eileenho

K1 marriage can not work

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

yes, it is really difficult to figure out that. They have another problem, language communication, can not speak english well. i should say poor english. Ai, my poor friend, still suffer this problem in her now age.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
yes, it is really difficult to figure out that. They have another problem, language communication, can not speak english well. i should say poor english. Ai, my poor friend, still suffer this problem in her now age.

You said she came here August 2007? last year? did she apply for AOS? have GC? or did she just come this year 2008? :blush:

If she came here on August 2007 and didnt marry yet, she is way out of status.

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

^I thought she meant August 7th of this year. As in she just got here a few weeks ago and this is what has happened so far...

I am reading this and couldn't feel worse for your friend. You are a great friend to be doing everything you can to help her in her desperate state. I wish you and her all the best.

Our teeny timeline:

Jan 23 '08 ~ met online

Mar '08 ~ 1st visit to Vancouver

May '08 ~ 2nd visit to Vancouver

Jun 08 ~ plans to move to the west coast!

Aug 8 08 ~ he moves to Bellingham

current ~ many trips back and forth across the border...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Weird, just weird. Did they both know she was allergic before she came? And as far as the Dr records, she can go to the office and request a copy. She has every right to her medical records, whereas he doesn't. It's called the HIPPA law (if I remember correctly).

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm still stuck at the whole package thing. When the beneficiary goes through POE the Inmigration officer takes the yellow manila envelope and they keep everything with them for processing. The beneficiary doesn't get anything back at all unless a form is filed with them later on. So what packet would she have to return to the US embassy in China when there is none to speak of?

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
Weird, just weird. Did they both know she was allergic before she came? And as far as the Dr records, she can go to the office and request a copy. She has every right to her medical records, whereas he doesn't. It's called the HIPPA law (if I remember correctly).

My friend is allergic before, but only itch, no red spot. The result is she was bited by fleas.

How can she get Copy of Dr record, a newcomer in a farm, don't know way, can not drive, can not speak english well? Her Fiance already booked the tickets for her, the departure day is 9th of Sept. She called last night, she feels very uncomfortable, heart and headache. Since she has arrived here, didn't rest well, and got up earlier to cook for him, suffering from the itching red spots. I used CAM by Yahoo too see her, puffy eyes & face, and showed me the red spot on her body.

Oh my god, i can not imagine how can she survive under this environment.

Timeline

You said she came here August 2007? last year? did she apply for AOS? have GC? or did she just come this year 2008? :blush:

If she came here on August 2007 and didnt marry yet, she is way out of status.

She arrived here August 07, 2008.

i am posting for my friend.

She arrived at USA on August 07 by K1 visa. Due to she is allergic to dogs & cat's hair. and her Fiance has 5 dogs and 1 cat. Two days after she arrived, she found there are many red spot on her body, very itch. Maybe one week later, her Finace finally took her to see the doc, the doc said she was bited by some bugs or flees. Her fiance love dogs and cats. Even though he bought some meds for flees, but too many flees on dogs, cat, and inside of grass. (her Finace is living in the Farm). Now one her body, from face to feet, many many red spot, and she scratched them, you can imagine how uncomfortable she is. But her finace don't want to keep the dogs a little far away from the house. And my friend can not live under this environment.

Another things, her fiance even don't allow her to speak to other people, even with his sons, grandchildren. don't take her out,

So finally my friend mention go back to China. And he said ok, he will buy the tickets for her.

But the problem is how can she get back the SEAL PACKAGE when she enter POE in Detroit, and return it to US Consulate in GZ????

( i am not sure she is right about this points. When we get our SEAL PACKAGE 3 days after passing visa interview. There is a letter, generally meaning is like, if you can not get marry in 90 days, you have to return that package to US Consulate in GZ. You will have a better Chance to get US visa in the future if you want to gp to USA again; something like that)

Any VJ members have any idea pls advise. Thank you very much!

Eileen

:blink: are you serious?

Exactly what I thought !!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband and I went to Saidia for a vacation once. The house we stayed in had fleas. Those little buggers bit us both, but mine got a little infected, and took weeks to go away. I just can't believe they aren't annoying the bajeejees out of him as well.

As far as the allergies, didn't she tell him? I mean you marry someone, you must at least know they have pets if you have been communicating enough to get married. I would never agree to marry a man with pets knowing that I had allergies, unless he got rid of them.

To get her medical records, if you are with her you can call the doctors office for her. Ask for the billing department. Tell them that your friend wants a copy of her medical record, but does not speak english well. Ask if she can give them verbal approval to you to talk for her. Then if they accept that you can request that they mail the record to your address. They might require that she goes in to the office and picks it up herself. But they can guide you on the best way to acquire her record.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't he mention that he lived on a farm and had dogs???? It seems like this dude just wanted a slave from a poor country to serve him and she just wanted to come here, regardless of the dogs.

About the paperwork... SHE DOES NOT NEED TO RETURN ANYTHING TO THE CONSULATE IN CHINA. In fact, she doesn't need to even tell them she did not marry. As long as she return to China with the 90 days, she did nothing wrong. Look, sometimes things don't work out. They understand this. It won't affect her future applications. They may ask her what happened, but all she needs to say is that "it didn't work out" and it'll be ok. She doesn't need any medical records or pictures.

No offense, but there's no other way to say it...at 56, what's the chance she'll be applying for another fiance visa?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.