franklie

Bar girl and K1

135 posts in this topic

THE UNCLE mentioned that the GIRL stopped working in a bar, so it must meant something...

everybody deserve a second chance in life, im sure she doesnt want to have that life forever thats why she chooses to leave her previous job.

AS FOR the NEPHEW, goodluck to you, if you think this girl is the ONE then it is your OWN decision.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I beg to disagree on the highlighted statement. There may be former bar girls but I believe MOST of K1 petitions are for filipinas working in less questionable fields. There are lawyers, doctors, researchers, teachers, designers, web programmers, sales reps, entreprenuers, accountants, nurses, sales ladies in department stores, etc. Former bar girls constitute the minority.... well at least here on vj and also amongst the people who filed K1 or K3 visas outside vj that I know of. Saying somebody was a bar girl has negative connonotation but I agree with stuart, bar girls do not automatically mean they are/were prostitutes. And even if they were, if they are truly reformed then there is no problem giving them a fair chance in love right?

Perhaps this old thread could be of help: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...109645&st=0

Thanks to all for the input.

As related to me, his GF/SO/fiance did in fact engage in prostitution. His concern is now related to crimes of "moral turpitude". I do not judge any girl for being a prostitute. I have on occasion been asked to talk with girls and see if I can convince them to leave the trade. A mother that I have never met in person is forever thankful for my intervention in her daughter's life. Most of these girls to use a Biblical analogy are like the "prodigal son".

The comments by nephew's "friends" are IMO are ex-pats speaking out their a$.

the other link has a lot of good info as well. I'll send him the links

We've had discussions like this before, although I think this is the first potential K-1 where the petitioner openly admits his fiancee engaged in prostitution. When it comes down to filing the petition, there may be some legal decisions to make that could have a big effect on whether they will be approved or not.

There was a Fil/Am couple not too long ago where the fiancee admitted to some past drug use which subsequently led to a denial. The medical exam is where it occured. I'd recommend finding out whether prostitution (engaging in something illegal in the PI) will be automatic grounds for denial. I think it would depend if it is considered equivalent to a misdemeanor or a more serious offense. Even if she was never arrested for it, I think the best course and the legal course is to be as honest and fortright about it throughout the whole process as possible.

I have a nephew who wants to petition his girlfriend from the Philippinnes to the US on a K1 visa. I did a search of the forums to see if this issue had ever been brought up and have found nothing.

The following is the letter that was sent to me by my nephew

Hey Uncle Frank,

As you know I met this wonderful Filipina girl, Marla, 4 months ago. We’re pretty serious about our relationship and would like to get married. Mom said that you were in process to be married to a nice Mexican girl (BTW congrats) and said you were a member of website that was helping you in the process of bringing her to the US and if I had any questions to ask you.

I have a question for you: Marla and I met when she was a bar girl in Cebu. She said that she was doing it to help out her family. She stopped working in the bar a week ago because she felt our relationship was more important. If I want to bring her back to the US and marry her on a K1 visa will her being a bar girl affect the process? My friends say that it shouldn’t be a problem for me because most of the K1 petitions are for former bar girls. What do you think?

I have no experience with the Philippines but I do have experience with Americans trying to bring Mexican fiances to the US. The Mexican bar girls/ prostitutes have to register with the local police and they receive a health card that has to be signed off every month by the health authorities. The American consulate does a check with the local police authorities to see if the woman being petitioned has been or is registered as a prostitute.

Will her being a bar girl/prostitute derail the K1 visa?

Thanks in advance for the help :thumbs:

My friends say that it shouldn’t be a problem for me because most of the K1 petitions are for former bar girls. What do you think?

be very careful with your words because not all k1 petitions are former bar girls..Most members that i see here in the forum are well educated and has professional degree,so i guess u have to rephrase your sentence

2_950692851l.jpg

October 24, 2007 - we met online ( Cherry Blossoms)

February 24, 2008 - He came to the Philippines to finally meet me!

February 26, 2008 - He proposed to me and I said YES!

March 4, 2008 - Flew back home ( US )- sad

K1 timeline:

April 7, 2008 - sent I-129f to VSC

April 10, 2008 - VSC received petition

April 18, 2008 - NOA1 hard copy received

May 9, 2008 - touched

July 14, 2008 - touched

July 15, 2008 - NOA2 (99days)

Aug.14-15,2008-Medical PASSED

Aug.22,2008- Interview PASSED (Pink Slip Only)

Aug.29,2008- VISA ON HAND

Sept.3,2008- POE Houston TX

October 25, 2008 - Officially Mrs. Eaton

AOS Timeline:

March 10, 2009 - AOS package sent to USCIS via FedEx

March 12, 2009 12:21pm - AOS package delivered to USCIS

March 20, 2009 - Check cashed

March 21, 2009 - NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765

March 24, 2009 - Received Biometrics Appointment

April 4, 2009 - Case transferred to CSC

April 7, 2009 - Biometrics appointment is done

May 4, 2009 - AP approval notice received

May 8,2008 - EAD received

June 3, 2009 - Welcome notice from CRIS via email

June 8, 2009 - Receive hard copy of welcome notice on the mail

June 15, 2009 - Card production ordered

June 27, 2009 - Green Card on hand ( 2 years )

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have a nephew who wants to petition his girlfriend from the Philippinnes to the US on a K1 visa. I did a search of the forums to see if this issue had ever been brought up and have found nothing.

The following is the letter that was sent to me by my nephew

Hey Uncle Frank,

As you know I met this wonderful Filipina girl, Marla, 4 months ago. We’re pretty serious about our relationship and would like to get married. Mom said that you were in process to be married to a nice Mexican girl (BTW congrats) and said you were a member of website that was helping you in the process of bringing her to the US and if I had any questions to ask you.

I have a question for you: Marla and I met when she was a bar girl in Cebu. She said that she was doing it to help out her family. She stopped working in the bar a week ago because she felt our relationship was more important. If I want to bring her back to the US and marry her on a K1 visa will her being a bar girl affect the process? My friends say that it shouldn’t be a problem for me because most of the K1 petitions are for former bar girls. What do you think?

I have no experience with the Philippines but I do have experience with Americans trying to bring Mexican fiances to the US. The Mexican bar girls/ prostitutes have to register with the local police and they receive a health card that has to be signed off every month by the health authorities. The American consulate does a check with the local police authorities to see if the woman being petitioned has been or is registered as a prostitute.

Thanks in advance for the help :thumbs:

I totally disagree to your friend! We are a k1 visa petition and I am not a bar girl. and kindly tell your friend that he/she is wrong! i dont know if there are some. But I am sure NOT MOST K1 PETITIONS FROM THE PHILIPPINES ARE FORMER BAR GIRLS! I heard most are PROFESSIONALS! And if you love the girl and your interested to her why dont you meet her and to know her so that time you will find out. and Even she work in bar, We dont have the right to judge! Goodluck!

1_918513300l.jpg

04/18/07 first he sent message to me ( Interkontakt.net) then we became friends, bestfriends, and a lover :)

01/13/08 we first met personally at NAIA airport

o1/21/08 became engaged

01/25/08 he flew back to FL.

04/10/08 papers sent to VSC

04/15/08 papers received to VSC

04/21/08 check cashed/ noticed receipt issued (noa1)

04/24/08 touched

04/25/08 noa1 hard copy received

05/21/08 touched

07/28/08 touched ( i was so excited if we will get approve )

07/29/08 touched ( but it was an rfe lol )

07/29/08 rfe sent from uscis and fiance received it through fax. actually he called that time to follow up our case and the woman said that we have our rfe so my fiance asked to send it through fax right away.

07/29/08 request documents needed sent to uscis

07/30/08 touched

08/

07/31/08 Rfe's document was delivered at 12:50 PM. The item was signed for by P NOVAK.

08/01/08 touched=case resumed on process

08/03/08 touched ( not excited )

08/05/08 touched ( wonder why touched again lol )

08/06/08 touched again lol ( hummm they are working our case :) )

08/13/08 NOA2 ( WERE APPROVED) :) THANK YOU LORD!

09/15-16/08 medical I hope everything will be fine

10/24/08 interview sched. wish me luck! God help me :)

10/29/08 visa received!

12/19/08 my flight to US

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I could not find anything on USCIS website stating that K1 applicant's qualification "should not be a bar girl." Unless your nephew's girl has a communicable disease, then it will be a problem.

Bar girls or not, professionals or uncivilized, we have the freewill to choose whom we want regardless of people's judgment. It's still our choices that matters in the end and not other's preferences.

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I remember when we had project in school that we need to interview some one like working in bar or club…. she was 17 that time and the owner of the bar is her LOLA she were crying to us because she honestly do not want what she is doing every night then I asked her why and what are you doing??? She decided to sit on stage then she asked me what do you think what we were doing here??? Then I answered her DANCING or SINGING. Then she said YES and might be more than that, more than that I thought. But who am I to judge people who are working as a BARGIRL, Yes I am a filipina but not all filipina are alike, Yes she is a BARGIRL but not all BARGIRL are alike (as far as I know) Yes I am on K1 visa but I am not a BARGIRL….

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Timeline

Not all asian "bar girls" are the same. But, I would believe that the vast majority of filipinas would not choose anything close to the bar scene with out a compelling need, ie family, etc. With a little time in that club environment, with the comparably easy money and party environment, any one would develop bad habits which would be more difficult to break.

I know several middle aged men who had work assignments in PH and ended up marrying bar girls. All were divorced within 5 years. One even got pregnant by someone else while he was away on business.

Would you take and american equivalent home to mon?

Met online August 2006

Meet in Philippines July 2007

I-129F sent to CSC March 2008

NOA2 issued April 2008

Interview July 22, 2008 APPROVED

Arrived USA. POE SFO July 31, 2008

Married September 5, 2008

Filed AOS, EAD, AP September 17, 2008

EAD and AP approved 12/2/2008

AOS approved 02/09/09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Hoes need love too... :unsure:

:rofl:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline
Not all asian "bar girls" are the same. But, I would believe that the vast majority of filipinas would not choose anything close to the bar scene with out a compelling need, ie family, etc. With a little time in that club environment, with the comparably easy money and party environment, any one would develop bad habits which would be more difficult to break.

I know several middle aged men who had work assignments in PH and ended up marrying bar girls. All were divorced within 5 years. One even got pregnant by someone else while he was away on business.

Would you take and american equivalent home to mon?

LOL thats half of the USA, some of you all are the biggest hypocrites i wonder how meany men that posted hear have been marryed before oh im sure it was all the ex-wife fault to i feel sad for some of you all always judging people.

Filed: Timeline
Anyway this is not the India cast system and working in a bar in the USA and the Philippians is legal so it WILL NOT MATTER.

Its caste system.

The question raised was not what her moral character is but if they will have any problems with the visa process. YES, if she was engaged in Prostitution, then she will. And all the Bible stories will not convince the CO

Timeline

and i don't think that the poster friends were saying that any of you all were bargirls BUT most of the k1 in the 80 and 90 were from Olongapo and Clark Almost ""23,000 Filipinas attended the mandatory "Bride School," a prerequisite to marriage to an American serviceman between 1972 and 1992."And What DO you think there job was in those town Don't make the PI out to be so innocent its not same as bargirl they are not all bad.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.