Jenn!

Orbitz

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I purchased a plane ticket on Orbitz about a week ago. Immediately I had two pending transactions on my bank account - one for the price of the ticket, and another for the $6.99 service charge. Fine.

I received the e-Ticket confirmation and everything seems correct.

I checked my bank account today and the $6.99 service charge went through, but the transaction for the ticket itself is nowhere to be found.

I haven't received any communication from Orbitz about not receiving payment or anything.

Should I call Orbitz? The airline? I'm worried that the ticket is not being held for me anymore, but I'm also worried that if I make an inquiry they'll end up charging me twice and I'll have a hassle of trying to get a refund.

Any advice?

Thanks. :star:

I purchased a plane ticket on Orbitz about a week ago. Immediately I had two pending transactions on my bank account - one for the price of the ticket, and another for the $6.99 service charge. Fine.

I received the e-Ticket confirmation and everything seems correct.

I checked my bank account today and the $6.99 service charge went through, but the transaction for the ticket itself is nowhere to be found.

I haven't received any communication from Orbitz about not receiving payment or anything.

Should I call Orbitz? The airline? I'm worried that the ticket is not being held for me anymore, but I'm also worried that if I make an inquiry they'll end up charging me twice and I'll have a hassle of trying to get a refund.

Any advice?

Thanks. :star:

I've used them once and had no problem then. I would get in contact with them to see whats happened.

I would also call your bank to be on the safe side.

beach_1_001.jpg

I always used Orbitz and have never had this sort of issue.

Guess I'll get on the phone. What about calling the airline first and just "confirming my reservation"?

There's no harm doing it.

beach_1_001.jpg

Timeline

Thanks guys, I called the airline and everything seems straight with them.

Strange that I have a ticket that I haven't paid anyone for! :D Just weird that it would appear on my account and then disappear and that the service charge went through!

Filed: Timeline
Jenn - call both. That's why I never buy ####### online.

I agree! I purchased airline tickets from orbitz once. That's all it took. I will not EVER buy tickets from them again. They sent us the e-ticket then about two weeks before we were supposed to leave they canceled the flights we had. They switched us to another flight but failed to do whatever it was they were supposed to do so the day before we were supposed to leave we had no tickets. Then, to make matters even worse we didn't have any tickets to come home either. They screwed that up too. I'd rather just pay a little extra to know that I'll have a flight when I get ready to leave.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Timeline
Jenn - call both. That's why I never buy ####### online.

I agree! I purchased airline tickets from orbitz once. That's all it took. I will not EVER buy tickets from them again. They sent us the e-ticket then about two weeks before we were supposed to leave they canceled the flights we had. They switched us to another flight but failed to do whatever it was they were supposed to do so the day before we were supposed to leave we had no tickets. Then, to make matters even worse we didn't have any tickets to come home either. They screwed that up too. I'd rather just pay a little extra to know that I'll have a flight when I get ready to leave.

But Orbitz is just a broker. The airline must have changed the flight, not Orbitz. Right?

Well, I'm going to take the airlines word for it that I have a confirmed seat, and just wait and see what happens with Orbitz.

It can happen....with me it was for car tires that I bought(not online, at the store). The charge appeared "pending" on my account, but a couple of days later it disappeared. It was a more than a week later that the actual transaction (no longer pending) showed up on my account.

At the time I called my bank to inquire. They explained that the 'pending' charge is sort of just a hold for the $ that is placed on the funds in your bank. The vendor has to submit their credit card(I used my bankcard) charges electronically at a later date and that is when your account gets charged. Now usually this is just a smooth transaction between the "hold" and the actual charge, but sometimes the vendor can be late in actually charging my account and since the temporary hold expires that is why you don't see the charge anymore. But I'm sure in a day or two, the charge for your ticket will be shown on your account. The vendor you're dealing with is pretty 'high volume'....I don't think they will take too long to charge your account. ;)

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline
It can happen....with me it was for car tires that I bought(not online, at the store). The charge appeared "pending" on my account, but a couple of days later it disappeared. It was a more than a week later that the actual transaction (no longer pending) showed up on my account.

At the time I called my bank to inquire. They explained that the 'pending' charge is sort of just a hold for the $ that is placed on the funds in your bank. The vendor has to submit their credit card(I used my bankcard) charges electronically at a later date and that is when your account gets charged. Now usually this is just a smooth transaction between the "hold" and the actual charge, but sometimes the vendor can be late in actually charging my account and since the temporary hold expires that is why you don't see the charge anymore. But I'm sure in a day or two, the charge for your ticket will be shown on your account. The vendor you're dealing with is pretty 'high volume'....I don't think they will take too long to charge your account. ;)

-P

Aha! Thanks alot, Paula! That makes sense.