Hesham&Tanya

JFK Nightmare!!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello All,

I just wanted to share my story, and Hope and pray this dont happen to anyone else..(If it has, I feel for you!)

My SO was on his way to New York JFK airport from Cairo Egypt..The flight was very long anyway, but as you know when ur traveling by plane you have no concept of time, and it just seems to drag anyway..Well, when he got to the airport the weather had gotten bad, so his flight to Indy was cancelled.. :crying: I had no idea what to do, so ofcourse I was frantic, and on the phone with the airlines half the nite, trying to get a flight out of there as soon as I could..Needless to say I could do nothing..The weather prevented flights from leaving and nothing open til tonite, they couldnt even get him a hotel room, they were all booked up...He has a flight booked for tonite leaving around 9pm, but I really had my hopes set on spending the nite with him last nite..I could just imagine how he felt, sitting here in another country, dont know anyone, and cant call out on his phone, cant leave the airport, and absolutely nothing to do..OMG I would be stark raving mad..Nope, not him, everytime I have heard from him he is calm cool and collected..He says everything is going fine..I got him a calling card, so he can call me, but I felt so helpless I could do no more for him..I am just asking for a few more prayers tonite, that he makes it the second leg of his trip with no more delays..What a nitemare, but this too shall pass..Patience is a virtue!!

Thanks for listening and GOD bless us all!

Hesham&Tanya

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Aww bless him for his calmness through all of this. He did fine, you should relax and be proud of him. Forget the bad now and look forward to your reunion, not much longer now!

BTW, when my husband came he was delayed at the JFK airport too for about 6 hours. Not fun at all I tell ya! But those are mere distant memories now that he has been here for well over a year.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Same thing happened to me coming from Amman. I spent all those hours on the plane and arrived around 4:30pm. I arrived to messages on my phone saying my flight had been cancelled and that I was rescheduled for the next day. I don't know anyone in New York and I have never been outside the airport in New York before. I spent two hours calling every hotel in New York City to try to find one with a vacancy because so many flights were cancelled. When I found one it was over an hour away so the taxi fees were nearly $100 (one way) and I had to pay $350 for the room. The flight they put me on was for the next morning at 7:30am. I called a taxi extra early in the morning, but the company decided to wait an hour and a half to send it out to me. I ended up missing my flight by the time I got to the airport and had to be rescheduled again for a 10:30am flight out of LGA. This meant another ride and hauling all my stuff again. God, I was so glad to get home. Being in New York alone with no idea of anything is hard for me, I can't imagine how your husband feels. It is really great he is staying so calm.

I hope he makes it safely tonight and you have a happy reunion.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

Perhaps I am wrong, but if they cancelled it that late aren't they responsible to get you a hotel and a ride to and from? We had an issue in Casa and was late for our flight out of New York. They put us all up in a hotel for the night.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hope your husband arrives tonight safe and sound. Like M4E said, it's terrible when you are in the middle of it, but a few months from now it will be a distant memory. My husband and I still laugh about the things that were so horrid at the time, but are way in the past now.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

If the problem is weather related, they don't have to do anything.

K-1 Timeline in Profile (our story)

Church wedding Sept 18

NOA1's for AOS/EAD received Sept 20 MSC #

Biometrics completed Nov 5 2004

EAD Approval Dec 29 2004

AOS appointment letter received Feb 3 2005

AOS interview scheduled for March 9 2005

AOS interview mostly fine, just need I-693 supplement filled out by civil surgeon

Spend another $40 for I-693 form, sent to local USCIS office registered mail, arrived March 11 2005

AOS finally approved March 25th 2005

Green card arrives about 10 days later

!!Green card has incorrect middle name!! Thanks USCIS

Travel back to Denver, turn in card and I-90 to correct their mistake.

Application accepted, asked for I-551 stamp, they told me "We don't do stamps anymore"

NOA1 for I-90 received from NSC April 18 2005, fee waived

NSC appears to have stoped processing I-90's

Marilyn needs to travel back to the RP, call Senators office for help with green card or I-551 stamp

Travel back to Denver July 1, 2005 and received I-551 stamp in the passport.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So sorry to hear that Tanya

i hope that everything will work out for him and he will be home soon without more problems (F)

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The same thing happened to my auntie and cousins, they are coming home from NY to the Philippines. They were stucked in the airport for 9 hours. The connecting flights were all in trouble also. They came here 17 hours later.

But those delays were due to the storm in NY. We can't do anything about it..

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

Timeline

Well, the nitemare is over now..THANK YOU GOD!!! The reunion was wonderful, Thank GOD I had my friend with me, because we couldnt stop kissing all the way home, we were so happy to be in each others arms again...What Delay??? Talk about distant memories, the moment I saw him I forgot what I was so freaked out about..hahahahaha!!! (I think he did too, but he was ready to come home) The funny thing is, he looked like he had just stepped out of a magazine, no one sign of an overnite wait at any airport..hahaha!

I am very proud of him for holding up so well, he is a trooper..So patient and calm..He said he even ventured around the airport all those hours..I would have stayed right in my seat..hahahaha! I too was stuck in that airport when I went to Egypt, but only for 8 hours, that was nothing...(and I found my gate and stayed in my seat except to go to the bathroom...hahaha!) I guess we cant control the weather, and like I said patience is a virtue, and IT WAS WELL WORTH EVERY SECOND OF THE WAIT!!!!!

He is home sleepin like a baby now, unfortunately I had to come to work...

Everyone Have a great day....AND YES IF UR WAITING FOR UR LOVED ONE TO COME HOME ITS WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!!! Just like everyone on here that has been reunited says!!!!!

God Bless All

Tanya

Hesham&Tanya

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well, the nitemare is over now..THANK YOU GOD!!! The reunion was wonderful, Thank GOD I had my friend with me, because we couldnt stop kissing all the way home, we were so happy to be in each others arms again...What Delay??? Talk about distant memories, the moment I saw him I forgot what I was so freaked out about..hahahahaha!!! (I think he did too, but he was ready to come home) The funny thing is, he looked like he had just stepped out of a magazine, no one sign of an overnite wait at any airport..hahaha!

I am very proud of him for holding up so well, he is a trooper..So patient and calm..He said he even ventured around the airport all those hours..I would have stayed right in my seat..hahahaha! I too was stuck in that airport when I went to Egypt, but only for 8 hours, that was nothing...(and I found my gate and stayed in my seat except to go to the bathroom...hahaha!) I guess we cant control the weather, and like I said patience is a virtue, and IT WAS WELL WORTH EVERY SECOND OF THE WAIT!!!!!

Everyone Have a great day....AND YES IF UR WAITING FOR UR LOVED ONE TO COME HOME ITS WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!!! Just like everyone on here that has been reunited says!!!!!

God Bless All

Tanya

awe congratulations im so happy for u guys.........and tell him welcome to the USA :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Timeline

Ohhh Where are my manners???? THANK YOU ALL FOR UR PRAYERS!!! I guess I was just so happy to share the good news, I lost my mind for a minute.. :unsure:

Best wishes to everyone, and we will pray for all of you too!

Hesham&Tanya

Timeline

God Bless All

Tanya

I know how hard it is to work, but to be honest after a long flight, uncomfortable wait in the airport, and finally getting here I am sure he is exhausted. If you were there you would probably be so antsy while he was sleeping, waiting for him to wake up.

I went into work the day my hubby got here, and he slept almost the entire time I was gone, so I was glad I did. I would have been a basket case trying to wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.