17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi! So I called the CSC today to try (again) to change my fiance's address and change the destination for the petition from Nairobi to Lagos... long story... but the customer service rep that I spoke to said he couldn't help me because... our petition was approved yesterday!!! I was super excited, but I called CSC again just to here that wonderful confirmation through their automated system, and it still says our petition hasn't been touched since it was received in March. The website hasn't been updated either. So now I'm nervous! Was this a sick joke?! We only started this process 141 days ago, which is an eternity of course but actually seems kind of fast considering it's CSC...

I guess I'm asking, how long does it take for the website and answering system to be updated to reflect the approval of a case? Share your stories and ease my mind! I'm tired of refreshing the webpage compulsively :)

K-1 Timeline

Sent in I-129F to CSC: 02-29-2008

NOA-1: 03-03-2008

Touched: 07-15-2008 (called)

NOA-2:07/23/2008

Interview:11/06/2008!

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi! So I called the CSC today to try (again) to change my fiance's address and change the destination for the petition from Nairobi to Lagos... long story... but the customer service rep that I spoke to said he couldn't help me because... our petition was approved yesterday!!! I was super excited, but I called CSC again just to here that wonderful confirmation through their automated system, and it still says our petition hasn't been touched since it was received in March. The website hasn't been updated either. So now I'm nervous! Was this a sick joke?! We only started this process 141 days ago, which is an eternity of course but actually seems kind of fast considering it's CSC...

I guess I'm asking, how long does it take for the website and answering system to be updated to reflect the approval of a case? Share your stories and ease my mind! I'm tired of refreshing the webpage compulsively :)

Congratulations!!!!

It seems that, in some cases, the website never gets updated. Mine was approved on July 9, and the website still says "received and pending". I've had the hard copy NOA2 for a while now. Some petitions are approved without showing any touches. So, if they told you the petition has been approved, I'm sure that it has. You should be receiving your approval notice via snail mail very soon! Take a deep breath! One big step in your VJ has been completed!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

congratulations :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Congratulations!! Watch that mail box.

I agree with other posters. The case status online info. if often useless. We've had a NOA 2 in hand for the I-130 since mid May. The online status shows only that the petition was received months ago - never updated. I have no idea what they see when a customer calls. The I-129 shows up as approved. We can't complain, because at least one visa has been issued. We don't really know where the I-130 is and neither does the USCIS, as far as I can tell.

Thai Mom

Congratulations!! Watch that mail box.

I agree with other posters. The case status online info. if often useless. We've had a NOA 2 in hand for the I-130 since mid May. The online status shows only that the petition was received months ago - never updated. I have no idea what they see when a customer calls. The I-129 shows up as approved. We can't complain, because at least one visa has been issued. We don't really know where the I-130 is and neither does the USCIS, as far as I can tell.

Thai Mom

P.S. Regarding the address change: Call and talk to an operator or email the National Visa Center immediately. K petitions can pass through there fairly quickly. They take address and consulate changes seriously. By the time I contacted them the case had already been sent to the embassy, and in changing consulates you want to avoid that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

GREAT!! COngratulations on that approval!! :thumbs:

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

7/11/2008 Sent Jorge Proof of Ongoing Relationship

7/22/2008 TOUCH!! *feels bubbley inside*

7/22/2008 NOA2 By e-mail! WOO!!

7/23/2008 Touch After Approval

7/23/2008 Jorge Received Proof of Ongoing Relationship Packet That I Sent Him

7/26/2008 Received NOA2 Hard Copy

7/28/2008 Petition Arrived to NVC - Got my new case number!

7/30/2008 NVC shipped petition to MEXICO!! Getting closer and closer!

7/30/2008 Petition Arrived to CDJ-(Electronically I suppose???)

8/04/2008 NVC hard copy in my mail box =D

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/02/2008 Mailing Jorge Interview Packet- Cost me 93 USD; worth it. He will hopefully get it on Thursday evening.

9/04/2008 Jorge Received the packet I sent him for the interview. YAY

9/05/2008 Jorge Received his packet 3 (identical to the one I received)

9/07/2008 Jorge flies to Juarez for Med and Interview

9/08/2008 Medical Date- went well :) He stood in line since 5:30 Am. He finished at 11:15 AM - ish

9/09/2008 Interview- SUCCESS!

9/16/2008 POE

9/17/1008 Arrives to East Wenatchee, WA

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/07/2008 - And so it begins

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/18/2008 - Appt Letter YAY (Nov. 28)

11/28/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/28/2008 - Touch

1/23/2008 - Travel Doc Approved

1/27/2009 - EAD Card ordered

1/31/2009 - Card Recieved

2/18/2009 - First day at new Job :)

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

APPROVED WOO! We are complete!

4/20/2009- Resident Card Received NOW we're complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
P.S. Regarding the address change: Call and talk to an operator or email the National Visa Center immediately. K petitions can pass through there fairly quickly. They take address and consulate changes seriously. By the time I contacted them the case had already been sent to the embassy, and in changing consulates you want to avoid that.

Thanks for the advice, I plan on stalking them by phone starting tomorrow morning :) If you don't mind me asking, did it cause you any significant delay when you had to switch the case from one place to another?

K-1 Timeline

Sent in I-129F to CSC: 02-29-2008

NOA-1: 03-03-2008

Touched: 07-15-2008 (called)

NOA-2:07/23/2008

Interview:11/06/2008!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

It depends if they get it right the first time. ;) Call DOS and tell them about the address and embassy changes as well.

The other posters are correct. CSC has a long history of not updating their case status online and people are often surprised in their mailbox with a noa2!

Congratulations!

timeline.jpg

Thanks for the advice, I plan on stalking them by phone starting tomorrow morning :) If you don't mind me asking, did it cause you any significant delay when you had to switch the case from one place to another?

We just changed the beneficiary's address in country, not the consulate, and there were no delays. Changing the consulate could, in theory, be more difficult if the NVC has already forwarded your case; hence the need to "stalk" them, as you say. Actually the first time I talked to someone at the NVC they were so nice that it shocked me. I wasn't used to that in this process.

Thai Mom

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Congratulations!!!

AOS Timeline:

7/30/08: Sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

7/31/08: Received by USCIS

8/06/08: Check cashed

8/07/08: Rec'd NOA for I-485 AOS

8/07/08: AOS, EAD, & AP - Touched

8/08/08: Rec'd NOAs for EAD & AP

8/12/08: Rec'd Biometrics appt letter

8/21/08: Biometrics

9/29/08: EAD & AP - approved!!

10/6/08: EAD & AP - received in the mail!

2/06/09: Received interview notice for March 10th!!

3/10/09: Passed interview - husband's GC approved!!! Woohoo!!! :-)

01/2011: File to remove conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.