franklie

Bar girl and K1

135 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In the 70s 80s and 90s lots were from Olongapo City(Subic Bay Naval Base) and Angeles City (outside Clark air base) Olongapo was a virtual Fil-Am marriage factory, as was Clark Air Force Base. Almost 23,000 Filipinas attended the mandatory "Bride School," a prerequisite to marriage to an American serviceman between 1972 and 1992. So i dont know there job but i bet that lots worked in bars.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Ive been to angeles city before they closed Clark AB. The ladies that you meet in the bars are not the ones tht you wanna bring home to mamma.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

This is a website pertaining to marrying bargirls in Thailand. I'm sure the same rules apply. It's must read read if you met your girl in a bar anywhere in SE Asia. Most of the time it doesn't work. Sometimes it does. But you better go in with your eyes wide open, or you could be in for some real surprises.

http://www.stickmanweekly.com/index.html

Alot of good information about what goes on. Things aren't always what they seem.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I beg to disagree on the highlighted statement. There may be former bar girls but I believe MOST of K1 petitions are for filipinas working in less questionable fields. There are lawyers, doctors, researchers, teachers, designers, web programmers, sales reps, entreprenuers, accountants, nurses, sales ladies in department stores, etc. Former bar girls constitute the minority.... well at least here on vj and also amongst the people who filed K1 or K3 visas outside vj that I know of. Saying somebody was a bar girl has negative connonotation but I agree with stuart, bar girls do not automatically mean they are/were prostitutes. And even if they were, if they are truly reformed then there is no problem giving them a fair chance in love right?

Perhaps this old thread could be of help: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...109645&st=0

Thanks to all for the input.

As related to me, his GF/SO/fiance did in fact engage in prostitution. His concern is now related to crimes of "moral turpitude". I do not judge any girl for being a prostitute. I have on occasion been asked to talk with girls and see if I can convince them to leave the trade. A mother that I have never met in person is forever thankful for my intervention in her daughter's life. Most of these girls to use a Biblical analogy are like the "prodigal son".

The comments by nephew's "friends" are IMO are ex-pats speaking out their a$$.

the other link has a lot of good info as well. I'll send him the links

Si me dieran a elegir una vez más_____ Nos casamos: el 01 de Julio 2008

te elegiría sin pensarlo _______________ Una cita con una abogada para validar la info de VJ: el 24 de Agosto, 2008 (Ya ella me cree)

es que no hay nada que pensar_______ El envio del I-130: el 26 de Agosto 2008

que no existe ni motivo ni razón ______ Entregado a las 14:13 PM en el 26 de Agosto, 2008 en CHICAGO, IL. Firmado por V BUSTAMANTE.

para dudarlo ni un segundo ___________ La 1ra Notificación de Acción (NOA1): el 29 de Agosto 2008

porque tú has sido lo mejor ___________ El cheque al USCIS cobró: el 2 de Septiembre, 2008

que todo este corazón ________________ Un toque el 19 de septiembre, 2008

y que entre el cielo y tú

yo me quedo contigo

-Franco deVita

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have a question for you: Marla and I met when she was a bar girl in Cebu. She said that she was doing it to help out her family. She stopped working in the bar a week ago because she felt our relationship was more important. If I want to bring her back to the US and marry her on a K1 visa will her being a bar girl affect the process? My friends say that it shouldn't be a problem for me because most of the K1 petitions are for former bar girls. What do you think?

Will her being a bar girl/prostitute derail the K1 visa?

Thanks in advance for the help :thumbs:

I beg to disagree on the highlighted statement. There may be former bar girls but I believe MOST of K1 petitions are for filipinas working in less questionable fields. There are lawyers, doctors, researchers, teachers, designers, web programmers, sales reps, entreprenuers, accountants, nurses, sales ladies in department stores, etc. Former bar girls constitute the minority.... well at least here on vj and also amongst the people who filed K1 or K3 visas outside vj that I know of.

Saying somebody was a bar girl has negative connonotation but I agree with stuart, bar girls do not automatically mean they are/were prostitutes. And even if they were, if they are truly reformed then there is no problem giving them a fair chance in love right?

Perhaps this old thread could be of help: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...109645&st=0

Absolutely... everybody in entitled to LOVE. just be careful of the STD'S

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I beg to disagree on the highlighted statement. There may be former bar girls but I believe MOST of K1 petitions are for filipinas working in less questionable fields. There are lawyers, doctors, researchers, teachers, designers, web programmers, sales reps, entreprenuers, accountants, nurses, sales ladies in department stores, etc. Former bar girls constitute the minority.... well at least here on vj and also amongst the people who filed K1 or K3 visas outside vj that I know of. Saying somebody was a bar girl has negative connonotation but I agree with stuart, bar girls do not automatically mean they are/were prostitutes. And even if they were, if they are truly reformed then there is no problem giving them a fair chance in love right?

Thanks to all for the input.

As related to me, his GF/SO/fiance did in fact engage in prostitution. His concern is now related to crimes of "moral turpitude". I do not judge any girl for being a prostitute. I have on occasion been asked to talk with girls and see if I can convince them to leave the trade. A mother that I have never met in person is forever thankful for my intervention in her daughter's life. Most of these girls to use a Biblical analogy are like the "prodigal son".

The comments by nephew's "friends" are IMO are ex-pats speaking out their a$$.

the other link has a lot of good info as well. I'll send him the links

Have you ever been arrested or convicted for an offense or crime involving moral turpitude.No arrested or conviction then no moral turpitude

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

You dont wanna petition for a hooker....they aint even worth fightin over. Use em and forget them. She will end up working in a massage parlor here.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

most of the K1 petitions are for former bar girls

i totally disagree with that. i am not on K1 NOR a bar girl but i believe that most of the K1 beneficiaries are NOT bar girls.

Anyway, I just wanna share you something. We own a canteen here that my mom manages. We have regular customers that told us that they go to different beerhouses and clubs where there are bar girls. They told us that most of the time, their wallets or watches are gone after having some drinks with bar girls :blink: but they don't care caz i don't think that money is important to them.

I am not telling that the girl that your nephew met is like those bar girls nor i am judging her. I believe that everyone deserves to be loved, whether you are a bar girl or a president of a company. Just a friendly advice, I think the best thing is for him to spend time with her personally and get to know her more before he brings her in the US. I hope that he chose the right girl for him as there are people who only wants GC.

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

You dont wanna petition for a hooker....they aint even worth fightin over. Use em and forget them. She will end up working in a massage parlor here.

It was such a harsh statement. How can you be so sure that the said girl is a hooker? I am not a bar girl but I guess not all the girls who are working in the bars are "prostitute". Sometimes these girls just cannot think of any other way to feed their families. Everybody deserves a chance to change and have a better life. But I also agree with o0pink0o, he better come over here and spend time with the said girl before even thinking of petitioning her. He is the only person who could realize if she is the right person for him or not (if she is really inlove or she wants GC only).

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Will her being a bar girl/prostitute derail the K1 visa?...

First she has to decide whether or not she really was a prostitute. Call it what you like, it's either a yes or no. After that she then has to decide how to answer the first question of no. 38 on form DS-156. Read that section carefully...

Good luck if she checks to box for YES...

Will her being a bar girl/prostitute derail the K1 visa?...

First she has to decide whether or not she really was a prostitute. Call it what you like, it's either a yes or no. After that she then has to decide how to answer the first question of no. 38 on form DS-156. Read that section carefully...

Good luck if she checks to box for YES...

I agree. And any answer to the interview question "how did you meet" that contains the words bar or prostitute, or anything like that, could spell trouble.

When I was a teenager, I spent three months in Angeles and Olongapo. They posted the price for the girls on the bar walls (ST, day,week, month), and sometimes the girls wore numbers to make them easy to remember (I think). The statement that bargirl doesn't equal prostitute is a stretch. I think it is also true to say that many bargirls were probably "good girls" once, but had to take the job to survive. That being said, how could any young girl spend even a few weeks at that job and not have emotional scars? It has to change the way they look at men and relationships. Caution is the best thing.

Edited to add: I don't mean the embassy interview

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.