wifetobe

Prolly been asked billions of times..

18 posts in this topic

We are at the stage where the NVC "should have by now" received our approved petition (approved on 11th August). I have called the NVC automated system and they have not yet received it. My OH has just received a letter informing him that I will be contacted by the USEM in London shortly for an interview. Does this sound right to you? I was under the impression that we should receive checklists in which to complete and send etc before hearing from the USEM. Sorry am confused.. can someone shed some light please?

Thanks alot

xx

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

The letter your OH received was the acknowledgement that NVC sends out once the petition has arrived there and is subsequently sent to the Embassy. The Embassy will send you Packet 3 once it has your petition. You wil likely receive P3 within the next 2 weeks.

Also, for status updates, I would recommend the US Dept. of State as you can actually talk to a human after a typically long waiting time.

US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, then 0

Edited by *julez*

The letter your OH received was the acknowledgement that NVC sends out once the petition has arrived there and is subsequently sent to the Embassy. The Embassy will send you Packet 3 once it has your petition. You wil likely receive P3 within the next 2 weeks.

Also, for status updates, I would recommend the US Dept. of State as you can actually talk to a human after a typically long waiting time.

Thank you sooo much for that info, I was a bit confused but you cleared that up for us :D Thank you thank you for the US dept number and options also..is that number so I can check to see whether our petition has reached the embassy before they send packet 3 out?

Cheers Julez xx

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Thank you sooo much for that info, I was a bit confused but you cleared that up for us :D Thank you thank you for the US dept number and options also..is that number so I can check to see whether our petition has reached the embassy before they send packet 3 out?

Cheers Julez xx

Yes, you can call it to confirm your petition is in London, that P3 has been sent and even to see if your interview has been set up. Good luck!

Cheers Julez xx

Yes, you can call it to confirm your petition is in London, that P3 has been sent and even to see if your interview has been set up. Good luck!

You are most helpful, thank you kind sir :content:

For the record--

K1s are NOT in the automated system at the NVC. That's for things that process there like CR1.

K1s just pass through there briefly and get a case number. You can call them must speak to a person.

NVC 603-334-0700 1 for English 5 to talk to someone

Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EST). Best time to call is 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM and 10:00 PM to 12:00 PM.

And I agree the DOS is a wonderful number to have. They can help with everything. They will know if you package is in London, if Packet 3 has been mailed, if an interview has been scheduled and when your visa is printed.

You will get a letter in the mail from the NVC telling you when they have forwarded your approved case to the Embassy.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

wow, Julez, you should do a poll for the best muppet for you, I would vote for those two above!

And I just wanted to say to Nich-Nick, you are a bit of an expert around here! (How about helping me with the wiki that I keep promising and haven't gotten around to?)

The UK Wiki

I was thinking of doing a Wiki myself to cover UK particulars or the topic "NOA2, now what??". I've read and read and I've called everybody including the Customs and Border Patrol. I think alot of people are afraid of the government, but if I have a question (like visiting on a K1) I just call up the source and ask. I quiz the POE guys every time I come back from the UK through Houston. "So what's on your computer there? Where will my fiance be taken when he comes in on a K1? Which line does he get in? He showed me the room for processing, so I go over there and press my nose against the glass trying to check it out. LOL. Anyway, I often wish I had everything I've discoved in one place so I could just point somebody there instead of typing it all over again. I know I was completely lost just navigating VJ at first. It takes a long time to even discover there's Embassy info up in that menu bar, so I do like to help people find their way. This site has been so invaluable to me. I want do something for a Wiki before long. Right now I have Hurricane Gustav to deal with. I've got to be organized and ready to evacuate probably by Monday if needed...me and 2 cats... or at least prepare for a power outage that could last a couple of days. Right now it looks okay for me, but things change so you've got to be ready to make the decision and go before everybody else does or you get caught in the worse traffic nightmare you can imagine.

:star:I vote for the glam muppet with the big kisser. :thumbs:

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

wow, good luck with the Hurricane Nich-Nick, hopefully it will pass you by, but it's good to be prepared. I'm going to resurrect the wiki thread i made a few weeks back, and hopefully get it going again.

The UK Wiki

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.