panamania79

Do you consider yourself a VJ veteran ?

202 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

Well since we finished our visa journey and hubby has the 10 yr green card, I'd say in that way we are VJ veterans...and I also have been here over 4 years, yikes. Yes I remember when the cat was the main topic of OT and most screen names included "cat" in them. (Yes I am exaggerating, but not too much hehe)

Absolutely nothing wrong with cat talk and cats names. In fact, I think that would be great. :lol:

Ohhh yes, I also remembered that most VJ'ers had a "cat" avatar in their profile ID too :huh: what was that all about, Year of the Cat maybe?

I used to love that song !

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

As another February '04 joiner, I suppose I count as a "VJ veteran" :)

Two names...

UncaRastus and Jaffa...ring any bells?

I definitely remember them! Very unforgettable couple :P Also remember when our founder was a regular poster, and the halcyon days before the Great "Lawyer Whom Shall Not Be Named" Fracas resulted in major organizational changes ;)

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

what's VJ?

word

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I think VJ was created sometime in 2003...

Anyone still here from 2003?

oldest member.......

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1

I believe Steve was the founder of VJ. He was a Lockheed employee from Florida who went through the process and started this site mainly to post the Guides and Visa FAQ's. He had a blow up with the most obnoxious and slimy lawyer that used to contribute a little material and reply as his signature was a solicitation for business. Man I really disliked him, MDull or something like that. He turned over VJ to someone named Ewok when he felt the stress of running this site was hurting his marriage and here we are.

Marilyn and Peter since early 2004 and almost done with this immigration mess.

K-1 Timeline in Profile (our story)

Church wedding Sept 18

NOA1's for AOS/EAD received Sept 20 MSC #

Biometrics completed Nov 5 2004

EAD Approval Dec 29 2004

AOS appointment letter received Feb 3 2005

AOS interview scheduled for March 9 2005

AOS interview mostly fine, just need I-693 supplement filled out by civil surgeon

Spend another $40 for I-693 form, sent to local USCIS office registered mail, arrived March 11 2005

AOS finally approved March 25th 2005

Green card arrives about 10 days later

!!Green card has incorrect middle name!! Thanks USCIS

Travel back to Denver, turn in card and I-90 to correct their mistake.

Application accepted, asked for I-551 stamp, they told me "We don't do stamps anymore"

NOA1 for I-90 received from NSC April 18 2005, fee waived

NSC appears to have stoped processing I-90's

Marilyn needs to travel back to the RP, call Senators office for help with green card or I-551 stamp

Travel back to Denver July 1, 2005 and received I-551 stamp in the passport.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

oldest member.......

I believe Steve was the founder of VJ. He was a Lockheed employee from Florida who went through the process and started this site mainly to post the Guides and Visa FAQ's. He had a blow up with the most obnoxious and slimy lawyer that used to contribute a little material and reply as his signature was a solicitation for business. Man I really disliked him, MDull or something like that. He turned over VJ to someone named Ewok when he felt the stress of running this site was hurting his marriage and here we are.

Hello Marilyn and Peter! Thanks for the insight. I think I actually met that lawyer in person. We had a VJ meetup in LA last year, June 2007. There was only about a dozen or so of us at small restaurant and towards the end of the evening, this guy that was sitting at table next to us all that time turns around and introduced himself as a former member/immigration lawyer. It was pretty bizarre.

Filed: Timeline

I have also been here for 4 years, on and off. And I remember all the old people to...the cat ladies -> we even had a Sassycat Appreciation Day (as well as a Sharon Appreciation Day). I also remember the good old thread called: URGENT!!! QUESTION ABOUT DIRT, Can He or Can't HE???? :lol: All the fighting and endless lawyer bashing.

Oh and Uncarastus and Jaffa of course.

I am a bit of a veteran, I guess. But I don't have enough posts to be a proper veteran. :D

Not a vetran, just a newbie freshman, bringing myself and John into the frey but trying not to get in the way of "The Heathers" or trouble :blush:

You're a veteran if you remember when all the posters in OT were women with cats talking about their favourite colours.

and all had names that ended in "cat'..sassycat..tendercat..pussycat...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have also been here for 4 years, on and off. And I remember all the old people to...the cat ladies -> we even had a Sassycat Appreciation Day (as well as a Sharon Appreciation Day). I also remember the good old thread called: URGENT!!! QUESTION ABOUT DIRT, Can He or Can't HE???? :lol: All the fighting and endless lawyer bashing.

Oh and Uncarastus and Jaffa of course.

I am a bit of a veteran, I guess. But I don't have enough posts to be a proper veteran. :D

Same here...I remember the dirt question.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm old as fukc here.. and proud to be el Presidente

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

lol!!!

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I consider myself a vet, even though it seems just like yesterday when I came on here.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

oldest member.......

MUdall was his handle . Before there was VJ, there was a woman by the name of "lady something" (can't rememberthe name) who had a website similar to VJ helping couples going through the visa process.

MUDall successfully scuttled that website as I recall using the same approach of threats.

He probably was on a crusade against sites like VJ which he thought would cut into the business of immigration lawyers.