YsoHARD

Just filed I-130 Peru

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

What are some problems that anyone else here has had? I have read allot of crazy stuff about the police certificates from Peru. Has anyone collected these recently? Any advice is greatly appreciated, Thank You.

12-28-2006- Met in Colorado

04-20-2007- She left Colorado

07-18-2007- I Arrived in Peru

08-17-2007- I Left Peru

04-20-2008- I Arrived in Peru

06-27-2008- Married in Peru

11-03-2008- Fly back to Colorado

CSC

07-25-2008- Sent I-130

07-31-2008- I-130 Recieved

08-04-2008- NOA-1

08-18-2008- NOA-2

NVS

08-25-2008- Recieved at NVC

08-27-2008- DS-3032 emailed

09-03-2008- AOS bill, DS-3032 generated

09-04-2008- DS-3032 emailed

09-08-2008- IIN recieved by mail

09-08-2008- AOS bill payed online

09-09-2008- IV bill payed online

09-17-2008- AOS sent

09-17-2008- IV DS-230 sent

09-24-2008- *Recieved DS-3032 paper work in mail from NVC--thank god for VJ and shortcuts!!

09-30-2008- Case Complete

xx-xx-2008- Medical exam

11-04-2008- Interview

11-xx-2008- P.O.E.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I wish I could help you... but we're not at that point yet, but I'm worried about it all too. Try PMing some members that already went through the process, I did that and they helped me a lot.

Buena suerte mijo, que todo les vaya bien !

:star:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline
What are some problems that anyone else here has had? I have read allot of crazy stuff about the police certificates from Peru. Has anyone collected these recently? Any advice is greatly appreciated, Thank You.

About the certificates, our experience from Iquitos is this:

CERTIFICADO JUDICIAL DE ANTECEDENTES PENALES - Very fast, we got it the same day from Iquitos.

CERTIFICADO DE ANTECEDENTES POLICIALES - We were told it would take 15 days to get this from Iquitos. We are waiting after submitting all forms.

CERTIFICADO DE ANTECEDENTES JUDICIALES A NIVEL NACIONAL - This one we were told more than 1 month if we try to get it from Iquitos, but 5 days if we get it in Lima. If we thought that we had 2 months before the interview, then we would have obtained all 3 certificates in Iquitos.

So, the interesting thing here is, you should be able to get all the police certificates locally if you don't live in Lima. Just make sure you start early enough.

Also, keep in mind that your fiance/fiancee does not need to travel to Lima for the certificates. If you know someone in Lima, that person can submit all the papers for you.

Another thing we found out was that nobody ask for the interview letter before giving these certificates.

There are 3 types of CERTIFICADO DE ANTECEDENTES POLICIALES. You want to get the "VIAJE AL EXTRANJERO" I think.

I also think the certificates are only good for 3 months....I might be wrong, but keep this in mind so you don't get them too early.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

it is not big deal... check the previous post, look for more info on VJ page and go and get them. you will need some pictures and in some cases to wait a little bit. it is not big deal, dont worry.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

it is not big deal... check the previous post, look for more info on VJ page and go and get them. you will need some pictures and in some cases to wait a little bit. it is not big deal, dont worry.

We found this chart from MKCT ( a member in VISAJOURNEY). We used his chard as a guide then we finally did the police certificates but some stuff changed so we modified it with the actual information...

CERTIFICADO JUDICIAL DE ANTECEDENTES PENALES

-Poder Judicial: Av. Abancay en Lima.

-Copia y original del voucher de pago al Banco de La Nacion.

-Costo: S/ 52.50 (Banco de La Nacion)

-1 copia del D.N.I.

-La foto la toman adentro del Poder Judicial (no aceptan fotos)

-Motivo: Exterior.

-Llenar un papel verde que se tiene que pedir adentro.

-Tiempo de proceso: 40-60 min.

CERTIFICADO JUDICIAL DE ANTECEDENTES PENALES

-Poder Judicial: Av. Abancay in Lima.

-Original and copy of the receipt from Banco de La Nacion.

-Cost: S/ 52.50 (Banco de La Nacion)

-1 copy of your D.N.I (National Identity Document)

-Don't bring any pictures. They will take you a picture inside.

-Purpose: To be use abroad.

-Fill out a green paper that you can get inside the building.

-Process time: 40-60 min.

CERTIFICADO DE ANTECEDENTES JUDICIALES A NIVEL NACIONAL

-INPE: Av. Carabaya cuadra. 4, Lima.

-Original y Copia del voucher de pago al Banco de La Nacion.

-Costo: S/ 29.44 (Banco de La Nacion)

-Ellos te daran un formulario, llenarlo y sacar una copia al frente.

-1 foto tamaño CARNET.

-1 copia del D.N.I.

-Tiempo de proceso: 5 dias.

-Hora de recojo de documento: 14.00 hrs - 16.30 hrs.

CERTIFICADO DE ANTECEDENTES JUDICIALES A NIVEL NACIONAL

-INPE: Av. Carabaya cuadra. 4, Lima.

-cost: S/ 29.44 (Banco de La Nacion)

-They will give you a form, fill it out and then take a copy of it across the street.

-1 CARD style pictures.

-1 copy of your D.N.I (National Identity Document)

-Process Time: 5 days.

-Pickup hours: 14.00 hrs - 16.30 hrs.

CERTIFICADO DE ANTECEDENTES POLICIALES

-Sede Central de la Division Central de Identificacion Policial de la Direccion de Criminalistica PNP: Av. Aramburu 550 Surquillo.

-Original y copia del voucher de pago al Banco de La Nacion.

-Costo: S/ 30.45 ( Ese es el precio para viaje al extranjero)

-1 copia del D.N.I.

-El Banco aparte del voucher te dan un formulario llamado CERAPS que tambien tiene que ser entregado.

-1 foto tamaño pasaporte con fondo blanco (la toman tambien adentro cuesta s/. 5 pero es mas rapido si ya la tienes lista)

-Tiempo de proceso: 1 dia.

CERTIFICADO DE ANTECEDENTES POLICIALES

-Sede Central de la Division Central de Identificacion Policial de la Direccion de Criminalistica PNP: Av. Aramburu 550 Surquillo.

-Cost: S/ 30.45 (That is the price if you say it's for traveling abroad purposes)

-1 copy of your D.N.I.

-The bank also gives you another form called CERAPS that has to be given at this place.

-1 picture, passport style (white background) (You can have the picture taken there is S/. 5 but it is much faster if you already have one)

-Processing time: 1 day.

12-28-2006- Met in Colorado

04-20-2007- She left Colorado

07-18-2007- I Arrived in Peru

08-17-2007- I Left Peru

04-20-2008- I Arrived in Peru

06-27-2008- Married in Peru

11-03-2008- Fly back to Colorado

CSC

07-25-2008- Sent I-130

07-31-2008- I-130 Recieved

08-04-2008- NOA-1

08-18-2008- NOA-2

NVS

08-25-2008- Recieved at NVC

08-27-2008- DS-3032 emailed

09-03-2008- AOS bill, DS-3032 generated

09-04-2008- DS-3032 emailed

09-08-2008- IIN recieved by mail

09-08-2008- AOS bill payed online

09-09-2008- IV bill payed online

09-17-2008- AOS sent

09-17-2008- IV DS-230 sent

09-24-2008- *Recieved DS-3032 paper work in mail from NVC--thank god for VJ and shortcuts!!

09-30-2008- Case Complete

xx-xx-2008- Medical exam

11-04-2008- Interview

11-xx-2008- P.O.E.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

this is from our experience with K-1 in Lima in June of 2007. There is more about civil surgeons and birth certificates on the VJWIKI (see WIKI tab above). search for Peru K-1 and you'll see the page I wrote after our experience.

good luck!

There are Three police documents:

1. Certificado de Policia This has to be done at Av. Aramburu 550 (take any bus that goes to the Via Expresa, get off at Puente Aramburu, walk 2 blocks to the big green building, use the side entrance) a. pay fee of about s/. 20 at any BANCO DE LA NACION b. get one passport sized foto. You can also take the photo there, but it takes a looong time, and costs s/.5 c. get a photo copy of DNI d. get a photo copy of the payment voucher from the bank (both copies can be made right outside the side entrance) Ready to pick up the next day.

2. Certificado Judicial de Antecedentes Penales This has to be done at the Ministerio del Publico, Av. Abancay. Use door 1. Get there early. a. pay fee of s/. 60.40 at any BANCO DE LA NACION b. the photo is taken there, and there is no charge. c. get photocopy of DNI d. get photocopy of payment voucher from the bank Ready to pick up the same day, but then you have to take it somewhere else to get it ´legalized´which can only be done before 2 pm.

Legalization of Antecedentes Penales This has to be done at the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores on the corner of Ucayali and Lampa, about 3 blocks from the Ministerio del Publico. a. wait in line, show the document to be legalized. they only let in one person per document. b. pay s/. 22.25 once inside if you get there early enough, you could pick it up in a few hours. if not you have to go back the next day. There will be a line, outside and inside. expect to wait about 45mins to pick up the newly legalilzed document. on the ticket they give you to pick up your doc, there is a time written in red marker. ask the doorman what hour the people in line are waiting for because you might not have to wait outside.

3. Certificado de Antecedentes Judiciales a nivel nacional This needs to be done at the INPE Av. Carabayo 451 about 3 blocks from the Ministerio del Publico. NOTE. this was the biggest headache.. there are TWO certificados de Antecedentes Judiciales. one is only valid for Lima, and will do you no good. Aparently the bank teller was not aware that there were two different certificates, and charged me the s/. 28 for the Lima regional cert, even though i clearly specified that I needed the NATIONAL cert. You need to make a deposit into the checking account of the INPE for the amount of s/. 34.95. a. deposit s/. 34.95 into account number 0000.281794. do this at the BANCO DE LA NACION in the Plaza Pizarro, next to the Palacio. b. take 2 carne sized photos c. give original reciept of payment d. photocopy of DNI Ready to be picked up in 10 working days.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Are these the only three police certificates needed or do you also need them from any locality where you lived for more than six months?

So if you lived all your life in Lima except for one year you moved to Cusco, would you then need a police certificate from Cusco or not?

And another big question for the Peruvian group please; was the embassy interview date for your 130/CR1/resident petition arranged by NVC or by the embassy? I'm trying to figure out timing for the interview after completion of the NVC process and I don't know who would schedule the interview faster NVC or the Lima U.S. Embassy.

thanks for your help.

11/03/07: Civil Wedding

05/03/08: Religious Wedding

I-130 Timeline

11/27/07: I-130 sent to VSC

01/28/08: NOA1

02/24/08: Touched

08/13/08: I-130 transferred from VSC to CSC

08/14/08: Touched

08/21/08: I-130 now pending at CSC

09/17/08: Touched in the morning

09/17/08: NOA2 - Approval email sent at 10:15 PM. 295 days. 9 months, 21 days

09/18/08: Touched

09/19/08: Touched

NVC Timeline

09/24/08: Case number generated

10/02/08: AOS and IV invoice mailed by NVC. DS-3032 not needed

10/07/08: AOS invoiced received and paid online

10/08/08: IV invoice paid online

10/09/08: AOS and IV shows paid in online system. Printed bar coded pages

10/10/08: Mailed I864 package

10/14/08: I-864 package received at NVC

10/16/08: Mailed DS-230 package

10/17/08: DS-230 package received at NVC

10/24/08: Case complete. 31 days from NVC receipt to completion

10/29/08: NVC assigned interview date of 12/22/08

The last mile

12/22/08: Interview at the Lima, Peru embassy completed

12/23/08: Passport and documents picked up at DHL facility in Lima

12/27/08: Point of Entry - Miami International Airport. 398 days. 1 year, 1 month from submission of I130 to U.S. arrival

01/21/09: My wife received Residence Card in the mail

02/13/09: My wife received Social Security Card in the mail (had to go to SS office and apply in person)

I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

12/08/10: Received at VSC

12/24/10: Biometrics notice date

01/14/11: Biometrics appointment date

05/10/11: Approval letter received

Timeline
Are these the only three police certificates needed or do you also need them from any locality where you lived for more than six months?

So if you lived all your life in Lima except for one year you moved to Cusco, would you then need a police certificate from Cusco or not?

And another big question for the Peruvian group please; was the embassy interview date for your 130/CR1/resident petition arranged by NVC or by the embassy? I'm trying to figure out timing for the interview after completion of the NVC process and I don't know who would schedule the interview faster NVC or the Lima U.S. Embassy.

thanks for your help.

I think the rule is that if you lived anywhere for over 6 months since you turned 16 you need a police report from that locality as well. My husband lived in lima since he was 5 so we didn't have to do that. I would find out how to get that documentation from Cusco, unless you lived there before age 16.

We did K-1 so I can't answer your other question, sorry!

• 2 years later...
Filed: Timeline

Does anyone know which of these documents need to be translated? if so which translations...there is a regular translation option and and 'official' that cost four times as much. What does the Embassy and USCIS require? I am asking for the embassy and also for USCIS to file AOS, Etc.

Thanks for any help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.