eileenho

K1 marriage can not work

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

i am posting for my friend.

She arrived at USA on August 07 by K1 visa. Due to she is allergic to dogs & cat's hair. and her Fiance has 5 dogs and 1 cat. Two days after she arrived, she found there are many red spot on her body, very itch. Maybe one week later, her Finace finally took her to see the doc, the doc said she was bited by some bugs or flees. Her fiance love dogs and cats. Even though he bought some meds for flees, but too many flees on dogs, cat, and inside of grass. (her Finace is living in the Farm). Now one her body, from face to feet, many many red spot, and she scratched them, you can imagine how uncomfortable she is. But her finace don't want to keep the dogs a little far away from the house. And my friend can not live under this environment.

Another things, her fiance even don't allow her to speak to other people, even with his sons, grandchildren. don't take her out,

So finally my friend mention go back to China. And he said ok, he will buy the tickets for her.

But the problem is how can she get back the SEAL PACKAGE when she enter POE in Detroit, and return it to US Consulate in GZ????

( i am not sure she is right about this points. When we get our SEAL PACKAGE 3 days after passing visa interview. There is a letter, generally meaning is like, if you can not get marry in 90 days, you have to return that package to US Consulate in GZ. You will have a better Chance to get US visa in the future if you want to gp to USA again; something like that)

Any VJ members have any idea pls advise. Thank you very much!

Eileen

Filed: Timeline

She arrived at USA on August 07 by K1 visa. Due to she is allergic to dogs & cat's hair. and her Fiance has 5 dogs and 1 cat. Two days after she arrived, she found there are many red spot on her body, very itch. Maybe one week later, her Finace finally took her to see the doc, the doc said she was bited by some bugs or flees. Her fiance love dogs and cats. Even though he bought some meds for flees, but too many flees on dogs, cat, and inside of grass. (her Finace is living in the Farm). Now one her body, from face to feet, many many red spot, and she scratched them, you can imagine how uncomfortable she is. But her finace don't want to keep the dogs a little far away from the house. And my friend can not live under this environment.

Another things, her fiance even don't allow her to speak to other people, even with his sons, grandchildren. don't take her out,

So finally my friend mention go back to China. And he said ok, he will buy the tickets for her.

But the problem is how can she get back the SEAL PACKAGE when she enter POE in Detroit, and return it to US Consulate in GZ????

( i am not sure she is right about this points. When we get our SEAL PACKAGE 3 days after passing visa interview. There is a letter, generally meaning is like, if you can not get marry in 90 days, you have to return that package to US Consulate in GZ. You will have a better Chance to get US visa in the future if you want to gp to USA again; something like that)

Eileen

No baby. If you don't get married in 90 days you have to return to your country.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I don't think there is any way to get that package back. Try posting your query at candleforlove.com. They specialize in Chinese emmirgration-related questions and might be able to better help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The package is the property of USCIS and is related to the current petition only, and there is nothing in it that she would need, all the documents in the package would have later been used by USCIS when adjusting status.

Returning home will just abandon the case.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I don't think there is any way to get that package back. Try posting your query at candleforlove.com. They specialize in Chinese emmirgration-related questions and might be able to better help.

Ditto. The package clearly says it is the property of the Us government. Or at least that's what I remember mine said.

Ditto. The package clearly says it is the property of the Us government. Or at least that's what I remember mine said.

Our package had that stamped on it.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

I don't know if she has a camera (or is allowed to use it by the fiance), but I would try to document the flea bites while they look bad and the dogs. If she later applies for a K1 again, she would have some good proof that she came to the US and found conditions she could not live with when they ask her about her abandoned case. Maybe she could ask the doctor for a statement too.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Eileen

yes, i know that. But how about that package of docs? ( in the packages, there are all the paper forms, proofs, procedure related papers)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sad story. I hope things work out for her one way or another.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I don't know if she has a camera (or is allowed to use it by the fiance), but I would try to document the flea bites while they look bad and the dogs. If she later applies for a K1 again, she would have some good proof that she came to the US and found conditions she could not live with when they ask her about her abandoned case. Maybe she could ask the doctor for a statement too.

yes, i think it is good idea to take pictures of all the red spots.

For the doc's statement, it is in her fiance's hand. he will not give her. That is what i told her to keep doc's statement. But it is in his hands,

Timeline
Sad story. I hope things work out for her one way or another.

yes, i am also very sorry to hear that. But she only knows me in USA, i can not give her big help, only some advises from your guys. Thank you.

i am also a newcomer came in JUly. But fiance treats me very well. I am lucky.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Eileen

I'm really sorry to hear about all the problems your friend is having now that she is in the States. I think it is a real test for filers who have not lived with their fiance prior to such a life changing experience of moving to another country and being so far from family. Her fiance should have helped make this transition a lot easier for her, but it does sound as though he really doesn't care that she can't live around animals that make her sick and refuses to allow her to go anywhere. Being totally honest, it does not sound as though his reason for marrying her was anything to do with love, but more down to the fact that he seems old (you mentioned gandchildren) and just wanted a beautiful, exotic wife. That is not fair on your friend as she, as we all do, deserves someone who loves her as much as she loves him.

With regards to the allergy lumps and bumps, I totally sympathise. I know what's she is going through there! With me, it's an allergy to mosqueto bites (big lumps, bruises, etc) and there's nothing at all anyone can do about that :).

I don't think that you can get the paperwork back once it has been handed in. It is the property of the US, so they do have to keep it. Again, I'm in a slightly similar position as they took my birth certificate (by accident) when I entered, and now I have to get another copy of that sent to me from the UK. Once any of the paper work they take at immigration is in their hands, there's nothing you can do to get it back as it does not belong to you.

I would suggest that, when your friend goes back home, she contacts the US embassy out there and explains why she was unable to marry this man. My concern would be that if she were to be under the situation again in the future of applying for a US visa to marry, she might not get it approved. It is possible that the powers that be would consider this first issue and just think of her as someone marrying for less that good intent (just to get to the states and the person she would be marrying is really not a factor in her life, but a tool to help her get into the country). Unfortunately, some people do that.

From what you have said, it does sound as though she really should not be with this man. I wish her all the best in the future and hope she finds someone who will treat her much better than this man is.

1999 - Met on Yahoo chat service

1999 - Fell in love

1999 - 2005 - Continued talking on a daily basis

2004 - T applied for student visa for semester of study in US

Jan 2005 - T flew to States to begin course

March 2005 - T flew to CA. D picked up at airport. Finally met in person!

April 2005 - T flies back to University

April 2005 - D flies out to be with T

May 2005 - Both fly back to CA and begin living together

Sept 2005 - T flies back to UK to resume studies

Oct 2005 - D flies out to UK to be with T - Decide we want to get married!!!

April 2006 - D and T move to Ireland

March 2007 - We download paperwork for I 129-F

April 2007 - Send off forms to Texas Service Center

June 2007 - Still waiting to hear back

July 2007 - Still waiting to hear anything AT ALL! Very angry

7th July 2007 - We called the USCIS and were given our receipt number. We also signed up for the USCIS online service. Learned that our petition arrived on May 15th and last action was May 25th 2007 - Much happier

4th October 2007 - Petition Approved!!!!!!

24 April 2008 - Interview at US Embassy Dublin

17 June 2008 - Arrived back in US together

10th SEPTEMBER 2008 - MARRIED!!!!!

Timeline

Eileen

I'm really sorry to hear about all the problems your friend is having now that she is in the States. I think it is a real test for filers who have not lived with their fiance prior to such a life changing experience of moving to another country and being so far from family. Her fiance should have helped make this transition a lot easier for her, but it does sound as though he really doesn't care that she can't live around animals that make her sick and refuses to allow her to go anywhere. Being totally honest, it does not sound as though his reason for marrying her was anything to do with love, but more down to the fact that he seems old (you mentioned gandchildren) and just wanted a beautiful, exotic wife. That is not fair on your friend as she, as we all do, deserves someone who loves her as much as she loves him.

With regards to the allergy lumps and bumps, I totally sympathise. I know what's she is going through there! With me, it's an allergy to mosqueto bites (big lumps, bruises, etc) and there's nothing at all anyone can do about that :).

I don't think that you can get the paperwork back once it has been handed in. It is the property of the US, so they do have to keep it. Again, I'm in a slightly similar position as they took my birth certificate (by accident) when I entered, and now I have to get another copy of that sent to me from the UK. Once any of the paper work they take at immigration is in their hands, there's nothing you can do to get it back as it does not belong to you.

I would suggest that, when your friend goes back home, she contacts the US embassy out there and explains why she was unable to marry this man. My concern would be that if she were to be under the situation again in the future of applying for a US visa to marry, she might not get it approved. It is possible that the powers that be would consider this first issue and just think of her as someone marrying for less that good intent (just to get to the states and the person she would be marrying is really not a factor in her life, but a tool to help her get into the country). Unfortunately, some people do that.

From what you have said, it does sound as though she really should not be with this man. I wish her all the best in the future and hope she finds someone who will treat her much better than this man is.

You are right. He is a old man, 72 years old. My friend is 56, but she keeps fit very well, looks like in her 40's. Cooking for him everyday, try to make different foods everyday for him to eat, and take to work. He works, and takes foods with him for lunch.keeping house clean. and my friend is good at acupuncture, he and his son have problems about legs. And my friend took all the tools from China, and help them treatment. But her finace maybe seems not appreciated. The animals can't take care of you, can not cook for you; but he didn't see it.

yes, i think it is good idea to take pictures of all the red spots.

For the doc's statement, it is in her fiance's hand. he will not give her. That is what i told her to keep doc's statement. But it is in his hands,

She should write down the address and name of the doctor if she can remember it. I know it's hard being in a new country and just getting drivien somewhere. But if she tries to figure that out now and also writes down the date she went, then she can write them from China and ask for a statement be mailed to her. It's a long shot, but worth a try and perhaps the office would be sympathetic to her if she says she needs it to explain why she had to leave the US.

If the package needs to be returned to the Consulate, then the US government would have to do that. It's their property and I'm sure they have procedures for abandoned cases. Maybe the procedure is return it to the Consulate that processed the visa.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.