franklie

Bar girl and K1

135 posts in this topic

Old saying!" You can take the girl out of the bar but you can't take the bar out of the girl".

Besides that if US embassy manila has any inkling that the beneficiary was a prostitude or even associated with such she will be denied.

My Filipina wife doesn't have any respect for bargirls who took the "easy" way out instead of working a decent respectable lower paying job as MANY pinay have done and are doing.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

and i don't think that the poster friends were saying that any of you all were bargirls BUT most of the k1 in the 80 and 90 were from Olongapo and Clark Almost ""23,000 Filipinas attended the mandatory "Bride School," a prerequisite to marriage to an American serviceman between 1972 and 1992."And What DO you think there job was in those town Don't make the PI out to be so innocent its not same as bargirl they are not all bad.

OLONGAPO & CLARK is NOT the PHILIPPINES... and the original post didn't mention 80's and 90's, it only said "My friends say that it shouldn’t be a problem for me because most of the K1 petitions are for former bar girls"... which implies K1 petitions at present times not 80's and 90's

and the internet article where you got your infos about this "madatory bride school" didnt mention if all those 23,000 supposedly students had been K1 applicants after graduating from that defunct school (if it ever really existed)... and even if, they had all been k1 visa applicants, they still DO NOT constitute the MOST(read: majority) that the nephew's friends was implying.

You are even calling people here JUDGEMENTAL but please read your statement and tell us that you are not the same.

Nobody is questionning the Philipinas here about there jobs. Nobody wants to know your occupations either. This thread is about one specific BARGIRL who may/maynot have engaged in prostitution and what her chances are of securing a visa....

I agree with you but you can not blame any one who felt insulted by the insinuation that MOST K1 petitions are for former bar girls. Let's take the literal meaning of MOST:

most [mōst]CORE-MEANING: a grammatical word indicating nearly all or the majority of the people or things mentioned

The OP did add that the statement was made by the nephew's friend who are "ex-pats speaking out their a$$." ...

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

QUOTE(DanielParul @ Jul 25 2008, 12:00 PM) *

Nobody is questionning the Philipinas here about there jobs. Nobody wants to know your occupations either. This thread is about one specific BARGIRL who may/maynot have engaged in prostitution and what her chances are of securing a visa....

we don't want to talk about what our position in life here too, and who else does? what we are trying to imply here that not all K1 beneficiary are former bar girls as what the poster says. What reached us is that all K1 from the PHilippines are former bar girls.

Will her being a bar girl/prostitute derail the K1 visa?

I could not find anything on USCIS website stating that K1 applicant's qualification "should not be a bar girl." Unless your nephew's girl has a communicable disease, then it will be a problem.

Bar girls or not, professionals or uncivilized, we have the freewill to choose whom we want regardless of people's judgment. It's still our choices that matters in the end and not other's preferences.

Being a bar girl per se won't probably be a problem. There are two kinds of bar: the clean fun bars like Hard Rock Cafe, Ratsky, Bagaberde Grill, and other high end bars and there are the more questionable "girlie bars". So just being a bar girl or boy is not a problem but the OP added this:

As related to me, his GF/SO/fiance did in fact engage in prostitution. His concern is now related to crimes of "moral turpitude".

working in bars is legal BUT prostitution is illegal in the Philippines and the US embassy has this to say on prostitution:(http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligibilities/ineligibilities_1364.html)

(D) Prostitution and commercialized vice.-Any alien who-

(i) is coming to the United States solely, principally, or incidentally to engage in prostitution, or has engaged in prostitution within 10 years of the date of application for a visa, admission, or adjustment of status,

But as others have said, there is no way to prove prostitution unless the nephew's girlfriend has been arrested and charged with prostitution, then it will reflect on her NBI records and would cause problems but other than that, maybe they could make it if they really want to pursue the process.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have a nephew who wants to petition his girlfriend from the Philippinnes to the US on a K1 visa. I did a search of the forums to see if this issue had ever been brought up and have found nothing.

The following is the letter that was sent to me by my nephew

"My friends say that it shouldn’t be a problem for me because most of the K1 petitions are for former bar girls. What do you think?

oh men! this made my eyes wide open :whistle:

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
and i don't think that the poster friends were saying that any of you all were bargirls BUT most of the k1 in the 80 and 90 were from Olongapo and Clark Almost ""23,000 Filipinas attended the mandatory "Bride School," a prerequisite to marriage to an American serviceman between 1972 and 1992."And What DO you think there job was in those town Don't make the PI out to be so innocent its not same as bargirl they are not all bad.

OLONGAPO & CLARK is NOT the PHILIPPINES... and the original post didn't mention 80's and 90's, it only said "My friends say that it shouldn’t be a problem for me because most of the K1 petitions are for former bar girls"... which implies K1 petitions at present times not 80's and 90's

and the internet article where you got your infos about this "madatory bride school" didnt mention if all those 23,000 supposedly students had been K1 applicants after graduating from that defunct school (if it ever really existed)... and even if, they had all been k1 visa applicants, they still DO NOT constitute the MOST(read: majority) that the nephew's friends was implying.

You are even calling people here JUDGEMENTAL but please read your statement and tell us that you are not the same.

I agree with you but you can not blame any one who felt insulted by the insinuation that MOST K1 petitions are for former bar girls. Let's take the literal meaning of MOST:

most [mōst]CORE-MEANING: a grammatical word indicating nearly all or the majority of the people or things mentioned

The OP did add that the statement was made by the nephew's friend who are "ex-pats speaking out their a$$." ...

:thumbs: :thumbs: I was to reply exactly the same.

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

Filed: Timeline
Old saying!" You can take the girl out of the bar but you can't take the bar out of the girl".

Besides that if US embassy manila has any inkling that the beneficiary was a prostitude or even associated with such she will be denied.

My Filipina wife doesn't have any respect for bargirls who took the "easy" way out instead of working a decent respectable lower paying job as MANY pinay have done and are doing.

I don't think it's an easy way out; hence, people usually describe those kind of job as "kapit sa patalim." C'mon now, how could it be an easy way out to sell your body? for strangers to play with your body? I wonder if that decent respectable lower paying job can that the bar girl can find cannot feed herself or her family. Should she let her family die from starvation?

I just love it when people are quick to judge /jump give their comment when they are never been in those kind of situation and don't know how it feels to be in that situation.

For the record, I am not a bar girl. I'm just a lurker. Someone from pinoyexchange.com posted this site regarding a very controversial topic.

I speak my mind, so please don't take it personally.

I'm here at VJ to help 'Reshape the Filipina Image Online.' <- click

The OP told us that she was a prostitute, and you are correct - this is about visa problems caused by that occupation and not moral judgements. Here is the relavant portion of the regs:

(D) Prostitution and commercialized vice.-Any alien who-

(i) is coming to the United States solely, principally, or incidentally to engage in prostitution, or has engaged in prostitution within 10 years of the date of application for a visa, admission, or adjustment of status,

This is an immigration problem, plain and simple. Employment related questions, questions about how they met, even medical questions potentially, could raise the issue of visa disqualification on moral grounds (per the regs), or on grounds of visa fraud (if you lie and get caught).

The answer to the question posed by the OP is clearly yes, if questions are answered honestly and there is full disclosure. A history of prostitution during the past ten tears will absolutely derail a visa.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Sorry all, I missed the reg being quoted in the earlier post.

By the way, I want to say for the record what most of the guys reading this are thinking. That earlier statement about most K-1 applicants was stupid.... just stupid. The vast majority of Philipina K-1 applicants are honest, decent people who give up everything they know to be with the person they love most. The issue we discuss here never figures into their visa journey, and we all know this.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Sorry all, I missed the reg being quoted in the earlier post.

By the way, I want to say for the record what most of the guys reading this are thinking. That earlier statement about most K-1 applicants was stupid.... just stupid. The vast majority of Philipina K-1 applicants are honest, decent people who give up everything they know to be with the person they love most. The issue we discuss here never figures into their visa journey, and we all know this.

:thumbs:

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

watever work they had or have. theyre just also humans who got the same rights as the others. if an american fell inlove with her and wants to file for K1, then who knows its the start of a brand new life for her.

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

I have a nephew who wants to petition his girlfriend from the Philippinnes to the US on a K1 visa. I did a search of the forums to see if this issue had ever been brought up and have found nothing.

The following is the letter that was sent to me by my nephew

Hey Uncle Frank,

As you know I met this wonderful Filipina girl, Marla, 4 months ago. We’re pretty serious about our relationship and would like to get married. Mom said that you were in process to be married to a nice Mexican girl (BTW congrats) and said you were a member of website that was helping you in the process of bringing her to the US and if I had any questions to ask you.

I have a question for you: Marla and I met when she was a bar girl in Cebu. She said that she was doing it to help out her family. She stopped working in the bar a week ago because she felt our relationship was more important. If I want to bring her back to the US and marry her on a K1 visa will her being a bar girl affect the process? My friends say that it shouldn’t be a problem for me because most of the K1 petitions are for former bar girls. What do you think?

I have no experience with the Philippines but I do have experience with Americans trying to bring Mexican fiances to the US. The Mexican bar girls/ prostitutes have to register with the local police and they receive a health card that has to be signed off every month by the health authorities. The American consulate does a check with the local police authorities to see if the woman being petitioned has been or is registered as a prostitute.

Will her being a bar girl/prostitute derail the K1 visa?

Thanks in advance for the help :thumbs:

I posted mine already and this is from my hubby's side:

I find the wording of your question Offensive as i am shocked u do not after your nephew just called your fiancee a prostitute though they are people 2 and trying 2 earn a living like everyone else sounds like your nephew has a serious problem to brag 2 all of your friends u r marrying a prostitute does not sound like some one in love though i have no problem with the profession a lot of people do and 2 brag of it 2 all of his friends shows he has little respect 4 his girl and 2 tell everyone else they are marrying a prostitute whether for some it is true or not is offensive my girl had a good office job she did not work at a bar but if she had that would be between us i would beat any friend of mine 2 a pulp for even suggesting it and i am shocked that u did not take your nephew over your knee after he suggested it about your fiancee have u asked her what she thinks about it finally most country's it is legal or tolerated and i have not seen job requirements on any of the forms

2_950692851l.jpg

October 24, 2007 - we met online ( Cherry Blossoms)

February 24, 2008 - He came to the Philippines to finally meet me!

February 26, 2008 - He proposed to me and I said YES!

March 4, 2008 - Flew back home ( US )- sad

K1 timeline:

April 7, 2008 - sent I-129f to VSC

April 10, 2008 - VSC received petition

April 18, 2008 - NOA1 hard copy received

May 9, 2008 - touched

July 14, 2008 - touched

July 15, 2008 - NOA2 (99days)

Aug.14-15,2008-Medical PASSED

Aug.22,2008- Interview PASSED (Pink Slip Only)

Aug.29,2008- VISA ON HAND

Sept.3,2008- POE Houston TX

October 25, 2008 - Officially Mrs. Eaton

AOS Timeline:

March 10, 2009 - AOS package sent to USCIS via FedEx

March 12, 2009 12:21pm - AOS package delivered to USCIS

March 20, 2009 - Check cashed

March 21, 2009 - NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765

March 24, 2009 - Received Biometrics Appointment

April 4, 2009 - Case transferred to CSC

April 7, 2009 - Biometrics appointment is done

May 4, 2009 - AP approval notice received

May 8,2008 - EAD received

June 3, 2009 - Welcome notice from CRIS via email

June 8, 2009 - Receive hard copy of welcome notice on the mail

June 15, 2009 - Card production ordered

June 27, 2009 - Green Card on hand ( 2 years )

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ive been to angeles city before they closed Clark AB. The ladies that you meet in the bars are not the ones tht you wanna bring home to mamma.

beep beep...:D ANgeles City is my home town.. alhtough im not a bar girl.. never was.. anyways, frank, you told me your nephew's girlfriend stopped from being a bargirl right? well good for hre atleast its not yet too late for her having a less polluted future with your nephew,. :ot: just let him get to know her better first to avoid hearteaches.. besides, if the girl really loves him she can wait for the right time right? 4 months is too soon.. dont rush.. :ot2: with your question, no, i dont think her past work will affect the visa processing.. if k1 doesnt work, resort to vr1 or k3..

Goodluck!

😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.