Hesham&Tanya

JFK Nightmare!!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Congrates that your SO is here, sorry he was delayed a little longer than you wished.

Edited by sweet_peach

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well, the nitemare is over now..THANK YOU GOD!!! The reunion was wonderful, Thank GOD I had my friend with me, because we couldnt stop kissing all the way home, we were so happy to be in each others arms again...What Delay??? Talk about distant memories, the moment I saw him I forgot what I was so freaked out about..hahahahaha!!! (I think he did too, but he was ready to come home) The funny thing is, he looked like he had just stepped out of a magazine, no one sign of an overnite wait at any airport..hahaha!

I am very proud of him for holding up so well, he is a trooper..So patient and calm..He said he even ventured around the airport all those hours..I would have stayed right in my seat..hahahaha! I too was stuck in that airport when I went to Egypt, but only for 8 hours, that was nothing...(and I found my gate and stayed in my seat except to go to the bathroom...hahaha!) I guess we cant control the weather, and like I said patience is a virtue, and IT WAS WELL WORTH EVERY SECOND OF THE WAIT!!!!!

He is home sleepin like a baby now, unfortunately I had to come to work...

Everyone Have a great day....AND YES IF UR WAITING FOR UR LOVED ONE TO COME HOME ITS WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!!! Just like everyone on here that has been reunited says!!!!!

God Bless All

Tanya

Tanya and Hesham!!!! I can't believe the exact same thing happened to Gamal!!! He flew out on Wednesday on Delta, and missed his flight because of immigration, and the weather and the flight delay in Cairo! It was a nightmare for us too. It must be an Egyptian thing because he was calm cool and collected and I was FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!! But Thank God, I was able to get him from the airport last night!! It has been a whirlwind, but now all of our lives are finally starting!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!! God Bless both you and Hesham in your life together!!

Love,

Gamal and Erin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I arrived in JFK July 23rd at 3 pm. I was supposed to leave at 4:30 pm for Chicago. I didn't leave JFK until July 24th at 11:30 am. I had to take 3 flights to get to Chicago and I finally got home at 3 am this morning. I tried sleeping on the floor at JFK but kept waking up shivering to death. What a nightmare. I don't think I slept for almost 72 hours. I feel like a zombie. I just got one of my lost bags returned to my door and they still need to bring the other one.

I kept wondering if any of the MENA men I saw were waiting to reunite with wives/fiances. I'm glad you were finally reunited with yours! I hope everyone has made it out of JFK. I will try to avoid JFK from now on. :wacko:

"True freedom and the end of suffering is living in such a way as if you had completely chosen whatever you feel or experience at this moment. This inner alignment with Now is the end of suffering. Is suffering really necessary? Yes and no. If you had not suffered as you have, there would be no depth to you as a human being, no humility, no compassion. You would not be reading this now. Suffering cracks open the shell of ego, and then comes a point when it has served its purpose. Suffering is necessary until you realize it is unnecessary." Eckhart Tolle

usmorocco-1.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I arrived in JFK July 23rd at 3 pm. I was supposed to leave at 4:30 pm for Chicago. I didn't leave JFK until July 24th at 11:30 am. I had to take 3 flights to get to Chicago and I finally got home at 3 am this morning. I tried sleeping on the floor at JFK but kept waking up shivering to death. What a nightmare. I don't think I slept for almost 72 hours. I feel like a zombie. I just got one of my lost bags returned to my door and they still need to bring the other one.

I kept wondering if any of the MENA men I saw were waiting to reunite with wives/fiances. I'm glad you were finally reunited with yours! I hope everyone has made it out of JFK. I will try to avoid JFK from now on. :wacko:

what was the reason for this delay? Y'all are scaring me!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

JFK drives me crazy and Laguardia does too, but for different reasons. I had 3 and a half hours between my flight into New York and leaving to Amman. Laguardia did something my whole flight's luggage and we had to wait 2 hours to get it. We sat watching all the other flights get theirs that came after us and still had to wait. I was getting so mad by the time it came. Then I had to rush to JFK and barely caught my flight.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

JFK drives me crazy and Laguardia does too, but for different reasons. I had 3 and a half hours between my flight into New York and leaving to Amman. Laguardia did something my whole flight's luggage and we had to wait 2 hours to get it. We sat watching all the other flights get theirs that came after us and still had to wait. I was getting so mad by the time it came. Then I had to rush to JFK and barely caught my flight.

:o Whoa!

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

They were cancelling flights because of bad weather. I was able to see outside JFK and there was no bad weather and CNN showed Chicago was clear too. I heard there was bad weather in the Northeast but it made no sense to cancel flights to the west except that when they cancel flights because of bad weather, they don't have provide any hotel stays. The real reason for cancelling flights I don't know because the weather seemed fine.

"True freedom and the end of suffering is living in such a way as if you had completely chosen whatever you feel or experience at this moment. This inner alignment with Now is the end of suffering. Is suffering really necessary? Yes and no. If you had not suffered as you have, there would be no depth to you as a human being, no humility, no compassion. You would not be reading this now. Suffering cracks open the shell of ego, and then comes a point when it has served its purpose. Suffering is necessary until you realize it is unnecessary." Eckhart Tolle

usmorocco-1.jpg

Timeline

Maybe it was something else and they weren't telling?

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
Maybe it was something else and they weren't telling?

I don't know, but the flight JFK cancelled on me that I posted earlier, they said the same thing. That it was weather and yet the weather in New York was fine.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It must be an Egyptian thing because he was calm cool and collected and I was FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!! But Thank God, I was able to get him from the airport last night!! It has been a whirlwind, but now all of our lives are finally starting!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!! God Bless both you and Hesham in your life together!!

Love,

Gamal and Erin

ohhhhhhh yeah this is the Egyptian pharaoh we know how to deal in the bad conditions. :thumbs:

have a nice blessed new life with your love Erin

Edited by tenderheart197900

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.