! so then i went back to my seat..the 3 of us were all waiting for our CO interview.. while waiting, we were talking and making fun of each other.. were nervous but not serious about it :lol: we were having so much fun at the usem. :rofl:

my turn came..window 29 (where marie also had her interview) i was the one who followed her. the lady IS SO NICE!!!! I have never thought that the interview can be that casual and fun! she asked me to raised my right hand and i raised my left! (me stupid) :lol: i said, "ooppss..im sorry" she smiled and said its ok. i just answered her a clear "YES" after she stated the swear. she told me i dont have to be nervous at all and if incase i start to feel uncomfortable, its ok to tell her. she also asked me beforehand if its ok if she speaks to me in english and i told her that theres no problem with that. so yun...she asked me the petitioner's name, how did we meet, how do we communicate, times he went here in the PI since we got together. her eyes opened wide when i told her how many times he visited me...she was like.."oh! he comes here too often to see you"..i told her .."oh yes!" (kinikilig pako nun!) :lol: then she asked for my fiance's job and its nature..so i told her..after that she browsed through the I129F docs for a while then smiled and told me.."ok, i dont see anything wrong on this, your visa is approved, you can just wait for the instruction for the delivery of your visa!" and i was like.."aawww..thank you, thank you so much...ur so nice.." she was smiling the whole time! when i stood up from my seat i told her that shes so very nice and im so thankful for it, then she said no problem. :yes:

so i got out of the room with a big smile on my fazzz!!!! hahahaaah! i waited again for my number on the cue board for the slips...(eto na!) exciting dito!...let me tell you that..during the pre screening.. i noticed a document with my name and fiance's name on it.., on its side, prints "VISA APPLICATION" theres a BARCODE on top and a print that says.."NATIONAL STATISTICS OFFICE" ..when i saw that, i got excited...i thought that that could be the verified documents and during my CO interview i saw the same document again..hahahaah! and when i was called again to the window that issues the slip.. AGAIN, I SAW THE SAME DOCUMENTS! from there it proved to me that YES THAT WAS THE DV FROM NSO BECAUSE THE MAN JUST GAVE ME A PINK SLIP!

it was on a folder and when he opened it and saw that mysterious document that keeps on saying hello to me on my interview, he said.."your visa is ok, just pay for the delivery. wag muna kayo mag pa schedule ng flight hangga't wala pa yung visa nyo ha"..then he stapled the pink slip on my confirmation email! yehey!! he gave back to me the photos and the confirmation email i handed over to the pre screener.

after that i paid the delbros then the 3 of us went out of the USEM with all smile!!!!!!! jas went to work but me and marie went to moa to eat!..we were dead tired and hungry already! but its worth it!!!!!!!

we went to moa and bought slippers for myself! grabe ang sakit na nga paa ko sa high heels ko ha! i called my sweetheart on the phone and told him the good news! - he was about to cry when he heard it.. (aaww..) but yes, ANG SAYA SAYA!!!!!

I thank the Lord for the success of my interview. I know his hands were working for me and my fiance all through out the process of our K1 application and will continue to work on us for life. All the Praises to him! :yes:

I am so happy for you have a safe trip sana ako rin ganyan ang ma experience ko.............

CONGRATULATIONS shes!!! I'm so happy for you girl. Ur fiancee must be so excited to welcome u, wide open arms soon. Take care & God bless!

Our CR1 & CR2 Visa Timeline

USCIS

12/04/2007 : I-130 Sent to USCIS

01/29/2008 : NOA1

05/07/2008 : NOA2 (Approved)

NVC

05/14/2008 : NVC assigned MNL Case No.

05/26/2008 : NVC Generates AOS & IV Bill

06/02/2008 : Online Payment AOS & IV Bill

06/04/2008 : Printed I-864; DS-230 & Barcoded coversheet

06/12/2008 : Sent I-864 & DS-230 Packets to NVC via USPS (overnight)

06/13/2008 : NVC received the Packets

06/16/2008 : NVC entered the I-864 & DS-230 into the system

06/19/2008 : CR2 Case Completed while CR1 got RFE DS-230 #2 & #20

06/26/2008 : Sent the corrected RFE DS-230 to NVC via USPS (overnight)

06/27/2008 : NVC received the RFE DS-230 corrections

07/03/2008 : CASE COMPLETED!!!

USEM

08/13/2008 : Medical Exam PASSED!!! (Aug. 13, 14 & 15)

08/14/2008 : Received the hardcopy of the NVC Appointment Date

09/10/2008 : Interview PASSED! (Pink & White Slip due to DV)

09/26/2008 : Visa Received

10/12/2008 : Arrived to USA!!!

USA

10/12/2008 : POE Detroit

10/20/2008 : Received SSN

11/14/2008 : Received The Welcome Notice from Homeland (USCIS)

11/19/2008 : Received Green Card (11/30 got from old address mailbox)

ROC

09/03/2010 : Packet sent to USCIS

09/03/2010 : Received by USCIS

Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
So nice that you had fun! I just cant believe this line... she told me i dont have to be nervous at all and if incase i start to feel uncomfortable, its ok to tell her. Definitely doesn't sound like the lady consul I had for my interview. But it was also at wondow 29. Hmmm, maybbe she got a warning so she made a sudden change of attitude or as my fiancee said...her she changed her entire persona!

REally, same window Ria?

Shes, do u think it's the same lady per Ria's description?

DEFINITELY NOT THE SAME. well i dont know..but my experience with her was so peaceful. very soft spoken and very kind..me and marie even thought of what if we asked her if she got friendster or myspace..hahhah! but ofcourse we didnt do that and we wont! its just that were so very comfortable with her attitude towards us.

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Timeline

thanks to all of you girls!!!!!!!!!!!!! relax and have d confidence. definitely 2 of ur best weapons during the interview and syempre prayers!

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

grabe!!!congrats sa atin swerte yata tau s CO ntin na un super bait pa at funny cya..kitakitz n lng tau ulit s CFO yippeeee!!!!

oo nga un pl itsura ng dv noh akl ko nkprint on secpa plain white lng pl hehe...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

congrats ulit sa atin. hehehe! i'm really glad that you and bernette were there. it wouldn't be fun without you guys. i'm really thankful din na naging smooth ung interview natin. just let me kelan ung cfo nyo and i'll do my best to join you. badtrip kase boss ko. d ba naman sumagot sa email ko about my resignation tas tinambakan ako ng work. oh well....i didn't stop bugging him until he forwarded my email to the HR. congrats again and God bless!

"We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

[/url]

Timeline
congrats ulit sa atin. hehehe! i'm really glad that you and bernette were there. it wouldn't be fun without you guys. i'm really thankful din na naging smooth ung interview natin. just let me kelan ung cfo nyo and i'll do my best to join you. badtrip kase boss ko. d ba naman sumagot sa email ko about my resignation tas tinambakan ako ng work. oh well....i didn't stop bugging him until he forwarded my email to the HR. congrats again and God bless!

oo girl mag PM tayong tatlo sa kung kelan tayo mag cfo. hay nako sana maging ok kan na sa situation sa work mo. sa u.s. mo na pag patuloy ang kasipagan mo girl :thumbs:

like u am so thankful that you two were there! nako baka maloka ko dun kung wala akong kausap

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Congratulations!!! :dance::dance::dance:

K1 Timeline

02/26/2007 - Filed I-129F

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

09/13/2007 - Visa Received

12/14/2007 - Flight to USA, POE-LAX

02/22/2008 - Wedding Date

AOS

05/29/2008 - I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

08/25/2008 - Card production ordered

08/30/2008 - Green Card received

ROC

07/15/2010 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

07/21/2010 - Check cleared

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

08/24/2010 - Card production ordered

08/27/2010 - Approval notice received

08/30/2010 - Green card received

N400 - Naturalization

08/08/2011 - Mailed N400 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

08/12/2011 - NOA

08/15/2011 - Check cashed

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

09/09/2011 - Case status update - In line for testing & interview

09/13/2011 - Case status update - Interview scheduled

09/16/2011 - Interview appointment letter received from the mail

10/31/2011 - Test/Interview - Passed

12/07/2011 - In line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

01/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.