STEPHnRIA

My horrible interview story at USEM

92 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
What happened to me, my fiancee and my son felt like what you read in comics or watch in tv (sitcoms or soap opera) so I will make it sound like it so it will be easier for me.

SCENE 1- Arrived at USEM around 6:45AM

SCENE2- Finished with finger scanning and pre-screener

SCENE3- After waiting for 3 hours for our number to be called for the interview with the consulate, my fiancee was getting aggravated as to why its taking them so long. We were with a three year old kid who did his best to entertain himself. My son woke up at 5am, did not eat breakfast and bored out of his wits. My fiancee played with him and held him the whole time so I can focus on the interview. At around 11am we were called at window 29. My fiancee was the first to enter and the consul said right away,"Only the two applicants please and you may just wait outside." So my fiancee gave me my son and said he will be just waiting outside. The lady consul assigned to me has blonde curly hair, wearing glasses and fat. (I was gonna say chubby but she was so rude and mean so...)

After the oath blah blah, we srtated with the interview. First she looked at my son who was sitting in my lap and asked "Who is his father?" So I said "His father is (name)." Then she said "Who is (name)? I said my ex husband. My son was singing Bob the Builder and playing with the speakers and finger scanner so the lady consul said,"Look! I know he is a kid but you have to make him stop!" So I talked to my son and told him that I need him to sit still and be quiet so we can finish and go home. She asked me to sit my son at the oppsite chair. Then she asked who my petitioner is...blah blah. The she asked " How long did you stay in Tampa?" I said "For that year, one...1 and half month ( I was going to add... and another one was 19 days) but she interrupted me, saying "You were there for a year???" I replied "I said one was 1 and a half month." The lady consull said"I heard you said one year and you are under oath. You are lying! Do u realize that I would know if you are telling a lie because I will check your papers and know if you were a TNT in the US! You are not allowed to stay in the US for more than 6 months!" So I told her... "Be my guest! I was never a TNT in the US! My 2 old passports are with you even the letter of approval of my I-94 extension from the USCIS! Then she asked me how I could afford to be in the US for 7 months cuz even she can't afford to do that without working there in the US, so I told her I have shares in the family corporation where I get dividend income every month and I have my franchised business (Chowking) where I have reliable managers. While we were talking about this freaking TNT thing, I didn't know that my son was playing with my purse, he managed to get my wallet, played with my credit cards and money and dropped it at the window. Then the lady consul stood up and just screamed..."Oh my God! She is giving me money for VISA!!!" I was like... "What???" Then I saw one 500 peso bill and one 20 peso bill that my son put in the window. She raised both her hands and made a scene inside.She was kinda hysterical. I took the money away and hugged my son cuz he got scared with the lady's reaction and when I looked up, there were like 6 heads at the window looking at me and my son. Then the lady consul was pointing at us (mic was turned off) and was talking to a male consul. I couldn't hear her so I tried to do lip reading and with her body language, it seemed like she was telling him that I WAS TRYING TO BRIBE HER! So I yelled, "That is not true! That is not what happened!" Then she turned to me and said..."SHUT UP! Im not talking to you!" Then I could see the male consul trying to to calm her down then he turned on the mic and he asked me..." Maam, what did just happen?" So I said, "We were having the interview and didnt notice that my son played with my purse and put money in the window." Then I said, "Can I just call in my fiancee so that he can hold my son while I do this interview? Then she yelled a big "NOOOOO!!!" Then after some discussions inside she finally sat back at her chair and turned on the mic. She said " The interview is over! You have displayed an extremely unacceptable behaviour. Please don't do that again!" I knew what she was trying do...make it seem like I was really trying to buy her. So I said in a loud and clear voice "You know very well that is not what happened. I did not do anything wrong!" So she said, "Please get out before I call the guards!" So at that moment, I realized I will not win with this crazy woman so I stood up, picked up my son and went out. My fiancee was waiting outside and he heard the commotion inside the room. He asked me what happened as he saw that I was about to burst in tears so I told him right away. He was fuming mad saying "You gotta be kidding me! This is not happening! Im not taking this!" So he went to a window...(I don't know what window) and demanded to speak to a supervisor. The lady whom he was talking to asked him, "Is your fiancee done with the interview?" Then he answered, "What interview? You call that an interview?! I don't know what happened inside but you made a 3 year old child wait for three hours, and go with his mother inside while she does the interview. I was not allowed to be there, but a three year old child has no business being there too as he has nothing to say. He is tired, hungry and bored! So I demand that my fiancee be given a second inerview. This time without the child in the room and with a different consul!" So we waited until finally our number was called again. The interview was with a different consul and it went smoothly. She asked questions which I answered. ( I won't go into details anymore as this story is getting long.) Then when she said, that's all and wait for my name to called, I asked "May I know the outcome of this interview?" Then she said " Its not for me to decide." Then after a few minutes, we were called to go inside the room again. (We were the only ones left there.) Inside the room was a male consul in his 40's. He introduced himself as the chief of the consulates there. He was nice, a complete opposite of the 1st lady consul. He apologized for the "rough morning" and explained that the lady consul was just scared to lose her job. After going through my papers again, asking me questions and typing something. He also asked my fiancee a few questions. Then back to typing again. I saw him writing something in blue sheet then I realized... ITS A BLUE SHEET! Oh my GOD! But my fiancee was smiling at me so I whispered to him... That's a blue sheet!!! Then he mouthed an Its OK! Don't worry! So the chief consul looked at my fiancee and said "Technically speaking, you're fiancee is not eligible for the visa because she was married when it was approved. But since it is annulled now, in Philippines, it is as if it never existed. "So based on your documents...(the chief consul turned to look at me), there is no reason why you won't be getting your visa in three weeks!" I was just stunned and for a moment, my mind went blank. My fiancee repeated " So you mean, they (my son and I)are getting their visas in three weeks?" Then he said," Well, if I could only give it now but the thing is, since this annulment is new, you need to have this registered at the NSO. So her record should say that she is free to marry and more or less that will take three weeks. So just pay the Php650 and the delivery." At that moment, my fiancee and I looked at each other and just hugged tight. We thanked the consul profusely and left the room.

We had no time to celebrate. When we got home, my fiancee and son fell asleep right away and it was already dark when they woke up. As for me, I couldn't sleep as I kept on seeing the lady consul everytime I close my eyes. Anyway, my fiancee and I realized that I was being denied by the 1st consul. The blue sheet that I saw was the paper that we were supposed to get but the chief consul reversed the decision. And one more thing, if not for my son playing with my purse and putting money in that window, I will be stuck with that mean consul and not get a second chance. It's a blessing in disguise. It's a miracle! God loves us so much! Thank you God!

And to my son... You are my lucky charm! I love you so much and your soon to be stepdad loves you so much!

wow!!!, well i hope that lady consul will really loose her job, we dont need her, shes not capable and respectable enough to do her job!!!!

maybe shes jealous coz were Filipina are cute and thin and sexy, not like her, lol, fat....fafatayin....joke!!!!

Goodluck on your next journey, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

YOU WON!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

im speechless after i read ur story and i feel sorry of what happened. that consul must take under "administrative review'. i could say, she's freak! i agree what envy_me(sherl) wrote that there's always a good way to say something to some that it wouldn't sound rude instead it sound professional.anyway, the good thing is.. u win the "battle" :devil:

ur such a brave and strong filipina .i admire u. hopefully u'll get ur visa as soon as possible coz u really deserve it.

congrats to both of u... to u and ur husband-to-be and also to ur lucky charm-ur son. (F) (F) (F)

u made it :thumbs:

K-1

02.16.08 -> Petition mailed to CSC

02.19.08 -> NOA1 received via email

02.25.08 -> NOA1 received via snail mail

07.03.08 -> NOA2 received via email (CRIS)

07.15.08 -> Case left NVC

07.18.08 -> Case received USEM

08.11-12.08 -> Medical at SLEC PASSED

08.15.08 -> USEM interview PASSED- PINK SLIP

08.23.08 -> VISA delivered

12.07.08 -> Flight to US - Manila-Seoul-Chicago POE

12.07.08 -> arrived in chicago - sunday morning

01.08.09 -> civil wed

AOS/EAD/AP

03.04.09 -> Packet mailed to Chicago

03.13.09 -> Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

03.16.09 -> Received Biometric Apointment

04.01.09 -> Biometric Schedule

04.01.09 -> Biometric Done & Received Transfer Notice to CSC

04.29.09 -> AP and Welcome Notice received in the mail.

05.02.09 -> Received GC in the mail

K-1 & AOS & Vacation Blog - Vacation

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

congrats on finally being done! and O_M_G! what a horrible excuse that lady is.

2 things are awesome: :)

your son being bored enough to put the money in the window

your fiance being so aggressive about the whole thing!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

OH my! How horrible it is... sorry to hear that! But well its time to shine coz finally its done and you'll have your visa soon! Luckily, my CO last time was nice,humorous and cute!

I hope nothing same story next time with THE FAT CO!

Vida Taylor

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

some COs don't have any sense of urgency. they'd really get into your asses so as to jeopardize things.

i'm just so happy you and your fiance stood up for your rights. i feel sorry for your little kid. that CO acted so rude infront of an innocent child?! losing her job as an excuse was SOOOOOOOO LAME!!!! couldn't she think of a better excuse that she woke up on the wrong side of the bed or she never experienced having true love?! i would have understood it more as to why she's acting that way. maybe she's jealous of us being petitioned since we have significant others. :lol: oh well, my angst is at its highest level!

the famous CO at window 32 (fat or should i say chubby with curly hair) was the one who interviewed me. i didn't go through a hard time. thank God.

though she was a little rude for not even looking at me the whole time we were talking. :P

may this serve as an inspiration to our fellow VJers who will soon have their interview. fight for what is right! don't let those COs mess up with your lives.

Ria, congrats! God is still good for HE helped you move a mountain. May you get your visa the soonest possible time. Take care and God bless you and your loved ones. :thumbs:

K-3 Visa

Marriage : 2007-12-05

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-15

Packet 4 Received : 2008-07-17

Interview Date : 2008-08-05

Visa Received : AUGUST 29,2008 VISA ON HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

US Entry : DECEMBER 26 2008 POE-LAX

m_825bdb5ca8a44b0997b81e1c36d0c59c.jpg

AOS and EAD

05/30/2009 - sent AOS package to USCIS Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail day 1

06/01/2009 - AOS package delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

06/05/2009 - received NOA1 hardcopy for EAD and AOS day 7

06/10/2009 - check cashed :)

06/15/2009 - received Biometrics Appointment Letter (notice date 07/02/2009) day 16

07/02/2009 - biometrics done (waiting for next asc appointment notice) day 33

7/06/2009 - touched i-485 and i-765

7/10/2009 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

7/13/2009 - EAD touched

7/16/2009 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

7/16/2009 - EAD APPROVAL NOTICE SENT

7/17/2009 - notice for AOS interview received

7/18/2009 - EAD CARD RECEIVED took only 8 days :)

8/18/2009 - AOS touched

8/20/2009 - AOS INTERVIEW 11am, CHULA VUSTA, CA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/25/2009 - AOS CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

9/02/2009 - PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD received!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD IS GREAT ALL THE TIME...

AOS approved in 82 days (2 mos and 22 days) from the filing date. :)

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Sounds like the interviewer was

1. Evil

2. Crazy

3. A complete idiot

4. All of the above

either way, she doesn't belong in her current job.

I fully understand that there are fraudulent marriages, and that the job of the interviewer is to protect not only the US Government, but to protect

petitioners and beneficiaries from entering fraudulent marriages (which could become dangerous or violent later),

but I don't believe anyone needs to be cruel and challenging when doing an interview.

Yes, it's very important to screen out the scams,

but I think it's better that 5 scams get past than to deny or prolong the visa of an honest and loving couple.

Thanks for taking the time to share your story. Congratulations, and good luck.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

congratulations!!!you did well inspite of her being a meanie to you..if that was me grrrrrrrrrrrrr ...i dont know if it was the same lady who interviewed me yesterday..i was assigned to room 29 and yep she was on the "heavy side" but she was nice to me and i even told almost everybody that i can never ask for a better CO..now your experience got me thinking mmm..if that was her maybe she was reprimanded..anyway the girl interviewed b4 me by the same CO was grilled for 20mins..her fiance was waiting 4 her outside too and i think that she was denied..

goodluck to you and God bless!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Timeline

"My gosh....glad u made it and ur sooo lucky that ur fiancee is with u by that time,i cant imagine how this fat CO trying to do???shes so mean,rude and crazy wat is her problem??i read lots of post abt this fat CO ...im so sorry that ur experienced was soooo horrible,but congrats for the VISA....and u really did a great job!!!!

PS...

SORRY IF I SAID THOSE WORDS but thats how i feel at nanggigil ako at nag ngingit!!!!

STEPnRIA,,CONGRATS AND PRAY U WILL HAVE UR VISA SOON AND GOD BLESS!!!

Irene

Prayer is the best to start a day...A day for us to have faith to face trials & value what life is....!!! have a nice day to everyone!!!!

LokaShadow04

Timeline

I told her I have shares in the family corporation where I get dividend income every month and I have my franchised business (Chowking) where I have reliable managers. While we were talking about this freaking TNT thing, I didn't know that my son was playing with my purse, he managed to get my wallet, played with my credit cards and money and dropped it at the window. Then the lady consul stood up and just screamed..."Oh my God! She is giving me money for VISA!!!" I was like... "What???" Then I saw one 500 peso bill and one 20 peso bill that my son put in the window. She raised both her hands and made a scene inside.She was kinda hysterical. I took the money away and hugged my son cuz he got scared with the lady's reaction and when I looked up, there were like 6 heads at the window looking at me and my son. Then the lady consul was pointing at us (mic was turned off) and was talking to a male consul. I couldn't hear her so I tried to do lip reading and with her body language, it seemed like she was telling him that I WAS TRYING TO BRIBE HER! So I yelled, "That is not true! That is not what happened!" Then she turned to me and said..."SHUT UP! Im not talking to you!"

Im so sorry to hear that .... O! M! G! she is totally lost. :( . she need to take her own medicine.. or fired !! :angry:

i cant imagen she accuse your three year old child innocent to bribe her?!!! ...in some amount 520 pesos?!! ..i mean hello!!!!! :huh: he even dont know why he is in that room ..maybe your kid thought he is in the store tried to buy something and looked CO as a saleslady . :lol: joke.

so far i have no bad experience during my interview everything went well and CO is very nice and cool B) . two thumbs up :yes: ... not this girl ...anyways, congrats po you will get your visa soon" naawa lang ako sa bata dahil natakot" ... well, just wondering how does she feel that shes FAMOUS Now?...i hope no more incident happen like this. .....CONGRATS!!!

"GOD ALWAYS GIVES HIS BEST TO THOSE WHO LIVE THE CHOICE WITH HIM".

Our dreams goals and ideas come from our values if what we are doing does not come from what we care about most in life it is meaningless....

Timeline

that was really horrible, your son must've been so scared... :(

he's been thru alot huh... after the immunization and then this scary interview,

i think he deserves 3 wishes from a genie... :D

anyway,

123510vl41zvzjt7.gif

Live your life with arms wide open, Today is where my book begins, The rest is still unwritten..

qhBVm7.png

Wow ria! the consul is really mental ill. As I was reading ur post I'm quite teary eyed thinking ur child's traumatic experience, I am a mother too so I can definitely relate to you. She's so EVIL thats the only word i can say for her.

Anyway, my congratulations to you, fiance & son. you did all an excellent job. :thumbs:

Our CR1 & CR2 Visa Timeline

USCIS

12/04/2007 : I-130 Sent to USCIS

01/29/2008 : NOA1

05/07/2008 : NOA2 (Approved)

NVC

05/14/2008 : NVC assigned MNL Case No.

05/26/2008 : NVC Generates AOS & IV Bill

06/02/2008 : Online Payment AOS & IV Bill

06/04/2008 : Printed I-864; DS-230 & Barcoded coversheet

06/12/2008 : Sent I-864 & DS-230 Packets to NVC via USPS (overnight)

06/13/2008 : NVC received the Packets

06/16/2008 : NVC entered the I-864 & DS-230 into the system

06/19/2008 : CR2 Case Completed while CR1 got RFE DS-230 #2 & #20

06/26/2008 : Sent the corrected RFE DS-230 to NVC via USPS (overnight)

06/27/2008 : NVC received the RFE DS-230 corrections

07/03/2008 : CASE COMPLETED!!!

USEM

08/13/2008 : Medical Exam PASSED!!! (Aug. 13, 14 & 15)

08/14/2008 : Received the hardcopy of the NVC Appointment Date

09/10/2008 : Interview PASSED! (Pink & White Slip due to DV)

09/26/2008 : Visa Received

10/12/2008 : Arrived to USA!!!

USA

10/12/2008 : POE Detroit

10/20/2008 : Received SSN

11/14/2008 : Received The Welcome Notice from Homeland (USCIS)

11/19/2008 : Received Green Card (11/30 got from old address mailbox)

ROC

09/03/2010 : Packet sent to USCIS

09/03/2010 : Received by USCIS

Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own"

Timeline
Wow ria! the consul is really mental ill. As I was reading ur post I'm quite teary eyed thinking ur child's traumatic experience, I am a mother too so I can definitely relate to you. She's so EVIL thats the only word i can say for her.

Anyway, my congratulations to you, fiance & son. you did all an excellent job. :thumbs:

I know. If it were only just me that she was being mean, ok lang. But when it comes to my kid...teka, ibang usapan na to.

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

What happened to me, my fiancee and my son felt like what you read in comics or watch in tv (sitcoms or soap opera) so I will make it sound like it so it will be easier for me.

SCENE 1- Arrived at USEM around 6:45AM

SCENE2- Finished with finger scanning and pre-screener

SCENE3- After waiting for 3 hours for our number to be called for the interview with the consulate, my fiancee was getting aggravated as to why its taking them so long. We were with a three year old kid who did his best to entertain himself. My son woke up at 5am, did not eat breakfast and bored out of his wits. My fiancee played with him and held him the whole time so I can focus on the interview. At around 11am we were called at window 29. My fiancee was the first to enter and the consul said right away,"Only the two applicants please and you may just wait outside." So my fiancee gave me my son and said he will be just waiting outside. The lady consul assigned to me has blonde curly hair, wearing glasses and fat. (I was gonna say chubby but she was so rude and mean so...)

After the oath blah blah, we srtated with the interview. First she looked at my son who was sitting in my lap and asked "Who is his father?" So I said "His father is (name)." Then she said "Who is (name)? I said my ex husband. My son was singing Bob the Builder and playing with the speakers and finger scanner so the lady consul said,"Look! I know he is a kid but you have to make him stop!" So I talked to my son and told him that I need him to sit still and be quiet so we can finish and go home. She asked me to sit my son at the oppsite chair. Then she asked who my petitioner is...blah blah. The she asked " How long did you stay in Tampa?" I said "For that year, one...1 and half month ( I was going to add... and another one was 19 days) but she interrupted me, saying "You were there for a year???" I replied "I said one was 1 and a half month." The lady consull said"I heard you said one year and you are under oath. You are lying! Do u realize that I would know if you are telling a lie because I will check your papers and know if you were a TNT in the US! You are not allowed to stay in the US for more than 6 months!" So I told her... "Be my guest! I was never a TNT in the US! My 2 old passports are with you even the letter of approval of my I-94 extension from the USCIS! Then she asked me how I could afford to be in the US for 7 months cuz even she can't afford to do that without working there in the US, so I told her I have shares in the family corporation where I get dividend income every month and I have my franchised business (Chowking) where I have reliable managers. While we were talking about this freaking TNT thing, I didn't know that my son was playing with my purse, he managed to get my wallet, played with my credit cards and money and dropped it at the window. Then the lady consul stood up and just screamed..."Oh my God! She is giving me money for VISA!!!" I was like... "What???" Then I saw one 500 peso bill and one 20 peso bill that my son put in the window. She raised both her hands and made a scene inside.She was kinda hysterical. I took the money away and hugged my son cuz he got scared with the lady's reaction and when I looked up, there were like 6 heads at the window looking at me and my son. Then the lady consul was pointing at us (mic was turned off) and was talking to a male consul. I couldn't hear her so I tried to do lip reading and with her body language, it seemed like she was telling him that I WAS TRYING TO BRIBE HER! So I yelled, "That is not true! That is not what happened!" Then she turned to me and said..."SHUT UP! Im not talking to you!" Then I could see the male consul trying to to calm her down then he turned on the mic and he asked me..." Maam, what did just happen?" So I said, "We were having the interview and didnt notice that my son played with my purse and put money in the window." Then I said, "Can I just call in my fiancee so that he can hold my son while I do this interview? Then she yelled a big "NOOOOO!!!" Then after some discussions inside she finally sat back at her chair and turned on the mic. She said " The interview is over! You have displayed an extremely unacceptable behaviour. Please don't do that again!" I knew what she was trying do...make it seem like I was really trying to buy her. So I said in a loud and clear voice "You know very well that is not what happened. I did not do anything wrong!" So she said, "Please get out before I call the guards!" So at that moment, I realized I will not win with this crazy woman so I stood up, picked up my son and went out. My fiancee was waiting outside and he heard the commotion inside the room. He asked me what happened as he saw that I was about to burst in tears so I told him right away. He was fuming mad saying "You gotta be kidding me! This is not happening! Im not taking this!" So he went to a window...(I don't know what window) and demanded to speak to a supervisor. The lady whom he was talking to asked him, "Is your fiancee done with the interview?" Then he answered, "What interview? You call that an interview?! I don't know what happened inside but you made a 3 year old child wait for three hours, and go with his mother inside while she does the interview. I was not allowed to be there, but a three year old child has no business being there too as he has nothing to say. He is tired, hungry and bored! So I demand that my fiancee be given a second inerview. This time without the child in the room and with a different consul!" So we waited until finally our number was called again. The interview was with a different consul and it went smoothly. She asked questions which I answered. ( I won't go into details anymore as this story is getting long.) Then when she said, that's all and wait for my name to called, I asked "May I know the outcome of this interview?" Then she said " Its not for me to decide." Then after a few minutes, we were called to go inside the room again. (We were the only ones left there.) Inside the room was a male consul in his 40's. He introduced himself as the chief of the consulates there. He was nice, a complete opposite of the 1st lady consul. He apologized for the "rough morning" and explained that the lady consul was just scared to lose her job. After going through my papers again, asking me questions and typing something. He also asked my fiancee a few questions. Then back to typing again. I saw him writing something in blue sheet then I realized... ITS A BLUE SHEET! Oh my GOD! But my fiancee was smiling at me so I whispered to him... That's a blue sheet!!! Then he mouthed an Its OK! Don't worry! So the chief consul looked at my fiancee and said "Technically speaking, you're fiancee is not eligible for the visa because she was married when it was approved. But since it is annulled now, in Philippines, it is as if it never existed. "So based on your documents...(the chief consul turned to look at me), there is no reason why you won't be getting your visa in three weeks!" I was just stunned and for a moment, my mind went blank. My fiancee repeated " So you mean, they (my son and I)are getting their visas in three weeks?" Then he said," Well, if I could only give it now but the thing is, since this annulment is new, you need to have this registered at the NSO. So her record should say that she is free to marry and more or less that will take three weeks. So just pay the Php650 and the delivery." At that moment, my fiancee and I looked at each other and just hugged tight. We thanked the consul profusely and left the room.

We had no time to celebrate. When we got home, my fiancee and son fell asleep right away and it was already dark when they woke up. As for me, I couldn't sleep as I kept on seeing the lady consul everytime I close my eyes. Anyway, my fiancee and I realized that I was being denied by the 1st consul. The blue sheet that I saw was the paper that we were supposed to get but the chief consul reversed the decision. And one more thing, if not for my son playing with my purse and putting money in that window, I will be stuck with that mean consul and not get a second chance. It's a blessing in disguise. It's a miracle! God loves us so much! Thank you God!

And to my son... You are my lucky charm! I love you so much and your soon to be stepdad loves you so much!

i am really interested with your post about ur interview....im so happy for u that everything is ok now...goodluck and congrats!!! :D :D :D

(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯)

. 2007-08-01----- Petition Sent to USCIS

. 2007-08-22----- Receipt Date

. 2007-12-13----- NOA1 got from mail

. 2007-12-20----- APPROVED

. 2007-12-26----- Sent to USEM Manila

. 2008-01-15----- Embassy Received

. 2008-01-23----- Received Packet 4

. 2008-02-07----- Delbros Payment

. 2008-02-22----- 1st day of Medical (Early than my Appointment)

. 2008-02-25----- 2nd day of Medical (Delayed because of Weekend & Holidays)

. 2008-02-27----- Sputum Test (3 days, until Feb 29)

. 2008-03-18----- K1 Visa Payment

. 2008-08-27----- PRISM Counseling/Yellow Certificate given

. 2008-09-08----- Final Culture Result - NEGATIVE

. 2008-09-09----- RE-Medical

. 2008-09-11------Release (Vaccination)

. 2008-09-16----- USEM Interview - APPROVED (PINK SLIP)

. 2008-09-23----- VISA in hand

. 2008-09-25----- POE Detroit (DWT)

(¯`'•.¸ AOS ¸.•'´¯)

. 2008-11-11----- CIVIL WEDDING

. 2008-11-20----- SENT PAPERS FOR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS[

. 2008-11-24----- PACKAGE DELIVERED

. 2008-12-05----- THEY CASHED OUR CHECK

. 2008-12-12----- RECEIVED NOA

. 2008-12-24----- BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

. 2009-01-20----- EAD APPROVED

. 2009-01-29----- EAD CARD RECEIVED

. 2009-03-06------SSN CARD RECEIVED

. 2009-06-11------INTERVIEW (GC)

. 2009-12-17------AOS Approved

. 2010-01-04------Green Card Received

What a meanie! And to think that as a US government employee, she is supposed to represent her country in the best way possible! If she does that thing to me, omg....i have a knack of complaining really hard when i need to, as does my hubby; she would not want to hear him speak his mind. Hmm....maybe she is in need of a man????? :lol:

Anyway, I think that after all the trials you've gone through you deserve this blessing. God smiles on you and your son. Wishing that the rest of your life will be filled with nothing but bliss! :innocent:

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.