Chocolate Girl

Help

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Iraq
Timeline

hello my name is rachel and i fell in love overseas with an iraqi local. And i want to marry him. Ive looked over the process for the I-129F and the K-1 just here and there and for the past 2 days now. I understand most of it, but i want to know before i dedicate myself would he even have a chance of getting in the US. Also i want to ask if he gets approved, and the NVC starts the process of sending the packet to the embassy, they have to have a way of contacting him, but they dont have a mailing system where he lives. How do I deal with that? Right now im kind of all over the place in my thoughts, and i just need help. :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome to VJ!!

I'm sorry but I don't know how it would work, if they don't have a mailing system... maybe you should stop over to the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) forums....they can probably give you more info.

Good luck!!!

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They have no mailing system? Not even a post office where he can go pick up his mail? I don't think I've ever heard of that.

I suggest going to the MENA forums too. Someone there has got to know something.

Chances of him coming to the US.....one never knows. If he has stayed out of trouble, it definately makes it easier. Until you jump in and move along, you will never know. I wouldn't NOT do it if I were in love with my man. It's not easy. It has been worth everything for me.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Check with others here from Iraq to find out what they did. I know some have used anothers address and some have opened p.o. boxes. Not sure how that's all handled over there.

Read the guides and faq's and join us in the K1 forum for any questions.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

My husband had a PO Box when he still lived in Iraq. Actually, he still has it and just has whoever is making a trip to Iraq check it for him. Is there no way your fiance can leave Iraq? At the very least he will have to do his embassy interview in another country as they don't do the embassy interviews in Iraq except a few refugee cases.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Welcome to this community. :) Good luck on your journey.

Shape

hello my name is rachel and i fell in love overseas with an iraqi local. And i want to marry him. Ive looked over the process for the I-129F and the K-1 just here and there and for the past 2 days now. I understand most of it, but i want to know before i dedicate myself would he even have a chance of getting in the US. Also i want to ask if he gets approved, and the NVC starts the process of sending the packet to the embassy, they have to have a way of contacting him, but they dont have a mailing system where he lives. How do I deal with that? Right now im kind of all over the place in my thoughts, and i just need help. :wacko: